Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup

A sickener, they would have probably turned Dulwich Hamlet over at Mill Meadow in a replay

Originally Posted By: WAREwolf
Ware 3 - 2 Thurrock laugh

Well done. Next round Hythe Town (Kent League) v Ware. £5,000 !!

• 4 weeks later...

Full Draw for the FA Cup First Round:

Darlington v Northampton Town

Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge

Torquay v Yeovil

Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers

Bury v Workington

Barnet v Gillingham

Accrington Stanley v Huddersfield Town

Farsley Celtic/Barrow v Bournemouth

Eastleigh/Forest Green v Rotherham United

Southend United v Rochdale

Team Bath v Chase Town

Bradford City v Chester City

Morecambe v Port Vale

Hereford United v Leeds United

Mansfield Town v Grays Atheltic/Lewes

Gainsborough Trinity v Hartlepool United

Exeter City v Salisbury City/Stevenage Borough

Oldham Athletic v Doncaster Rovers

Peterborough v Wrexham

Evesham/Halixax Town v Burton Albion

York City v Havant and Waterlooville

Harrogate Railway v Droylsden

Rushden & Diamonds v Macclesfield Town

Ware v Kidderminster Harriers

Walsall v Shrewsbury Town

Horsham v Maidenhead United

Altrincham v Millwall

Cheltenham Town v Brighton

Stockport County v Staines Town

Crewe Alexandra v MK Dons

Lincoln City v Nottingham Forest

Stafford v Cambridge United v Crawley Town/Aldershot Town

Notts County v Histon

Oxford United v Northwich Victoria

Billericay Town v Swansea City

Carlisle United v Grimsby Town

Eastbourne Borough v Weymouth/Hitchin Town

Chesterfield v Tranmere Rovers

Wycombe Wanderers v Swindon Town

Luton Town v Brentford

Matches will be played on the 9/10/11 November

All great stuff for Ware in their FA Cup exploits. 816 attendance today and an impressive 3-1 defeat of Tonbridge Angels. Kidderminster Harriers wasn't the kindest draw in 1st Rd Proper, but it's at home and Kiddy won't fancy that trip one little bit.

Yes, I make that the tie of the round, I may even give our game with Sport London e Benfica that day a miss and go myself

Originally Posted By: Wader
All great stuff for Ware in their FA Cup exploits. 816 attendance today and an impressive 3-1 defeat of Tonbridge Angels. Kidderminster Harriers wasn't the kindest draw in 1st Rd Proper, but it's at home and Kiddy won't fancy that trip one little bit

Wader - Someone from the Tony Kempter Forum went to the game and has given a good summary:

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
Admission £8, programme £1.50
The day starts with 2 GBG pubs in Ware for my co-travellers after we'd collected our programmes at 2pm. Plenty of parking in and around the ground.
Healthy crowd of 816 of which I would think 40% were from Tonbridge. I must admit the crowd did not look as big as that, I would have thought nearer 5-600. The atmosphere was very good natured and both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs. Nice ground with a decent covered seated stand on one side and covered terracing on the other. There is a very small bank of terracing behind the goal too.
The first half was very even and the game could have gone either way. 2 dubious penalties were awarded, 1 to each side. Ware missed and Tonbridge scored. Half time was 1-1 and it was an end to end 1st half.
Tonbridge were very poor in the 2nd half by continuing to hoof the ball upfield on the quite bobbly pitch. Ware played some cracking one touch football and in effect ran rings around their opponents from one step higher. 2 marvellous goals later and Ware fully deserved their win to reach the 1st round proper.
Ware are by far and way the best step 3 or 4 side I've seen this year and should have a very good season. Don't be surprised to see them comfortably reach the play offs.
After the match we watched the FA Cup draw in the clubhouse and the excitement of hoping they got Leeds or Forest at home. A big cheer went up when Kidderminster were pulled out of the hat.
Well done Ware and good luck against Kiddy.
The day was finished with a great pub in Henlow called the Engineers Arms, 10 real ales to chose from, unfortunately I was driving.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes, I make that the tie of the round, I may even give our game with Sport London e Benfica that day a miss and go myself

rhodes, just a quick question. Can you please explain the difference between the above and the below. Many thanks

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
yet you are going to watch Hendon v Hastings with the team you papport to being a supporter of, ie,Ruislip Manor, playing only a few miles away, this to me doesn't make any sense at all.

Lato - How was the game at Hendon yesterday, I expect you were glad about not going to Broxbourne but I still feel you let the Club you papport to support down. As for your question I didn't say that I would definitely be going to Ware on 10 November instead of our own game and probably won't but it certainly appeals particularly if Sport London e Benfica bring a lot of snotty nosed kids with them to spoil the enjoyment

What does papport mean? Do you mean purport.

Hendon v Hastings was an exciting game. After 20 minutes when Hendon were winning 2-0 and Hastings couldn't string one pass together I boldly said that the visitors would probably win 3-2. When hastings took a 3-2 lead with about twenty to go, the Hendon supporters were not too happy with me but luckily they got an equaliser. Rak was playing but I didn't realise until he got substituted

Quality shout from the Hendon fans to the Hastings fans "You're French and you know you are"