Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's going on ?

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: Jim Cunneen
Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Club of our size?????? cope with 3/4 absentees?????? of course its gonna effect us. Liverpool struggle when Gerrard and Torres are missing and they are one of the richest in the world. Our little club can ill afford to be missing 3/4 key players.

It'll be 6 lanes by the way so another exageration by you.

You will need to ask someone from the board with regards to the plans of terracing and costs etc. But hey, so what if the new place is as basic as it can be to start off with, with a gradual development season by season. However hearing Mr Chaimans info, we'll be kicking off with at least a Conference South standard stadium, I believe him, he knows more than you and me of whats going on, so soory to irritate you again, but i'm fully looking forward to the initial 400+ folks attending and us watching our team our very own home with my blinkers on or without..

AHhummm Gerrard & Torres ? Whats that got to do with us We aint Liverpool!! Just take a look at the other teams in this league and the dross thats in it Dont you think we should be better than this standard? OK you have me on the 8 to 6 lanes but whooooo 4foot of track gained brings us alot closer to the action Big Deal . As far as the board are concerned they only tell you what they want you to know anyway whether your a member or not . Conference South stadium ? I think not or at least not for a few years . I congratulate you on harping up the clubs profile, perhaps you could be the P R officer I'll bet the Inner circle would roll out the red carpet for you E U Just think you could be chief excuse maker when we lose against crap opposition . Just because we have a Stadium or be it shared with athletics clubs doesnt mean we'll be in the conference . How many clubs do you see with their own grounds and struggling ......Alot more than there should be and some alot bigger than us.

you really are a complete [****!!****]!!

Say what you mean Jim, say what you mean! evil

But beware FJ the forum terminator may be after you!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Well done to the board for taking most of the concerns of the fans into account in their plans, and for the hard work they have put in securing the QE,plus their continued work in the aim of making it a viable home for the club.

Ok,none of us wanted a running track,but the fact remains that with the politcal situation as it is,we would have failed in our bid to secure the site solely as a football stadium.So the board needed to compromise in order to secure the site for our club..And maybe there is a small bonus in sharing facilites with the council..ie.they can share the long term costs of repair and maintanance.

So in summary,not an ideal situation,but if the proposals to bring the track nearer the stand are accepted.If the track is changed to six lanes and if the stands behind the goals are placed inside the track.etc..then the result will be far preferable to a long term future at Goldsdown Road.

On that note..The plans mention nothing about taking the seats with us to the QE.Only the standing terracing..I suppose this will make Brimsdowns more viable to lease out to a third party club,and thus bring in valubale revenue for both us and Brimsdown SSC.But those who payed for their name to go on the seats won't be too happy..Can the name plaques be transfered to the QE? Also i trust the seats will be blue in the QE's mainstand when finished? Rather than the current red colour scheme??

The members were told at the members meeting but still nothing to stop you raising some money and deciding what colour YOU want the seats to be.

Existing seats at QE Stadium are RED and in a poor condition.

I understood that these would all be replaced - I assume BLUE.

Maybe the ones at Brimo could be moved - with name sponsor info - plus more new ones and more new ones then installed at Brimo.

Bearing in mind the vast amount of work that has to be done around the Stadium, this would seem a fairly minor / easy item to deal with.

Originally Posted By: Cookie Monster
All the members were told about what was happening to the seats and after all they're the one's that are entitled to the information.

I must admit that Lovely Stuff's logic that the stands will be going to the QE stadium but the seats will be left at Brimsdown is pure genius!

Exactly what would they put the seats in?

NO..I said that the standing terrace would go to the QE .With the seats (and the stand they are housed in) remaining at Brimo.

I trust ALL members were informed of the seating situtaion,rather than just those members who made it to the meeting???