Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

cheesey chips and strong irish tea....

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: Little Lee
From what i have noticed over the two games, Northwoods No5 and No10 would improve our 1st 11 - what do you think!!!!????? Get the cheque bok out Mr Chirman..... drinkies

don't agree but respect your opinion LL.....the young guns from northwood earned and deserve their day at kingsmeadow but I have often seen players up for big games that cannot do it all season....northwood are 17 in div one north...no disrespect to them but if their players were good enough at our level on a season long basis they would not be where they are....

just my opinion.... smile

Originally Posted By: Little Lee
Will agree to dis-agree... bigcry Under your theory no player in a lower league would be good enough for Hornchurch????? Baring in mind that these 2 particular players have younth on there side????? And this assessment was made over the pasr 2 games giveup .....

not my theory LL but a view based on years of experience....

no matter... we shall agree to differ but get on with supporting our team next time out and well done for making the effort tonight on the long journey.... applause

see ya saturday...

We lost a game we should have won!

Penalty miss aside we dominted the first half..but did not score.

Second half they seemed to want it more than we did and once they

scored it was down hill.

Only after they got a second did the team come alive.

Urchin support was very good throughout....but the team have to give us something to cheer!

This is Colin's season.

Also please can I ask if the forum is kept to comments from people who actually have somthing to say. As the initial comments from Yellow,Diz and Brazilion Don all seem to be from people who where not at the game! And latter added to by Little ?

I realise that if this policy was adhered to then Richardtheturd would not be able to contribute at all. But this is a price I am prepared to pay.

Originally Posted By: Lurchin Urchin
Also please can I ask if the forum is kept to comments from people who actually have somthing to say. As the initial comments from Yellow,Diz and Brazilion Don all seem to be from people who where not at the game!

Oooops. Spoke too soon mate. I was there, next to UU. Terry Brown, AFCW manager and Dave Anderson, AFCW former manager and current St Albans manager to my left.

How else could I comment on your stonewall penalty that the ref bottled to call (unlikely to give you 2 penalties in one game) and the soft way that your player took the 1st half penalty which ultimately cost you the game?

An apology would be welcome.

Originally Posted By: Brazilian Don
Originally Posted By: Lurchin Urchin
Also please can I ask if the forum is kept to comments from people who actually have somthing to say. As the initial comments from Yellow,Diz and Brazilion Don all seem to be from people who where not at the game!

Oooops. Spoke too soon mate. I was there, next to UU. Terry Brown, AFCW manager and Dave Anderson, AFCW former manager and current St Albans manager to my left.

How else could I comment on your stonewall penalty that the ref bottled to call (unlikely to give you 2 penalties in one game) and the soft way that your player took the 1st half penalty which ultimately cost you the game?

An apology would be welcome.

No problem I apolagise to you....but I got two out of three correct!

David was a potentially good player, potentially. For me, he was a little lightweight and not 100% committed to the cause, but he would be useful right now in our injury crisis!

The Northwood 10 had some lovely touches, the 5 was sturdy and may become a good player, but neither are Prem standard. Our lads are, but too many are playing out of position hence the erratic showings of late.

I'm rather looking forward to Wombledon, I made the stupid mistake of walking through the main bank of supporters last season with my urchins scarf on and without my skills of negotiation would probably have been thumped. Saying that, the scarf was red, the dons were playing and losing to Hampton, so perhaps one could say, it was my own silly fault....almost.

Well, I've never drank anywhere else other than at the bars on the ground. We have two bars with projector/large screens and live football open every match to both sets of supporters. I've never seen problem in the bars (even when less charming supporters sing MK Dons songs).

The bars serve guest ales (we recently had Marstons Pedigree) and Kronenbourg/Fosters/Guinness on tap.

People talk about a Pub outside Norbiton Station but you will be a good 15 minute walk from the ground.

My suggestion would be to pop down to a very good greasy spoon aptly named Fat Boys on Kingston Road, just before you reach the ground (coming from Norbiton)and then hit the bars at TCRRFS by 12:00.

There's a good chippie just outside the ground as well.

Hope you enjoy your visit and the atmosphere. We should have over 2,000 on the ground (around 2,600 attendance according to our reporting practices).

Originally Posted By: Brazilian Don
Well, I've never drank anywhere else other than at the bars on the ground. We have two bars with projector/large screens and live football open every match to both sets of supporters. I've never seen problem in the bars (even when less charming supporters sing MK Dons songs).

The bars serve guest ales (we recently had Marstons Pedigree) and Kronenbourg/Fosters/Guinness on tap.

People talk about a Pub outside Norbiton Station but you will be a good 15 minute walk from the ground.

My suggestion would be to pop down to a very good greasy spoon aptly named Fat Boys on Kingston Road, just before you reach the ground (coming from Norbiton)and then hit the bars at TCRRFS by 12:00.

There's a good chippie just outside the ground as well.

Hope you enjoy your visit and the atmosphere. We should have over 2,000 on the ground (around 2,600 attendance according to our reporting practices).

he he...this lot will be drinking from 9am BD and be banging on the doors at KM by midday..... beer cheeseburger

but to more important things....I shall be in the vintage bentley on saturday so can you organise a parking space next to the executive lounge and a steward to keep the rif raf away from it......

many thanx.... grin