Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tues 2 October

eagles it is to do with the sale all those years (three) ago, its because the rent will go up as a result of the sale that they need the extra revenue from the boards.

Not five years ago as you said.Not all those years ago really. Two or three. Recently as rhodes said but perhaps you are quite young and three years ago is back in the midst of time.

Still the sporting benfica officials will know all about the sale and the rent increase and the possible extinction of Hanwell ( as they say in their presentation) and all must have been most relieved to have the council approve the boards. Are they now in situ and generating revenue do you know at your home ground eagles?

Maybe you're quite old and that's why 3 years is recent?

Five years ago was when the new lease was signed!

If there was a rent increase I wouldn't know, however, the difference between the Edgware scenario and this one is that a new lease was signed and there are 2 clubs to pull together instead of one!

Originally Posted By: Horace
Rhodes - do you spend all day surfing the internet? Although you have "unearthed" something here, it is not what you are claiming (as always?). I have just read this fascinating document. (I'm retired and my time is my own!)

Horace - Okay put it this way, £100 says that Sport London e Benfica won't start next season at Reynolds Field.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Horace
Rhodes - do you spend all day surfing the internet? Although you have "unearthed" something here, it is not what you are claiming (as always?). I have just read this fascinating document. (I'm retired and my time is my own!)

Horace - Okay put it this way, £100 says that Sport London e Benfica won't start next season at Reynolds Field.

Stakes too high for me Rhodesy! I don't care one way or the other whether they do or don't. It does indeed sound bleak for Hanwell and their lodgers.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
I dont want you demanding we all write to the PM again

TheSpursFan - No he went down in a lot of people's estimation when he did that over the Edgware Town affair. Incidentally do you want a piece of the action, I have £100 that says Sport London e Benfica won't be plying their trade at Reynolds Field on Saturday 16 August next year.

I have £100 that says Sport London e Benfica won't be plying their trade at Reynolds Field on Saturday 16 August next year.

Are Hanwell playing a home league match at Reynolds Field that day then?

Well isn't that the million dollar question we have just been debating at length

Yes that's right, I think Eagles1981 knows full well that Sport London e Benfica won't be plying their trade at Reynolds Field next season but is not letting on, anyway they've had a good innings and can't complain

Kentish Town might be in a position next season to offer Sport London e Benfica a groundshare opportunity, presumably they will want to remain in the North West London vicinity so there are few other Club's who would be able to accommodate them, I doubt whether the likes of Edgware, Kingsbury, Wembley and Wingate and Finchley would want to know.

Kentish Town might be in a position next season to offer Sport London e Benfica a groundshare opportunity, presumably they will want to remain in the North West London vicinity so there are few other Club's who would be able to accommodate them, I doubt whether the likes of Edgware, Kingsbury, Wembley and Wingate and Finchley would want to know.

why, where will you be playing next season?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
eagles read the hanwell plea to the council for permission to put up the boards. The rent increase proposed is huge, I remember a 400% figure somewhere.

At our match there this season the new rent figure starting soon was mentioned, but it was a boardroom discussion and whilst I don't feel able to repeat that, I remember reeling at the mountain they have to climb. Good luck to them, I really hope they achieve it.

or the Linford christie stadium off scrubs lane

Originally Posted By: Wader
but it was a boardroom discussion

Like the discussion about the memorabilia at Coles Park at the end of last season you mean

Originally Posted By: jayjay
or the Linford christie stadium off scrubs lane

I think I've played their a couple of times, isn't that where Willesdon Hawkeye used to play? Seem to remember coming on at right midfield against a certain Barry Hayles who was playing left back for them.. he scored a hat trick!!