Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EDGWARE TOWN

Originally Posted By: Gavin
I guess they have moved away from the area, I just read below that you are in the Luton area, so I guess you moved away from the Hendon area as well.

Fair play to them for continue their support of the club despite a move further away.

Nearest I've lived to Hendon is Harrow Weald (also lived in Portsmouth & Watford). The Hendon connection stems from when my Dad lived in Kensal Rise in the 60s - he first went to Claremont Road in 1960. Still goes today as do both of my younger brothers.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
gregory lost all respect from myself...selflishly staying at a ground that he knows the club have no future at.

But not enough to stop you from continuing to follow the team and carry on working with, or for, him. Let's face it, if you hadn't been thrown out of the club for your despicable behaviour, you would still be working arm in arm with the Edgware Chairman today, regardless of the views you portray on here. Same goes for clip Rods and Haringey Borough.

WRONG, you obvioulsy have have not been reading ANY of what I have posted on the forum before I closed it down (new 'offiical one is up now)

I had intended to resign as match secretary AND withdraw my support from the club due to the actions of this man and his ungrateful attitude towards me. This situaton had been building up over the weeks and came to a head with the trip home from Eastbourne and the contact I had with in the following days by email.

I let myself down because when at HT I spoke with him and he said if I did not do the match report for the NLP that night I may as well step down as I am not helping the club, I just walked away rather then letting him have it and saying screw you and your club.

The emotions that had been building inside me where set off by a woman with her two ignorant children using the football ground as a playground and after the childs ball had entered the field of play, she was verbally warned by the Edgware chairman Ken Batten that the three of them would be thrown out.

She then abused the chairman verbally and then said "we do it at our ground" to which I replied "you are not at your ground" then she said "no we are at this SHI T ground" that lit the blue touch paper and I blew my fuse, totally losing it with her and others inc Edgware vice chariman who I told to go forth and mulityply.

I went on my forum and publically appolgiesd and the Harrow Observer obvioulsy took a quote from that for thier biased aricle that failed to mention how this woman let her kids run wild during a football match and of her abuse to the Edgware chairman. He is quoted in the paper as saying I was shouting at the children, which is totally wrong and I am going to contact the paper to seek a corection as this is not what happened.

Their coverage of the event was tottaly blown out of context with a huge article on the back of the paper and the inside, a murder would have attracted less coverage!

I have held my hands up and said the abuse and langauge I used was way out of order. In hindsight I wish I had of told him where to go at HT at least then if I had of sworn at him and he had turned round and banned me it would have been an internal matter and I dobut he would have gone online and said I was banned, as it would have been between myself and him.

I am a passionate person and emotional and sometimes I let that get the better of me, but there was no way I was going to stay helping a club that did not appreicate my work.

Just days before this I had completed pen pics for the whole squad which can be seen on the Edgware website, and then he wont even stop the coach for some food on the way home and said if you dont like you can leave, this shows the kind of person I was dealing with.

Again, my abuse was wrong and aimed at the wrong people at the wrong time, but if you had read the posts re this on the Edgware forum you would have seen that BEFORE the match I was telling those I knew that this was my LAST Edgware match...and so it proved!

My only regret is that it should have been kept between myself and him rather then me losing my temper in public and giving him the perfect ammunition to get me out of the club.

Originally Posted By: cantos
I see he got a mention on the non league show.

Steve Newing was interviewed re the mini bus breaking down and said it had been a bad week for the club, with the Match Secretary being booted out, then gregory breaking his foot, slipping at the youth team defeat to Enfield last Wednesday, and then the mini bus ended a bad week for the club.

What comes around goes around thats what the say....

What? what comes around goes around? I have been banned end off!

Though as I have stated the 'ban' is from the official website nothign has been said to me or neither have I received written confirmation of any ban from the club or the league.

I dont wish ill on anyone, I have my own health problems to cope with, but I cant help to having a smile on my face when I heard that he had fallen and broken his leg, after the treament of myself, there were some kind of powers working to contribute towards his downfall.

