Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Double Oh Dear!!!!!!

Localfan

Quote:
Hay Rick

You've been at the Single Malts a bit early today BC? Sun's not yet over the Yard Arm, as Nelson used to say.

Quote:
Chelmsford were so pleased with their performance that three quarters of the stand had gone home when their winner went in and must of missed it.
Good to see that about 50 security guards and stewards didn't notice us take in a 3 foot air siren which we managed to sound twice before they kindly asked us not to do again as we might wake up the sleeping locals who obviously aren't interested in watching Chelmsford, but we kindly obliged being the caring citzens that we are, for a minute we thought we were at a football match.
Just like to mention that you can't play a drum, you can't use a siren but you can spend two halves of football being verbally abused by about 30 so called Chelmsford supporters using extremely foul language who also spat at our flag, and that is allowed, as the security decided to do nothing, had it been the other way round I am sure we would have been seeing the exit.
This was my second visit to Melbourne Park and these Chelmsford supporters did exactly the same thing to the Braintree fans with watching security guards but they chose to ignore them on that occasion as well. They also abused Bunny at the end who approached them but was pulled away and the security did nothing again. What is the point of having so many security guards and all they want to do is have words with the away fans and all we did was use a siren. We're not all angels at football but one thing we do is support our team together at the right end and get behind the team. We have a laugh with the opposition and sing some songs but that's where it ends. I think we are all their for the football and having a laugh.

LC
What we do now which counts and will go on to count is, Still back our club & teams during up's and downs, Not spit at opposing teams & their fans,

We don't demolish sound systems, We dont blame the grass. We don't need to send a bucket around to buy a Roof to make us louder in song.

Still as you mention "it's only September" and still a long way to go yet this season.

We will (as i'm sure you will expect) give you a wave when you drop back down and we climb back up.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC

Also, nice to see the Urchins waking up after we beat them 2 zip at their gaff...I wonder if they would visit the site if fortunes were reversed? Answer...no.

bit unfair gazz....there's a bit of rivalry 'tween the fans of both clubs for sure but no hostility that I can see....most of us think that you are still one of the favourites...

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
Strange how people read something completely different to what is written...

There's your answer Unc grin

It's a fact that the written word can be dangerous because it doesn't convey the body language that we all use without thinking.

I'd agree that the rivalry between Hx & us seems good natured. And to be fair to Chelmo ( shocked ), on the whole things seem calmer between us this season. I'd like to think some mutual respect had crept in with their decent, intelligent, supporters at least.

Although I'd bet they'd love to knock us out in a play-off grin

Originally Posted By: Brightside Bloke
Originally Posted By: Brightside Bloke

But i will however admit i am glad the Urchins are on the up Good team, Good people,

At the risk of repeating myself.

three losses doesn't mean much at this stage of a season..we could just as easily have won or lost or drawn all of our games its that tight....you lot must have got hastings on a good day as last night they were ferocious into every tackle...

as for the ponytails....well one would like to think that most of their forum stuff is tongue in cheek but I actually think they are serious...the grass was a little long mind.... grin

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
"with their decent, intelligent, supporters"

Why are my ears burning?
Bloody hell, I'm sitting too close to this radiator!

I spoke too soon. From the Soppybox this morning:-

Localfan:-

Quote:
OH!..... when can we get away from this bloody league and the shitty little green eyed clubs that go with it!

Toffee Claret:-

Quote:
There are all the same....UU, Lee Harding, The Evil TC....all like to gang up and slag us off....

Duane:-

Quote:
If asked who I would prefer to 'join us' in conny south I would go with them (AFCW).
With their support level they should not be in this tin pot league......

Ah well...

I wonder why they are referring to connie sarf...another has them in the southern premier league next year.....

now that IS long grass country... grin

AFC Sudbury

Bedford Town

Brackley Town

Bromsgrove Rovers

Chelmsford City

Chippenham Town

Clevedon Town

Corby Town

Halesowen Town

Harlow Town

Hinckley United

Hitchin Town

Leighton Town

Mangotsfield United

Merthyr Tydfil

Rugby Town

St Albans City

Stamford

Swindon Supermarine

Team Bath

Tiverton Town

Yate Town

Unc - I think Local has a problem with anger managment grin

"its abit like Uncle Urchin...nice to your face, spending money at thier clubs, eating all the burgers (more money), take the most fans (more money), still nice to your face,.....drink lots in their bar ( more money)... and then slag you off the minute the games over"

"OH!..... when can we get away from this bloody league and the shitty little green eyed clubs that go with it!"

Originally Posted By: Keith.P
Unc - I think Local has a problem with anger managment grin

"its abit like Uncle Urchin...nice to your face, spending money at thier clubs, eating all the burgers (more money), take the most fans (more money), still nice to your face,.....drink lots in their bar ( more money)... and then slag you off the minute the games over"

he is a strange one thats for sure...I think they are a little upset about my new name for them...never seen so many ponytails and white socks in the riverside since we had the barking under 18's dancing girls over a while back... grin