Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spartan Premier Relegation 07/08

The rules for spectator accomodation may be the downfall of a few clubs.

"Development, in addition to hard standing, must be on more than one side of the ground."

"The minimum covered accommodation must be 100, of which at least 100 shall be seats located in one stand. These seats may be inclusive of Directors/Committee and press seating."

Which clubs don't currently have this?

Are these FA rules or league rules?

Jonno.. are Hoddy OK on this? I'd bet that there aren't 100 seats in the stand...

Of the teams I've seen (probably about 10-12 and mostly just the once), I think there is not a lot between most of them with possibly 2 exceptions.

Biggleswade Town better than most and London Colney the worst by far (and they beat us 1-0!!!!!).

Unless things change they will fill one of the relegation berths + one from possibly Holmer, Colney Heath or Cockfosters (hopefully not us).

NF,

Hoddy have sufficient seating I think, including the area in the stand for club officials etc.

Having said all that, since when has ground gradings ever come into anything that the League have decided upon? They let in and out of leagues who they want, regardless of whether the ground in question matches up to their own criteria!!

How many clubs can you think of that do not have paved walkways completely around their pitch, fencing around the pitch that is "filled", aka mesh infill as well as protected players walkway from the dressing rooms to the pitch? I'm not saying Lowfield is the best ground in the league, far from it but time and time again the league ignore their own rulings on ground specification.

Rant over!

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Having said all that, since when has ground gradings ever come into anything that the League have decided upon? They let in and out of leagues who they want, regardless of whether the ground in question matches up to their own criteria!!

It's not up to the league this time though. It's the FA. The Combined Counties League brought this in at the end of 05-06. As well as the bottom 2 teams Horley (5th), Westfield (11th) and Frimley Green (18th) were relegated.

"protected players walkway from the dressing rooms to the pitch?"

Brox & Holmer haven't got that.. trying to think of any others?