Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SML Prem & (DIV 1 aswell i guess) Goalkeepers

Sorry i'll try again.. In My opinion this is one of the most underated positions on the park.. All the way from the top through to grass roots goalkeepers are an undervalued component of a football team.. I have never understood why a world class goalkeeper is not worth as much as a world class striker.. But they just dont seem to be.. Teams dont wana pay 30 million for a keeper.. Even though surely a keeper that can make 10 world class saves in a season is worth just as much as somebody who can bang in 10 world class goals at the other end of the park.. Anyway rant over..

There is a lot of us that watch an awful lot of football on here.. Who do you think is the best GK in the SML setup.. Wether they are currently playing, injured or unattached??? There is some very good ones that i see around the bedfordshire area that i see play.. And i particularly rate Steve Young at Langford.. He is a wiley old pro.. Although wether he is the best in the SML i am not convinced... Any other thoughts??? Discuss!

Unfortunately I've not seen enough this season to comment although Fitkin for Hoddy is consistent. HTFCOne is probably one of better ones about, hows that ankle coming on?

Went to watch Camberley play in the FA Youth Cup last night. They beat Carshalton 3-0 but their keeper stopped it being 6 or 7 including one worldy save in the 2nd half that the best keeper in the land would of been proud of. He certainly had potential.

Agree with Part Time comments...Cech for me is the best about...i was lucky enough to go and see him and cudicini train at chelsea once...both were different class...in 20 minutes of shooting practice only Lampard scored !

Cheers NF I love you too...ankle coming along nicely thanks...am walking properly now and on the exercise bike...its only been 3 weeks today since the operation so i'm trying not to get carried away !

Of the keepers at this level...well...no one has stuck in my mind so far although Nick Hart at Beconsfield is a good keeper...played against him in the past

I have to give a mention to Hoddys very own Mark Foster.

Mark has been playing for Hoddesdon Town for near on 15 years now and although he had a season long break a couple of years ago and is currently No.2 to Chris Fitkin, he is one of the most reliable, agile and consistent goalkeepers I have seen in the league. When Fitkin is injured, nobody has any doubts when "Fozzy" goes between the sticks and he regular produces outstanding performances for the reserves, time after time.

We are lucky that we have two keepers at the club who are so talented when often clubs struggle to find one half decent shot stopper.

If only they were not both so injury prone this year!!!

I was interested in 'our' goalkeeper on Saturday, namely Edison Brahimi and wondered whether 3praise could throw any light on him although I appreciate he wasn't at the Copthall Stadium. He looked more suited to strutting the catwalk, David James style, and didn't catch a ball all afternoon, I'm curious to know where Haringey dug him up from as he's a far cry from Danny Wight who regularly kept 'us' in games single handed.