Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Double Oh Dear!!!!!!

Localfan

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
Can't have been groundsmen UU - otherwise we would have had a surface that suited our style of play (ie, firm, level, and with grass just the right length).

I was referring to your fans BC... grin

talking of playing surfaces..ours is one of the best in the NL game and I wouldn't mind betting much better than yours so all banter aside it was not the reason you lost the game at our place...that particular blame lies in one place...your players were not good enough on the day...

now I must go as the ricay faithful have probably had enuff of me using their forum so the best of luck to all decent chelmo fans and bollox to the whining knee jerkers amongst you.... devil

we'll see you at the rematch...

edit note

sorry RTD ...pesky women using my laptop and not logging out...

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
So it's only a LOOSE wheel - sorry, I thought Ryan said that the wheels (ie plural) had well and truly COME OFF.
Good, if it's just a loose wheel, as Gazza says, it can be fixed and you'll be up and running again in no time.

I did say wheels BC (IE, 2). But I'm driving a Jugernaut and there's 12 of the feckers. In any case, the Michelin man is on his way...

i had to laugh at this thread.

Chelmo give it billy big bollox but in fact it seems they are a club with a bit of dollar who have moved into a new ground and are still reaping the benefits of the local population finding it a novelty.

Fact of the matter is that apart from when chelmo visit anywhere within 20 miles of chelmsford their away support is pretty pathetic.I heard they struggled to muster 30 fans for their trip to horsham last week and their home crowds seem to be going down rather than up.

If chelmo don't go up this season,and nothing i saw when we beat them would suggest that they will,then their crowds will reduce by 30-40% as the fairweather fans decide that non league footy is not for them.Fact of the matter is that the ryman prem is full of sides capable of beating each other week in week out and the club who wins it will deserve it on merit not from giving it BBB on the forum.

Chelmsford = Two Bob

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
i had to laugh at this thread.
Chelmo give it billy big bollox but in fact it seems they are a club with a bit of dollar who have moved into a new ground and are still reaping the benefits of the local population finding it a novelty.
Fact of the matter is that apart from when chelmo visit anywhere within 20 miles of chelmsford their away support is pretty pathetic.I heard they struggled to muster 30 fans for their trip to horsham last week and their home crowds seem to be going down rather than up.
If chelmo don't go up this season,and nothing i saw when we beat them would suggest that they will,then their crowds will reduce by 30-40% as the fairweather fans decide that non league footy is not for them.Fact of the matter is that the ryman prem is full of sides capable of beating each other week in week out and the club who wins it will deserve it on merit not from giving it BBB on the forum.
Chelmsford = Two Bob

Perhaps the "club who wins it" will deserve it on merit AND from giving it BBB on the forum, urchin mentalist (how DID you arrive at that handle).
AS for the Chelmo populace STILL finding Melbourne Park "a novelty" after almost two years!!!!! - I don't think so.
Anyway, pleased to hear that the thread gave you a laugh - all part and parcel of the funny farm I suppose.

you should know indeed.

Well i have a friend in chelmsford who went to melbourne park last week for the first time,so i guess it is still a novelty for some people.

Shame though as he said it was like a morgue and he will be watching hornchurch more this season even if it means travelling from chelmsford rather than going to watch his "local" side.

He also said the place was like a morgue and the club doesn't have the same non league feel as most other grounds because most of the people who work for chelmsford swan around thinking they are big time.His words not mine!

Yes, we KNOW it's a "morgue", but it's all we've got until such time that we can erect covering behind the goals (in the pipeline I believe).

However, in the meantime, I have taken account of your friend's defection, and have calculated that the crowds at Melbourne Park will now only average 1,135 (instead of 1,136), and that those at Horncurch will increase from 358 to 359 (after eliminating the somewhat inflated attendances for the City and Ricay games)

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
i think i did mention in my original post that the team that wins it will do so on merit.
Seeing as you now understand that the season is 42 matches long then you obviously won't underestimate teams who have a poor run of form in september then.

Indeed I won't - in the same way that I won't underestimate teams that can't seem to win away from home (well, in the league anyway), yet still be handily placed in the league.
But still a long way to go.

Ha Ha,seems by their own fans admissions that their away support is dropping.

The first fan says they took 400,then the next one says 300,then the next one says they took 150.So what i heard that they took 30 fans could quite well be accurate.

In all honesty they bought about 150 to our place which was very dissapointing for such a club of their stature.

Chelmsford TOOLS