Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EDGWARE TOWN

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well surely it's obvious, take the souvenirs for example, the Blog and the Club are featured on the BBC Non League Website, all Gavin's doing without scratching the surface

Well that certainly fits in with the Rhodes model of what makes a club tick! However, it has been the joint managers, Del Deanus and Steve Newing who have brought about the miracle that is Edgware Town today. I am not belittling what Gavin has done, but you can only do that on top of on-the-field performance, and in that respect Del and Steve have been superb.

What would have the biggest impact on Edgware - loss of Gavin, or loss of the management team?

Originally Posted By: Krooner
To be fair to Rhodes I do believe that he is talking off the pitch rather than on it. smile

I strongly believe that Gavin is more than capable of walking the walk and talking the talk unlike some people I know, he has already proved that

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Loss of ground I reckon wink

OK - I should have said "bigger" not "biggest"!

Gavin - Why do you suppose this guy is telling everyone that Edgware are still playing at the White Lion, didn't you update the Website before you left or did you just have time to 'grab
your trousers and head for the nearest window'. I still can't get over your dismissal from the Club as you did so much for them however it seems to mirror my situation at Haringey and they may also have skeletons in their cupboard and something sinister to hide, you may have been digging too deep and it was any excuse to show you the door:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1225627

Rhodes, Edgware ARE playing at the White Lion Ground, at least for the this season.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Well surely it's obvious, take the souvenirs for example, the Blog and the Club are featured on the BBC Non League Website, all Gavin's doing without scratching the surface

Well that certainly fits in with the Rhodes model of what makes a club tick! However, it has been the joint managers, Del Deanus and Steve Newing who have brought about the miracle that is Edgware Town today. I am not belittling what Gavin has done, but you can only do that on top of on-the-field performance, and in that respect Del and Steve have been superb.

I fully agree Horace, Sadly I can see it all going pear shaped for Edgware due to the ground.

Should Edgware win promotion this season the WLG is not up to standard of the step 3 and would not considerble money spent on it to bring it up to standard. Money that Edgware dont have, NO club is going to offer a groundshare with them after their treatment of Harrow Boro who 'saved' the club in the summer by offering a groundshare so the club could continue in the league, then throwing it in their faces when Barretts dropped out of bying the ground so they returned to the WLG.

They lost a lot of respect from people involved in the game when they did that and gregory lost all respect from myself and others selflishly staying at a ground that he knows the club have no future at.

I fully expect a mass exodus of players and staff should promotion or a playoff place be reached as other bigger clubs will be quick to grab Edgware's best players and the managment team could well move with them onto bigger and better things if the club is denied promotion due to ground grading or the lease.

The Prince Edward Playing Fields development is still very much up in the air, the framwork of the stadium has been there for a couple of years or so, but its been left to rot. Barnet are supposed to come in and finnish it off and allow their teams to play there but not first team, and then lease it to wealdstone with possibly a smaller stadium being availible for Edgware, but I doubt if this will ever get off the ground.

As I said I see a case of Edgware have over acheived with the current team and managment for a club with no support and shortly no ground this can only be sustained for a certain period before the bubble bursts and the club are left in dissary or maybe even defucnt.

Originally Posted By: Horace
What would have the biggest impact on Edgware - loss of Gavin, or loss of the management team?

Its a no brainer Horace, the management team for certain. Del and Steve have done an amazing job and the team spirit they have created in this their 3rd season is excellent.

Originally Posted By: Gavin
gregory lost all respect from myself...selflishly staying at a ground that he knows the club have no future at.

But not enough to stop you from continuing to follow the team and carry on working with, or for, him. Let's face it, if you hadn't been thrown out of the club for your despicable behaviour, you would still be working arm in arm with the Edgware Chairman today, regardless of the views you portray on here. Same goes for clip Rods and Haringey Borough.

Call it Karma if you will, but a week after my banning from Edgware, The Edgware team mini bus broke down on route to Maldon on the M25, with the players stranded on the hard shoulder and they had to be 'rescued' by supporters travelling in their cars to the match giving them a lift to the match.

A tyre on the bus burst and the spare under the mini bus had been stolen!

Add to that the news that Gregory who 'banned' me (still nothing official, he does not have the balls to tell me personally) BROKE his leg! YES he fell at the club just days after he banned me and accordign to reports from my sources he was on crutches hobbling around at Maldon on Saturday smile you couldnt make it up could you!

The vast majority of our regular support live nowhere near Claremont Road

Where do they live then? I would imagine that most live within 3/5 miles of the ground.

You'd be surprised. We have regular supporters who travel in from Luton (me), Watford (quite a lot), St Albans, Essex, South London for starters.

Originally Posted By: SteveR
you are one of the most stupid imbeciles involved in football at this level

I may be forced to approach Ian about this statement, how do you come to that conclusion

I'll quite happily explain myself to Ian if the need arises.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Steve, you used to be such a nice, shy person. Cecil has really got to you hasn't he. I haven't been to Claremont for a couple of seasons now - although I do remember well the fire extinguisher incident in the main stand after a match when we drenched the Sky Sports lady in foam doing an interview on the side of the pitch with one of our players - Happy days! (The lad who let it off has sadly and prematurely passed away now).

I've just worked out who you are (despite knowing that you've been involved at Bigg Town for a while!!) I'm still a nice guy really - apparently!

I remember the fire extinguisher incident well, and I did read the sad news about Barnesy - he was one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Now I'm in Luton I'll have to come watch Bigg Town when we're not playing.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
gregory lost all respect from myself...selflishly staying at a ground that he knows the club have no future at.

Mr Gregory isn't the Chairman though Gavin is he? I don't think the final decision would have been down to him.

WRONG, gregory runs the cub, Batten is just a figurehead who 'meets and greets' and does very little towards any running of the club, other then putting the kettle on for officials!

The decison is gregory's still nothing official from the club or league, a message on the clubs website is NOT a ban in my books, though I would not give them the satfisfaction of turning me away If I turned up at the wlg. There has also been no mention of how long this 'ban' is for...pretty much sums up how he is running the club I would say.

I am sure he will tell the groundstaff (both over 65 LOL) to refuse admission to me if I showed up tonight against Cavney, which I have no intenton of doing so!

Originally Posted By: SteveR
The vast majority of our regular support live nowhere near Claremont Road

Where do they live then? I would imagine that most live within 3/5 miles of the ground.

You'd be surprised. We have regular supporters who travel in from Luton (me), Watford (quite a lot), St Albans, Essex, South London for starters.

I guess they have moved away from the area, I just read below that you are in the Luton area, so I guess you moved away from the Hendon area as well.

Fair play to them for continue their support of the club despite a move further away.

I would not give them the satfisfaction of turning me away if I turned up in a wig.

???