Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

results 3rd Nov

NOVEMBER 2007

SATURDAY 3rd

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade Town 2-5 Brimsdown Rovers

Biggleswade United 1-1 Hanwell Town

Cockfosters 1-2 Aylesbury Vale

Colney Heath 1-1 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Harefield United 0-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB

Hertford Town 2-0 Leverstock Green

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 0-3 Chalfont St Peter

London Colney 1-4 St Margaretsbury

Oxhey Jets 1-2 Tring Athletic

Ruislip Manor 1-6 Langford

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP

SECOND ROUND

Amersham Town TBA New Windsor OB

Aston Clinton 7-1 Thornborough Athletic

Aston Park 2-3 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Eton Wick TBA Holmer Green Res

Mursley United 0-8 Stony Stratford Town

New Bradwell St Peter 7-2 Grendon Rangers

PB (Milton Keynes) 8-1 Old Bradwell United

Winslow United 0-4 Olney Town

DIVISION ONE

Arlesey Athletic 3-1 Brache Sparta

Haringey Borough 3-2 Cranfield United

Harpenden Town 2-0 Bedford Town Reserves

Hoddesdon Town 0-2 Cheshunt Reserves

Kentish Town 2-2 Buckingham Athletic

Sport London e Benfica 2-1 Ampthill Town

Sun Postal Sports 1-0 Bedford

CHALLENGE TROPHY SECOND ROUND

The 61 FC (Luton) 2-0 Royston Town

Totternhoe 0-6 Holmer Green

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 1-0 Kent Athletic

Crawley Green 2-1 Caddington

Markyate 0-9 Tring Corinthians

Padbury United 2-3 Kings Langley

Pretty awful performance defensively by us really. Langford had perhaps nine good chances and scored six of them (five of which were by unmarked players within the six yard box). We didn't deserve anything out the game but did hit the woodwork twice, their keeper made two fantastic saves and our forward miskicked in front of a gaping net three yards out. If we had scored first in the second half to make it 2-3 it might have been interesting.

I think its could be a long painful winter for us...based on this display.

Hertford finished the game with 9 men, Kevin Cooper in goal and yet another injured keeper. Draper was sent of 10 minutes before half time with the score at 0-0. 5 minutes before the end, Lee Robinson had to go off injured and we'd already used 3 subs.

A thoroughly deserved win for Cheshunt reserves today. We were poor from the off and didnt help ourselves when Aaron Tourlamain got sent off early in the first half.

Well done to Justin and his young side today. The better team won it! Bring on KTFC on Tuesday for the backlash!! (I hope!!!)

There was a big debate in the clubhouse after the game.

I made a note in my match report that the ref had no choice and I would have sent Aaron off myself had I been reffing it.

Aaron completely refutes that and said he did not raise his elbows and neither did he make contact. If Aaron says thats the case, then I believe him but I stand by the fact that if I was the ref, I would have sent him off, simple as that.

Not a popular opinion (particulalrly with Aaron!!) but that's the truth.

Dibble and Scaff, did you think your first goal was offside? Our back 4 said it was but I was not in a posistion to see as I was in the far end of the stand today.

no it was onside,by about a yard. 18 year old danny phillips' pace might have made him look offside, but no we had the same accusations from rhodes about offsides when we drubbed them 4-2.

My son was the recipient of the elbow and he has the swollen cheekbone as a momento and he said aaron glanced at him to see where he was as the ball was in the air...then caught him flush! had to be a red!

I heard people say afterwards that Brimmo outshone us in every department, but that simply isn't true. We certainly had the cutting edge in the warm up with our kit looking much nicer than theirs. We gave an absolute masterclass of keepball during the interval and we were by far and a way quickest out of the (shower) stalls post match.

Apart from that they were sublime and we let them be. 4-0 down at half time (the first being an horrendous cockup at the back that literally gift wrapped them the lead on 5 minutes) and their job was seemingly done. First half we let them play to their strengths and ignored their weakness (at the back). Up front they are pretty bloody excellent with that pace and Mervs experience, but despite doing all the homework on Brimmo we ignored it and plodded into the match without a seeming care for that knowledge.

Half time change from us (now looking more like the starting line up should have - but hey ho I've covered that one already) and they took their foot off the pedal. We dragged 2 goals back and missed a hatfull of gilt edged chances. Whilst pressing hard for another they shoved in the 5th right on full time from a breakaway.

A pity that we let ourselves down (across the pitch) so badly today in the first 45. Take nothing away from them though, Merv led them superbly and they gratefully took what we handed to them on a plate. Well done Brimmo, you thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Our young and eager team are learning very hard lessons.

Dibble, Aaron was saying that someone on your bench was going mental, shouting "IM CALLING THE POLICE!! IM CALLING POLICE!!"

I take it that was you! A red card, easily, but GBH is a little strong!

Parents on the touchline....tut....nightmare.....haha! Only jokin!

As a slight bone of contention though Dibble, the ref waved away the Cheshunt players and benches calls for a red card at first. He was clearly heard shouting "no, no it's only a yellow" but then I think after he heard you getting on the blower to the cop shop, he decided to give a red. Consider yaself the 12th man!

Seriously though, aside from the contentious issues, I thought it was a bloody good game, involving 2 hard working sides at least trying to play football. Not like some of merchants we've faced this season!

Brimo's money, Brimo never had any money! That's an interesting theory you have there though. If our players played for money then they wouldn't ever have played for us thats a fact.

The prem is definitely wide open this season and the coming weeks will see if anyone can take a grip at the top.

A good win for Sun today takes us off the bottom of the table (and a clean sheet!!) Managed to get a couple of players back & playing. Scoreline should have been 3 or 4 nil at least, but we created a lot against a Bedford side who I thought would offer more. I think they had a few on loan from Hitchin but only their right winger looked dangerous.