Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex League?

ref1

I know what a lot of you are saying above and it will be a slow process, and not a cheap one. However the Senior League needs to do something to get teams into their league. The FA are threatening to say no promotion from step 5 if the league does not have a certain amount of teams in its top division and a division below it. Note most step 5 leagues do have a league below it at step 6 where teams have to have lights etc (Ridgeons 1 for example). Then where will teams play?

Ps Hatfield Town (www.hatfieldtownfc.co.uk) play at the same level as the Essex Olympian League 1st division - not even the Premier Division! and Romford are playing them in the Vase on Saturday! Should Romford not go and play there as it is a park pitch!!! (Note Hatfield have to win the division they are in and two division above that (SSMFL 1 & Prem) to play in the Ryman League!).

By creating another division where the standard to join starts as a roped off pitch and increases each season up to FA Vase standard, you will see that teams will join and will do the neccessary to improve their grounds! Some will look to get their grounds up to senior status so they can play in the Cup & Vase etc! Others will fall back to local league football.

Sorry to bore you all, I just think the clubs in the senior league need to think about it before it is to late! The Senior League may end up being outside the league pyramid system???

...and " that" ground of Hatfield Town's is a share at Rothampstead Park in Harpenden which easily qualifies for the F A Vase so I trust that clears that little query up.

As much as I respect peoples' opinions the thoughts and views on some threads are somewhat out in respect of the criteria required for a Step 6 division, perhaps that is the reason for it taking so long to form one , but I can assure all readers that a lot of work has gone into getting this off the ground for next season and our meeting with the F A is on Thursday 25th .

There is one thing my committee definately agree on and that is this area most certainly has to have a Step 6 division to allow proper promotion and relegation to take place.

Originally Posted By: LgeChairman

There is one thing my committee definitely agree on and that is this area most certainly has to have a Step 6 division to allow proper promotion and relegation to take place.

Just make sure that you don't allow Coachie the power of veto on any aspect of that LC! grin

you put relegation into it and we'll smash to pieces every side that comes to Hullbridge grin.Actually it could be a good thing...i had enough of these friendlies,we neede to spicy up a bit.. devil

At least people are giving it some consideration now! I think this is a great idea for the Senior League. I think getting a step 6 league has got to be the way forward and I think there are a few sides outside the Olympian that may also join a step 6 Essex League! Gas Recreation and Buckhurst Hill to name two.

Message to the League Chairman - good luck with everything, it is a good step and I hope the current Senior League clubs support you in this move!