Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EDGWARE TOWN

heard they have this fan called gavin who is a complete jubbly. can anyone confirm or deny and let me know where to find this fella?

gavin im calling you out rat breath!

Originally Posted By: Thefan
look for the sado with all his numbty matesmate behind him, normally wears an anorak with a little back pack for his sandwiches

I'm sure you can find him here as well...

http://www.gvshaw.proboards54.com/index.cgi

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin - Have you come across this site before, there's a feature on Edgware Town if you scroll half way down:

http://hobotread.blogspot.com/

It is Alan Turvey. It's a pretty good site isn't it, shame there are no SSML Club's featured

Gavin - There are some new posts about you on the another Forum which I feel are a little below the belt:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=48032;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=2063385

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin - There are some new posts about you on the another Forum which I feel are a little below the belt:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=48032;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=2063385

So you thought you'd post a link on here so others could have a look and a laugh. Should be a good partnership between you two!

I remember you sneering at others (me) for doing the same Gavin. You called us tinpot and spread some spurrious crap to boot.

However, I do wish you luck in your new venture and I hope you can move on with your new club and succeed. It's in the true spirit of non-league football that I hope you find your niche with Kentish Town.

Thanks Wader, perhaps time to let bygones be bygones, and I am appolgise for things said to you in the past.

I am going to watch Kentish Town play next Saturday, and have a chat with those that help the club and see if I can offer my help.

Rhodes seems to be welcoming me with open arms, and its about the football, I dont mind whatsoever to be going from the SSML treble winners last season to the top of the Ryman 1 North, and now dropping back 2 divison to SSML Div 1 step 6.

As long as I enjoy it and people are friendly and appreiciate then I dont care if its park football or the Conference league!

Originally Posted By: Football Man
So you thought you'd post a link on here so others could have a look and a laugh. Should be a good partnership between you two!

That's just it, everyone will be laughing on the other side of their faces before too long, clearly he was treated in an appalling fashion at Edgware after everything he has done for the Club and their hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves although I think, reading between the lines, there is far more to his dismissal than meets the eye, a Club doesn't just get rid of the jewell in its crown.

Originally Posted By: Gavin
I dont mind whatsoever to be going from the SSML treble winners last season to the top of the Ryman 1 North, and now dropping back 2 divison to SSML Div 1 step 6.

As long as I enjoy it and people are friendly and appreiciate then I dont care if its park football or the Conference league!

Exactly right Gavin. You are treading a well worn path and one that many others have enjoyed doing - for the challenge. It's a football thing.

Bygones have therefore become bygones.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Football Man

That's just it, everyone will be laughing on the other side of their faces before too long, clearly he was treated in an appalling fashion at Edgware after everything he has done for the Club and their hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves although I think, reading between the lines, there is far more to his dismissal than meets the eye, a Club doesn't just get rid of the jewell in its crown.

Agreed and and as has been documentated I did not just scream and shout abusive for the sake of it. I tried to keep my emotins in check having been treated like dirt, and then again at HT when I was told I was not helping the club if I did not do a match report and was better to stand down.

I should have told him where to go instead I stayed and then lost my rag with the wrong people which gave him the ammunition to get rid of me when in truth I was going to step down and leave anyway.

There has been nothing official from either the club or the league re any ban. however he ran to the press who printed a full parge article on the back page of the Harrow Observer in huge headlines which I find disgraceful and am seeking action to see if I can take legal action against them.

I may have been an Edgware fan first before helping the club, but having helped them and enjoyed it, I want to help another club no matter where they are in the league. As I said if the people are appreciative and players thats all that matters.

Here is that article in full,

Wares official sacked after swearing at fanOct 11 2007

By Simon Osborn

AN Edgware Town official has been sacked following an altercation with a fan during Saturday's Ryman League victory over Sudbury.

Gavin Shaw, the club's match secretary, has been axed from his position and barred from the ground for using foul and abusive language to spectators after a child's football entered the pitch.

Paul Gregory, Edgware Town Club Secretary, said Mr Shaw's actions had left the club with no choice.

He said: "He was shouting and screaming at the children. It was completely over the top. We've spoken to him in the past about his language and we won't allow him to give the club a bad name.

"We've worked hard to build up our reputation and cannot afford for that to be ruined now.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"The club have been trying to get more children through the gate and this kind of behavior will just put families off coming.

"I've written to Sudbury apologising and I hope this can be an end to the matter."

Mr Shaw said he was sorry for his actions.

He said: "I was completely wrong to act in the way I did.

"The language I used was disgusting and totally uncalled for, and I can only apologise for any distress that may have been caused."

The decision has been backed by several supporters on the club's official internet forum. One writer called Steve wrote: "It was absolutely disgusting what he did." * continued on p55

"He deserved his ban."

Another, Isthiam, added: "Abuse can not be tolerated and he has done himself no favours."

The event overshadowed what was otherwise a great day for Edgware, as the club had gone joint top of the league.

Gavin - This is a link to the article, I agree that it's absolutely disgraceful treatment of you, I'm shocked:

http://icharrow.icnetwork.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=wares-official-sacked-after-swearing-at-fan%26method=full%26objectid=19935471%26siteid=53431-name_page.html

You don't seem very popular either on the Isthmian Forum but I think you will have the last laugh on everyone