Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tues 2 October

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
SLB moved to Hanwell Town the season before already with that in mind. They should do the same!

Surely if SLB are there then the others would struggle to play there as well?

Hanwell Town's ground has recently been sold so I will be surprised if Sport London e Benfica are still plying their trade there next season. I'm sure Eagles1981 knows something but is not letting on.

But as that takes them to May anyway it's not really much of an issue is it?

I suppose not but there's no reason why we shouldn't be playing there in the Premier Division next season

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Hanwell Town's ground has recently been sold so I will be surprised if Sport London e Benfica are still plying their trade there next season. I'm sure Eagles1981 knows something but is not letting on.

I heard that a local rugby side are going to move into Copthall. Don't fancy your chances next season either!

As for Hanwell Town being sold, you are 5 years out of date Rhodes! Unless 5 years ago is recently in your eyes!

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100
And one that suits the Edgware boy so well

ah but would you rather be a numpty or the great unwashed?

As for Hanwell Town being sold, you are 5 years out of date Rhodes! Unless 5 years ago is recently in your eyes!

Really, well check out the Minutes of Ealing Council's Plannng Committee meeting of 23 May this year and that will tell you otherwise, I can't post a direct link on here but no doubt with your IT skills you can access it. I think you'll find that this will be your last season at Reynolds Field:

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/services/counci...-19may2008.html

Rhodes - do you spend all day surfing the internet? Although you have "unearthed" something here, it is not what you are claiming (as always?). I have just read this fascinating document. (I'm retired and my time is my own!)

It is clear that Ealing Council sold the freehold land some time ago (with Hanwell Town as leaseholders) (shame on them!) to a company who want to develop the ground (boo!). On the face of it, in a situation not dissimilar to Edgware Town, the new landowner wants to raise the rent to a prohibitive level in order to get rid of it's tenant. But it wasn't sold again last year!

Horace again the loathing seems to have steamed up your reading glasses.

Rhodes said "recently" sold the ground, I dont see where he said " sold again last year" but I may have missed that.

Eagles said five years ago and was that recent in Rhodes view.

Rhodes has very kindly found the document saying sold in 2004 and with Hanwell saying they will struggle to pay rent and may have to pack up. Leaving Hanwell and Sporting in a bit of pooh unless Sporting benfica cough up, or Hanwell can increase revenue elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Really, well check out the Minutes of Ealing Council's Plannng Committee meeting of 23 May this year and that will tell you otherwise, I can't post a direct link on here but no doubt with your IT skills you can access it. I think you'll find that this will be your last season at Reynolds Field:

I think you'll find that you don't need IT skills to read:

"In early 2002 we negotiated a new 35 year lease with the London Borough of Ealing, our landlords at the time. In 2004, the London Borough of Ealing sold the ground at auction to a company called Ghelani Cash and Carry Ltd who are based in Leicester."

The notice you are reading is to put up extra advertising boards. Nothing to do with the sale all those years before!