Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EDGWARE TOWN

Originally Posted By: Gavin
I dont mind whatsoever to be going from the SSML treble winners last season to the top of the Ryman 1 North, and now dropping back 2 divison to SSML Div 1 step 6.

Gavin - You don't need to look on it that way, when I left Haringey to join Kentish Town I was amazed to find the quality of football far better hence my ridiculed comments at the time about Brazil '70 and the Dutch sides of '74 and '78, the players were Coached to play the ball on the floor and pass to each other rather than punt 60 yard balls downfield and hope for the best. We now have not one but two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches at the Club and our moto these days is actually 'the future's bright, the future's orange'.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
We now have not one but two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches at the Club and our moto these days is actually 'the future's bright, the future's orange'.

All you need now is some players capable of being coached to UEFA "A" standards!

We have, Lee Scott, Thomas Looney, David Dawson, Roberto Quattromini, Shaka Cole and Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen to name a handful

Thanks and that will be 17 points this time next week, I feel that Bedford and Sport London e Benfica are in false positions and will drop like a stone when the bad weather kicks in

I don't see you dropping much lower yourselves, although the bad weather put an end to your exploits last ear. I think you are only going to overtake one of the teams above you though!

Everyone knows that it wasn't the bad weather that beat us last season, it was Hendon reneging on the groundshare agreement, teams such as Brimsdown Rovers poaching our players by offering them bribes and losing Lee Scott

Would that be the "groundshare agreement" that was never written down on paper, ran from week to week, very nearly ruined our pitch and allegedly generated so much publicity for us that hardly a single Hendon fan was (or still is) aware that you played at Claremont Road last season?

It wasn't us who nearly ruined the hallowed Claremont Road turf on 30 December last year, it was a certain Mr David Clement from Watford

It's funny how you come on as soon as, and whenever, I mention Hendon, anyway I'm still not entirely satisfied with your rebuttle about spending 50k on that Copthall Stadium feasibility study a few years back, you must have been desperate to play there however we managed it without breaking sweat or having to grease any palms with silver

Plenty of times you've mentioned Hendon and I've not spoken up methinks. Purely a coincidence today - I came to catch up on what Gavin's decided to do with himself, and just so happened to see that you've decided to to make us out as the bad guys in a "groundshare agreement" that never actually existed.

As for Copthall, I couldn't care whether you believe a word of what I say - I'm more interested in people with a bit of common sense being able to make up their own minds from the facts of situations. I can't quite see why you feel that we'd prefer to play at a soulless athletics ground with minimal clubhouse facilities that would require hundreds of thousands spending on it to bring it up to the necessary standard for Ryman Premier football (let alone the next level should we earn promotion at some point!, whilst Claremont Road is still available to us - money that we don't have until (or unless) our lease is sold! As I said the other week, Copthall made a lot of sense for us when it seemed like there was little time to organise a move elsewhere, and had the money not been spent on the pitch there, we'd have looked stupid being unable to play games in September because the place was waterlogged. Since then, times have moved on, and Copthall isn't anywhere near our best option post-Claremont Road.

However, I presume the stadium works well for you in your situation - certainly better if there's more security than you had in your previously nomadic existence and hopefully you make better use of it than we would be able to.

That seems to be from the heart and I appreciate your honesty, it's not my intention to ruffle any feathers in the corridors of power at Claremont Road as Hendon, in particular Graham, were good to us last season and like I said if it wasn't for Mr Clement we might have been allowed to stay there until the end of the campaign. Incidentally I don't find the Copthall Stadium soulless and the Clubhouse facilities aren't that bad although there is no alcohol licence and I know your bar coins it in all week round.

That seems to be from the heart and I appreciate your honesty, it's not my intention to ruffle any feathers in the corridors of power at Claremont Road as Hendon, in particular Graham, were good to us last season and like I said if it wasn't for Mr Clement we might have been allowed to stay there until the end of the campaign. Incidentally I don't find the Copthall Stadium soulless and the Clubhouse facilities aren't that bad although there is no alcohol licence and I know your bar coins it in all week round.

Another load of inaccuracies there.

I find that a little insulting, the reason you won't give an example is because you can't

I find that a little insulting, the reason you won't give an example is because you can't

Good - it was meant to be insulting because you are one of the most stupid imbeciles involved in football at this level. You want an example? Easy - our bar does not coin it in all week round. It hasn't done for years. It's one of the reasons we'll be leaving Claremont Road - lack of support from the locals. The vast majority of our regular support live nowhere near Claremont Road.