Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

cheesey chips and strong irish tea....

Uncle Urchin

not much can be said really except same as same as from saturday...all the possession to the urchins but little thrust in midfield or up front and when joe keith tried to place the penalty and fluffed it I knew the writing was on the wall...it gave the home side a massive lift and with krissy lee injured in the 5th minute and limping throughout the game it was really down to the midfield to gain a grip on the match and work harry through for goals but it didn't work out that way...shane played well again as did tommo and harry ran and ran but to no avail......two well taken northwood goals against.. it has to be said... sloppy defending and the game all but over until kris hobbled through and squeezed a left foot in at the near post....a dej a vu penalty incident in the same goalmouth as the wealdstone game was weird and after a bit of huffing and puffing.. out we went... frown

half time cuisine well worth the visit tho'... cheeseburger

but no excuses and well done to northwood..... the patched up urchins did their best against a very mobile and well motivated home team so congrats to them and I hope they enjoy and benefit from their day out at the wombles.....nice people and in need of a good break...

we need to now recouperate....get our first team players fit....regroup and get ready for a long old season and a push for a play off place...

well done colin and the lads... applause

Do good bacon rolls there as well!!

Wasn't there, but totally agree with unc's last sentiment.

Cup games are great, and lucrative (at times) but let's not forget why were here, league

Is, and should always be the priority. Although it's strong, on our day we can do anyone in it. So let's start Saturday with a result against wombledon! Don't lose the faith, the boys need us!

Just got back from the game as per the last 4-5 games the mid-field was yet again non-existant!!

Can somebody please tell me what Donny Barnard adds to the team?? Yet again a useless performance!!!!!

Badly in need Richie Godard back to marshall the defence and Janners to add some quality in the midfield.

Best player on the pitch Danny Glozier always giving 100%...

I picked up from your stalker type reply to nette on the isthmian that you were there...pity you didn't introduce yourself and speak to me....I always find that real personas are much more enlightening than forum ones...

surprised also that you could even smell aftershave given the amount of fags grant and I smoke but no matter.... coolsmoke

the best team won on the night and the incidents only highlight the ups and downs of the effect that officials have on games but it does level out in a season....

look after northwood when they come as they are nice people (apart from the serial drunk known as black douglas beer2) and don't fiddle the gate...they need a break... devilgrin

In all honesty, I'm sorry I didn't stand up and introduced myself. I am normally much more talkative than I was tonight.

With your 7 first team players out you were certain to suffer on the field.

I thought that your side was very young and lacked a leader in the middle.

As I said, it would have been a different match had you converted that penalty.

In any case, I'll introduce myself on Saturday. Will you be in the prawn cocktail lounge or amongst the masses in the Kingston End?

Mind you, I might even point you who our leader (Old Isthmian) is! LOL

Braz

I don't do boardrooms as you probably saw tonight....(well only for an executive pee if its nearer)....

look forward to meeting you on saturday...(you know me and not I you so you'll have to come over and drag the old commie with you grin)...in fact I might even come and stand with your lot as I did in the shed at sudbury... cheerleader

the pen miss was the pivot tonight and I am disappointed but when all said and done its only a game of football and we'll be up there come the end of the season....I know some of your lot think the last days game is a heffalump but I have a feeling it could be massive unless you can catch chelmo which I doubt...

anyway......

it was channel.....and dunhill international... cool

Originally Posted By: Little Lee
this teams lacks leaders full stop. Purdie is only the captain because he is in his late thirties. A very quiet team on the pitch.

don't be too disappointed little lee.....we had a great season last year and we shall do well this year...one loss does not a season break.....colin is a good manager and will sort out his injury problems and the team will bounce back...keep the faith kiddo... yay

I'll definitely introduce myself and ask OI if he wishes to do the same.

There are some of us whom you don't want to know. Trust me on this one. I know them.

Would you came and stand on the Tempest End, behind the goal, where the thick of our support will be standing? You are a braver man than I imagined.

Originally Posted By: Brazilian Don
I'll definitely introduce myself and ask OI if he wishes to do the same.

There are some of us whom you don't want to know. Trust me on this one. I know them.

Would you came and stand on the Tempest End, behind the goal, where the thick of our support will be standing? You are a braver man than I imagined.

thats a bit sad really but I understand your point...

I wouldn't hesitate to come and banter with your guys but probably would not be allowed to anyway but if you have that kind of support at kingsmeadow then you need to think again....in my experience having played at all levels and managed at lower and owned clubs... the gobshites never say fck all when you meet them face to face...

anyway I never travel without 15 essex gangsters...a wig and a pair of sunglasses.... brille008

Originally Posted By: Little Lee
Thank You... Even with the team back to full strength I still feel the midfield is our weak link. Do you not agree? I agree Colin McB is a good manager even if he has a blind spot for donny barnar

you must trust me here...colin doesn't have blind spots...what we see he sees but he will remain loyal to his players until the last degree and thats why they play for him and thats why he has been so successful.....we have played 18 games and lost 5.....not so catastrophic really....yes....I am disappointed tonight as I was in the FA Cup game...we all are/were...as was the gaffer and all of his gang.......colin will do what he has to do but he won't make rash decisions based on one or two results....thats the difference between being a fan and a manager.....

his jobs harder than ours... grin

Originally Posted By: Brazilian Don
I am regretting more and more not to have introduced myself now.

I'm going soft in may late years.

BTW, nice wheels.

Believe me, I'm not stalking. It's just that I almost have your tyre threads on my shoes ;-)

a right..I think I have got you now...walking down the lane with another guy as I drove out....I did see you and slowed right down although it is a suicide alley.....no probs....I shall be there on saturday and look forward to meeting a few forum names....its a pity you lot don't come over here more often as it lends itself more to banter and understanding of what is actually being said than the hit and rush boards....
dark3