Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's going on ?

OldTowner

What's going on, with the Football Management ?

To be honest I cannot recall how may "assistants" Stewart Margolis has had so far but I see from the web site that Steve Browne has now joined from Potters Bar as our NEW Assistant.

Welcome Steve and good luck.

Just how many assistants do we have ?

Who is the guy that has been in the dug out for the last month or so ?

Is Mike Smee still involved ? last home programme notes him as Club Coach. Is he ONLY doing Youth now ?

At this level of football do we need assistants or is it all a cover to suport SM in his Managers Role which in my opinion, he is not up to ?

Do we now expect an influx of more new players which Steve Brown will introduce ?

Can't wait to hear all the answers.

Me.....surely not.

Actually, Steve Browne only left Potters Bar on Sunday.

He has been Manager at PB for 18 months and recently - as we know first hand - has been on a winning run. However, there were a few comments about problems there when we played them.

From an experience point of view at this level, Steve Browne would appear to be much "more experienced" than SM having been Manager of several good non League sides including Dover and worked with Graham Roberts at Chesham !

Was this a SM or Board appointment ?

Read into that what you like.

Originally Posted By: Steph
Now stop stirring MK

It ill becomes you.

I'm sorry. I just went out to the shopfloor, got off the forktruck and sprained my ankle. Instant karma. ezicon

I wouldn't accept red seats either. They have to be blue, white or at the very least yellow.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
What's going on, with the Football Management ?

To be honest I cannot recall how may "assistants" Stewart Margolis has had so far but I see from the web site that Steve Browne has now joined from Potters Bar as our NEW Assistant.

Welcome Steve and good luck.

Just how many assistants do we have ?
Who is the guy that has been in the dug out for the last month or so ?

Is Mike Smee still involved ? last home programme notes him as Club Coach. Is he ONLY doing Youth now ?

At this level of football do we need assistants or is it all a cover to suport SM in his Managers Role which in my opinion, he is not up to ?

Do we now expect an influx of more new players which Steve Brown will introduce ?

Can't wait to hear all the answers.

I wont disappoint you OT, here's my answer.

First and foremost, is the security of our club, the board have stated we need to raise approx

From the Welwyn & Hatfield Times:

JUST days after quitting as the boss of Potters Bar Town FC, Steve Browne has sensationally been announced as the new assistant manager at arch-rivals Enfield Town.

Browne walked out of The Scholars on Sunday, citing "personal, financial and business reasons" for his exit.

But today (Thursday) he was revealed as number two to Stewart Margolis at Potters Bar's fellow Ryman League Division One North outfit.

Fears are now growing that his exit will lead to an exodus from Parkfield, as some players could choose to follow Browne to Goldsdown Road.

Steve Browne would appear to have a great track record at this level and the next step higher, working at some good Clubs.

Looks like a great signing for Town.

It just seems a "little strange" that a Manager of his quality would step down to become an Assistant to SM, who is nowhere near to Browne as far as his cv goes !!

All very interesting don't you think.

Would be interested to know who made the appointment.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Well, for all the comments by some readers on here about "not the right time for a change in Manager" Potters Bar and Ware make changes to their Management.

Pushed or Jumped - not the point.

2 good Guys -
Surely now wanting a First Team Management position somewhere ? ?

Who knows OT?

Football is fickle and loyalty is rare. At least SM is seeking help and better back up with people identified as experienced at this level. Lets see what the next 4 games before the new year bring in.

In previous posts I called for 15 points out of 21, we ave since lost one drawn one and won one, a good run now would open up or renew optimism.