Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

fck me....and we think we're bonkers....

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
I thought I’d better inform you all that I have resigned from the Trust Board. After recent comments I thought it would be better given some fans reaction. I don’t want any of you thinking that I have taken this decision lightly, I told the Trust Chairman, Jessica McQueen, at the first game of the season that I had been thinking of resigning anyway because of various reasons, one of those reason was that I couldn’t keep my mouth shut. If I feel passionate about something then I’ll say it and nothing will stand in my way. I feel passionate about a great deal of things, better than just going on what the general consensus is and then agreeing with that, like most of you.

The Trust does not agree with my comments and, in actual fact, is very much against them. So anyone that may have been thinking of quitting the Trust based on what I have said is just being silly. It is a pointless act to quit giving money to the trust based on what I have said. It is like not going to see the Fleet simply because I go.

Make no mistake about it though this is not an apology for my comments, they are still my opinions. The one comment I made that was naïve and that I apologise for was the one where I said that lets applaud someone who completes a War computer game. War is not a game! People die and some say they are the lucky ones. I’d hate to go to war, so I don’t sign up. I wouldn’t be able to do that as a job. I do play war games on my PS3 and that can be quite nervy, I can only imagine in real life it is about a kerbillion times worse.

However none of the objections I received about that post stated that the bit about the computer game was the bit that pissed everyone off. Most of the objections were saying that I was making light of death, err where!?!? Some said I “bet you wouldn’t go on duty in Iraq, I know I wouldn’t.” I’ve just said that I couldn’t do that job, so then I don’t sign up. I bet some people couldn’t do my job.

One post even said “So you would be prepared to say this to the face of a widow or to the children of a soldier who had just been killed in Iraq or Afghanistan?” Would you be prepared to stand in front of the victims family’s of the soldiers that were applauded? The soldiers that were applauded would have killed people, I’d like to see you stand in front of those soldiers victims families and tell them that you were willing to applaud their fathers and husbands killers.

I know they also know what they’re going into but then it is just the same thing. I know people say they are just Terrorists and they get what they deserve but you have to wonder what makes them Terrorist’s, they are not born that way. The Terrorists have the same mentality as our soldiers in that they are willing to die for what they believe. The bit where the Terrorists step out of line, and makes them different from our boys is when they decide to blow up innocent people to make a political statement. One person said that I should stop and think why our boys sign up coming from a rough background and their home life is tough. Some of you should stop and think what makes the Terrorists do what they do. I neither agree or condone it by the way but you have to think what makes a person do that.

I would like to apologise to anyone who was offended by my opinion, even if it has made them do something completely out of character and wrong.

However I reiterate my point. I was happy, for want of a better phrase, to stand silent for a minute for some people that died.

I would stand still all day long for anyone that was sent to Main Land Europe under conscription in World War One or Two. I would also clap for anyone that fought in that war defending freedom and free speech that is “apparently” granted to me today.

However anyone that has joined the army of their own free will, ie not conscription, does so off their own steam. They do the job knowing they could be killed and will probably be shot at. They do not deserve my applause or thanks as they have done nothing for me, only made the Terrorists more angry if anything.

So now the Trust has lost a very hard worker and someone that had a talent for selling and coming up with the goods time and time again. There are just about enough people to replace me but time will tell whether or not they can replace me like for like. Of course, if any of you had the time to spare to replace me and do some work then go for it. Although if you do join the Trust board you may have to give up your four pre-match pints and some Sunday afternoons during the summer. I bet most of you couldn’t do it.

I'll still go to the Fleet and can be contacted via PM so rather than make this thread another long boring one where we bat insults at each other it would be better that if you have anything to say to me then you say it either to my face or via PM.

Crikey, that's a rant and a half.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
a club in turmoil

Shall we try discussing this one without any insults this time?! wink

I don't see why that figure makes us a club in turmoil. Ninth in the league, having finished seventh last season...

Yeah, the attendance was crap... but it was against Droylsden, the kick-off was brought forward and it was on the same day as the England game and the rugby (albeit in the evening).

I'm not denying our attendances are poor for the level of football, we're probably about 250-300 shy of what we should be budgeting for... but we're not alone:

http://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/eufc/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=154

Any of the bottom 10 there are in the low attendances bracket, and some of those have had their figures swelled by local derbies and, in the case of Histon, first-season enthusiasm.

I don't think 'club in turmoil' is a statement you can honestly back up. Club with sh!t attendance, maybe.

Unless you mean HJA resigning has us in turmoil... grin ??