Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup

Originally Posted By: Lato
Rak was playing but I didn't realise until he got substituted

So you didn't recognise one of your former players

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato
Rak was playing but I didn't realise until he got substituted

So you didn't recognise one of your former players

that's what I said though I believe he played less than 45 first team minutes for RMFC.

Yes but presumably you had seen him play on a number of occasions for Haringey Borough against Ruislip Manor so you knew what he looked like

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Wader
All great stuff for Ware in their FA Cup exploits. 816 attendance today and an impressive 3-1 defeat of Tonbridge Angels. Kidderminster Harriers wasn't the kindest draw in 1st Rd Proper, but it's at home and Kiddy won't fancy that trip one little bit

Wader - Someone from the Tony Kempter Forum went to the game and has given a good summary:

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Admission £8, programme £1.50
The day starts with 2 GBG pubs in Ware for my co-travellers after we'd collected our programmes at 2pm. Plenty of parking in and around the ground.
Healthy crowd of 816 of which I would think 40% were from Tonbridge. I must admit the crowd did not look as big as that, I would have thought nearer 5-600. The atmosphere was very good natured and both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs. Nice ground with a decent covered seated stand on one side and covered terracing on the other. There is a very small bank of terracing behind the goal too.
The first half was very even and the game could have gone either way. 2 dubious penalties were awarded, 1 to each side. Ware missed and Tonbridge scored. Half time was 1-1 and it was an end to end 1st half.
Tonbridge were very poor in the 2nd half by continuing to hoof the ball upfield on the quite bobbly pitch. Ware played some cracking one touch football and in effect ran rings around their opponents from one step higher. 2 marvellous goals later and Ware fully deserved their win to reach the 1st round proper.
Ware are by far and way the best step 3 or 4 side I've seen this year and should have a very good season. Don't be surprised to see them comfortably reach the play offs.
After the match we watched the FA Cup draw in the clubhouse and the excitement of hoping they got Leeds or Forest at home. A big cheer went up when Kidderminster were pulled out of the hat.
Well done Ware and good luck against Kiddy.
The day was finished with a great pub in Henlow called the Engineers Arms, 10 real ales to chose from, unfortunately I was driving.

I also went to the Ware game on Saturday and have to agree, Ware dominated the game and were by far the better side playing some really attractive flowing football,Tonbridge just tried to bash it,You would never have thought they were the lower league team, They were a credit to the Ryman D1N and fully deserved there place in the 1st Round proper.
Credit to Glen and his staff who are doing a fantastic job.
Even Warewolf notched a couple bigshock biglaugh

It really got to TA as well. Just announced - Press release....

"It is with regret that the Directors of Tonbridge Angels Football club have to announce that the club has parted company with Manager Tony Dolby and his assistant Mike Rutherford. Tomorrow nights game at AFC Hornchurch will be covered by reserve team management duo Julian Leigh and Simon Balsdon.

The club will make a full further statement in due course".