Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Waltham Abbey v Tilbury

Lloyd Wood is a very young referee although he's been on the scene for a few years (I remember him running the line in the ESL when he was about 15). It doesn't surprise me that a match officiated by him would end in this way although, in fairness, there appears to have been a bit of previous. Some surprising comments there, as I've watched Waltham Abbey many, many times and never seen any hint of trouble at any of their games either on or off the pitch.

Every1 must have been on gavs hard-nut pills this weekend because i was told by the ware boys saturday night that it kicked off near the changing rooms after thier fa cup game coz all the ware players were singing and banging on their door and the tonbridge players didnt like it and came out, a few were thrown but again mostly handbags!!

Cant blame the ware boys as apparently the tonbridge officials phoned ware on the way to the game asking if they had sky sports coz they wanted to see who they would get in the next round!!

Bet they felt like right pr*cks after the final whistle!

Originally Posted By: blues06
the tonbridge officials phoned ware on the way to the game asking if they had sky sports coz they wanted to see who they would get in the next round!!
Bet they felt like right pr*cks after the final whistle!

Love it! How to motivate the opposition

Hmmm, bit of history there between the players in this bit of ex-ESL world. Tilbury had a dreadful problem under Tony Cross as manager, but new management team of John Lawrence and Paul Marler would have sorted that out surely.

John Hickman is indeed a class keeper, my head and shoulders favourite at Level 5 and now at level 4. Lee Sontag is another really good player that I like very much and it must have taken something to get him that riled up, although it does seem to happen once a season with him - I remember defending him successfully 2 seasons ago at an FA disciplinary appeal.

Of course, Abbey as the home club should have stewarded the sent off players to the respective dressing rooms, pure commonsense when one goes from each side after such a fracas. That said I'm not condoning in any way the behaviour of the players, but in the heat of the moment the home club needs to be on its toes to ensure such stuff doesn't carry on.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Police get involved in this one.