Gavin - That's interesting, are you sure you don't have some sort of effigy of Mr Gregory which you have been sticking pins into as the Club already seems to be falling flat on its face and you haven't been gone five minutes. I'm sure you're not the vindictive sort though and wished Edgware all the best for the future when you walked away for pastures new

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin - Why do you suppose this guy is telling everyone that Edgware are still playing at the White Lion, didn't you update the Website before you left or did you just have time to 'grab
your trousers and head for the nearest window'. I still can't get over your dismissal from the Club as you did so much for them however it seems to mirror my situation at Haringey and they may also have skeletons in their cupboard and something sinister to hide, you may have been digging too deep and it was any excuse to show you the door:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1225627

No doubt my public questioning of the way the club was being run in the summer had a lot to do with it, plus my run ins with wealdstone supporters, which is where in the article he says I had been warned before, again by email nothing to my face the man lacks any balls!

A supporter has the right to ask how the club is being run when one day you wake up and find you dont have a club anymore....a lot more to that then meets the eye I am sure he knew full well what as coming.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Gavin - That's interesting, are you sure you don't have some sort of effigy of Mr Gregory which you have been sticking pins into as the Club already seems to be falling flat on its face and you haven't been gone five minutes. I'm sure you're not the vindictive sort though and wished Edgware all the best for the future when you walked away for pastures new

LOL, a voodo doll scary !!

I have said I have nothing bad to say about the players or the management or Ken Batten for that matter, just one man who obvioulsy thinks he is bigger then anyone at the club.

By the way someone has posted on the another Forum that your Blog has gone from the net, surely Edgware didn't ask you to take it down as that would really be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Yes I removed my blog site, as I dont want to have it up online promoting Edgware town.

A new Kentish Town blog site is in the pipeline very shorlty smile

Gavin - This is great news as I haven't had the time to initiate a Blog myself as yet, let me know what information you need to put on it although you seem to have everything pretty much under control. I would also like to include the Club on the BBC Non League Website, on similar lines to what you did for Edgware, would you be able to help out with that too

No problem whatsover Rhodes, I can add the Kentish Town site to the BBC London fourm this afernoon if you would like me to?

The blog is no problem either, I will use the same blogger site and then just add links to the various relevent sites such as the offiical club site the SSML league etc etc.

I would update it much in the same way as I did the Edgware site, with match reports written by myself and photos taken by myself at matches ( mobile phone pics but they still look ok)

I can also include your match reports or articles you think would be good etc etc.

I would choose a layout that looks good, prob a blue background amd then give it a name....Kentish Town FC Blog site home of the Bedouins... something lke that smile

Loads and loads of ideas for the club smile

Originally Posted By: SteveR

I've just worked out who you are (despite knowing that you've been involved at Bigg Town for a while!!) I'm still a nice guy really - apparently!

I remember the fire extinguisher incident well, and I did read the sad news about Barnesy - he was one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Now I'm in Luton I'll have to come watch Bigg Town when we're not playing.

You will be very welcome at the new stadium. Let me know when you're coming over.

No problem whatsover Rhodes, I can add the Kentish Town site to the BBC London forum this afernoon if you would like me to?
Loads and loads of ideas for the club smile

Gavin - This is all music to my ears, if you could add a site on the BBC London Non League Website as soon as possible that would be great as I have been meaning to do one for a while, we can then presumably add to it later. Do you plan to keep the Edgware Town one on there or take it down as it's clearly not being appreciated.

You cant really add to the site under the BBC Non League A-Z as its just really a clubs history with a link to the clubs official website. I provided them the history you put up on this forum last night as well as my own edit which mentions about the clubs close connections with Arsenal FC and that they supplied the club with goal posts/nets / dugouts in the summer as I think this is good and give the club some kudos.

I asked them to let me know when its up online and as soon as it is I will post a link on here.

As for the Edgware one, I will leave it there, It says Match Secretary Gavin Shaw, so I may get them to remove that.

I have thus far deleted my Edgware forum/blog, petiton to save the white lion ground that received over 200 names.