Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

Championship Manager 2010

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Anyone else downloaded and played the demo? You can now legitimately manage Canvey in the Ryman Prem for the coming season.

Had a quick look yesterday, the Squad is a bit out of date, (no new signings, still have Dave Lee, etc.) But hopefully this will be resolved before it's release on 11th September.

Personally, I still fancy the Football Manager series, which although comes out a month later on 30th October, looks like it runs a lot smoother than CM2010.

Not sure if the FM series are creating the lower leagues as managable, but to be honest I'm not that fussed. FM2009 was a quality installment that I'm still playing now, so I'm looking forward to FM2010 more, (although CM2010 is about

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
As far as I know, I don't think the Ryman League will be managable on FM2010.

I do the stats and research for Canvey on FM so although I will probably buy Championship Manager, my allegance will be with FM.

FM looks better and runs smoother than CM. Also I don't think CM has individual researchers for each club like FM has so the stats won't probably be as accurate.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
TBH I rele cant understand why FM asks people to give them stats on their clubs yet you cant manage them legitimately apart from swapping teams on the editor.

Also dont the creaters of this Sponsor AFC Wimbledon aswell.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Sports Interactive do/did sponsor AFCW, that's why they use them on their screenshots.

One thing I like on this new CM even though it's only minor is that the game plays like real-time. If you leave the news screen for a few minutes, news filters through like emails every few seconds rather than having to hit the continue button everytime.

FM2010 on the other hand have introduced a Create-A-Competition scenario where in effect you could create the Isthmian league to introduce into the database. Not sure how long that would take to set-up though, I would imagine it would just involve picking which teams are in it and where it fits into the football pyramid.

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !
I think all clubs have had to send up to date squads in.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
computer nerds wink

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

FM2010 on the other hand have introduced a Create-A-Competition scenario where in effect you could create the Isthmian league to introduce into the database. Not sure how long that would take to set-up though, I would imagine it would just involve picking which teams are in it and where it fits into the football pyramid.

From what I've heard Matt, you can activate the Isthmian League, Southern League etc to play in your game so won't have to create new leagues.

Those divisions are on the game already but are hidden but using the editor you can activate them and play with any of the teams in that competition.

Will find out for definite for you but this was the impression I got from reading the SI forum.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

From what I've heard Matt, you can activate the Isthmian League, Southern League etc to play in your game so won't have to create new leagues.

Those divisions are on the game already but are hidden but using the editor you can activate them and play with any of the teams in that competition.

Will find out for definite for you but this was the impression I got from reading the SI forum.

Hope this is true. Have to say championship manager used to be pretty decent from what i can remember mostly play FM now and IMO the best championship manager has to be my favourite the 01/02 season

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I am tempted to buy the new CM for the novelty of playing the Ryman League, though think I might revert to FM once I get bored wink

offline canveyspur

canveyspur
  • Reserves
I read today CM are offering thier game on the internet, you pay whatever you want as long as its above 1p, you then have to download it from there website on the day it is released.

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
Originally Posted By: canveyspur
I read today CM are offering thier game on the internet, you pay whatever you want as long as its above 1p, you then have to download it from there website on the day it is released.

http://play.tm/news/...ice-of-cm-2010/

offline Urchin_Rat_Man

Urchin_Rat_Man
  • First XI - Permanent
Why buy the new one. Championship Manager 01/02 is by far the greatest football management game in history. You can also download updates from the CM01/02 website for free.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
A clever move by Eidos to try and get the Football Manager fans playing their game instead, will have to see how it goes...I'll definitely be having one though and guiding Canvey to the dizzy heights of the Blue Square South before leaving to take over the reigns of the mighty Thurrock...

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
A clever move by Eidos to try and get the Football Manager fans playing their game instead, will have to see how it goes...I'll definitely be having one though and guiding Canvey to the dizzy heights of the Blue Square South before leaving to take over the reigns of the mighty Thurrock...

haha the mighty Thurrock

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: Urchin_Rat_Man
Why buy the new one. Championship Manager 01/02 is by far the greatest football management game in history. You can also download updates from the CM01/02 website for free.

Have to agree Dan I still play that game today and will deffo play it more now you get updates for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus