Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13 Oct

Originally Posted By: Jonno
I will also post the address for you to send it to on this thread.

It's in the post addressed to 'Jonno' as I don't know your real name, I saw 'our' gateman last night in the pub but didn't think to give it to him for you as he's going tonight

I saw your "gateman" at the game last night (which we won 4-0 if you hadn't heard!)

I served him half a John Smiths. Very pleasant chap. I think his name is John? Lovely fella but I'm not sure I would want to rely on him carrying out such a task.....

Yes it's Johnnie Flynn, a real diamond and he has been watching Haringey for donkeys years. Was another John there, a big chap with a limp who lives in Enfield

I was going to go to the big game at Copthall on Saturday but I now have a free ticket for a film screening so can't make it.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
(PS - Mr. Achillea is REALLY looking forward to Saturday!)

So his son hasn't got cricket practice then

Of course Mr. Bacon was there. In fact, probably the only Haringey "supporter" who wasn't there was you! (PS - Mr. Achillea is REALLY looking forward to Saturday!)

I wasn't talking about John Bacon, there's a third John who is merely a supporter and who has been watching Haringey since before you were born. I still can't believe you turned up at Lowfield last night, that's absolutely typical of you

Like I said you had numerous games to choose from last night so why did you decide on Hoddesdon v Haringey, I bet you wangled your way into the boardroom at half time and full time too

So were you in the boardroom at half time and full time, a simple yes or no will suffice

wangled?

Definitions
wangle
verb wangled, wangling
1. To contrive or obtain something by persuasiveness.
manipulate, contrive, scheme, manoeuvre, finagle, engineer, pull off.
2. To manipulate something.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
wangled?

Definitions
wangle
verb wangled, wangling
1. To contrive or obtain something by persuasiveness.
manipulate, contrive, scheme, manoeuvre, finagle, engineer, pull off.
2. To manipulate something.

Oh, I see. Sorry but I'm not familiar with the RhodesWorld dictionary. I am more used to the word wrangle and it's derivatives - wrangled and wrangling.
(PS - didn't you have a pop at the Bethnal Green Town manager on the Eton Manor forum today for not using the correct grammar?)

So in other words not at half time but at full time, no doubt to fill your boots with sausages and roast potatoes

Yes, not at half time but at full time although, even then, not intentionally. I had hung around at the end of the game as I had said I would buy Richard Howard a pint and whilst I was waiting I was invited into the boardroom by Alan Timpson. As you will doubtlessly know, it's rude not to in such circumstances.

I told you I could read you like a book, I rest my case.

Was 3praise there out of morbid curiosity.