Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex League?

ref1

Why with so many teams that would like to join the Essex Senior League but cant because of the lack of floodlights etc does the Essex Senior League not merge in with the Olympian League and the Essex & Herts Border and create an Essex League with more divisions in it? My 'blue print for this post is the Spartan South Midlands (SSMFL) - but there are other examples like the Sussex Counnty League amongst others. As I am sure most of you know, a level 3 reserve team can compete at step 6 or below (EG Cheshunt play in SSMFL div 1).

This would give sides like Epping, Stambridge, Takeley and others the development path to progress to a Essex League 'Premier' division (subject to ground gradings etc).

They would also have a much bigger league cup giving sides like White Ensign the opportunity to compete competitively against the bigger sides on their own grounds. Please note this happens in the Spartan South Midlands League without any problems where sides like Hertford or Harefield play against div 1 and div 2 sides reguarly. What would be the problem if say Barkingside were drawn away to say Upminster in the league cup? Yes Upminster is a field, and the kick off may have to be 1.30.

The league could then slowly up the ground requirements (in the similar way to the SSMFL) of the 2nd top division (I guess this would be div 1?). Allowing sides to join the FA Cup / Vase!

Any thoughts on this guys?

The strict ground grading requirement that is in place for senior clubs , which theyve all had to address , some at the cost of thousands of pounds, means that it would be harsh and unfair letting teams with shoddy park pitches into the league .

I think you are all being short sighted on this one...

Take Epping FC. They are nearly there with ground grading for the Senior League, they just need to the push to move up and get their lights back!

Onebreast, I am not saying they would be in your division, just the league - and you may have to play them in a league cup match?

As the ESL only has one division, they would have to meet the ground requirements to come into our league.

Failing that, they would have to groundshare with another club to be in our league.

Garymo - Im sure the clubs you stated pay enough money to groundshare so they can play in our league.

End of the day, they can't go anywhere, and they know that, so they are comfortable playing in a decent standard league.

What league do Stambridge play in anyway???

Ref1 - I dont think that is a terrible idea. Would be interested to see how teams like that would compete with ESL sides. Whether the ESL sides would take it seriously or not is another question.

However, as Onebreast said, I dont think ESL sides would be interested playing teams who play on park pitches.

I dont mind teams that ground share to an extent and we all know why Beaumont were put in our league (very media savvy decision from the league) . I wouldnt be against having 3 divisions but i would say that if a team is in div 1 for instance and looking at promotion to the prem they would have to get their ground up to scratch before they can be promoted. Would give them more incentive to do it and it would be nice to see relegation dogfight at the bottom of the prem ( which inevitably would end with Hullbridge going down....hi enrico :wave:)

Ps. Afternoon Unc , loving the ramblings on the romford forum , even got a seasoned pro like MCP biting for fun !!