Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sutton Vs Canvey Island

It's gonna be a tough game this one, but I can't wait for it! :D

Every game from now until the end of the season are going to be tough games and going by the table this should be the toughest of the lot! The lads have got to keep their workrate going for the whole 90 minutes, Jolly wont allow the defence a seconds rest and tomorrow will be about taking our chances because there wont be many!!!!!

COME ON YOU YYYYEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

And for the incredible Yellow Army, just keep up your incredible workrate as well, be loud, supportive and your usual witty selves and show everyone why we are the BEST in the whole league!!!!!

YELLOW ARMY!! YELLOW ARMY!! YELLOW ARMY!!

I'm gonna say it - I think we're gonna win it! Sure it's going to be tough, but if two bob teams like AFC Hornchurch can hold them to a draw then surely we can go one better!! ;)

I'm gonna go 2-1 to us, losing 1-0 at half time with Rhodesy & Kingy scoring in the last 20 minutes.

I'm gonna say it - I think we're gonna win it! Sure it's going to be tough, but if two bob teams like AFC Hornchurch can hold them to a draw then surely we can go one better!! ;)

I'm gonna go 2-1 to us, losing 1-0 at half time with Rhodesy & Kingy scoring in the last 20 minutes.

Comment Noted!!!

Few Quotes from the Futton forum

Credit to Canvey - their fans came, made noise, supported their team, stayed at the end and applauded their team (rightly so as well). Compared to some idiots we've seen this season, Canvey fans were a credit to their club.

714 is a terriffic crowd considering the England game was on. Huge credit to Canvey's away support who were very vocal throughout and supported their team to the end - Well done people.

Yellow Army clearly making a statement. The support was again brilliant and will be again on Monday Night!!

There's one thing for sure - if there was a league table for support in this division, we'd be champions already! The Sutton fans seemed strangley subdued considering they were taking a massive step towards taking the title, but luckily the Yellow Army were about to create a bit of atmosphere!

The game itself was one I don't mind losing. They were the better team, and we wasted the chances we did get with some poor finishing. I was a bit disappointed in that we could have done more defensively for both goals, but they were well taken by two of the best strikers in this league.

When you look at the results from yesterday, the damage done to our playoff hopes was very minimal:

Billericay lost, Concord drew, Cray lost, Kingstonian lost, Lowestoft drew, Hornchurch drew, Wealdstone lost.

The only winners were Harrow Borough, Bury Town, and Tonbridge Angels, so it's all still to play for!

Come on You Yellows!

Wasn't too dissapointed with our performance. Although the goals we conceded were a bit sloppy, defensively we looked OK and Michael Alaile I thought had an excellent game winning everything in the air and making a number of good tackles.

I thought at times we didn't keep the ball too well and were guilty of a bit of sloppyness in possesion at times but in fairness Sutton's midfield was very quick to close us down and stop us playing our normal passing game.

Was a little bit dissapointed we didn't put them under more pressure after they scored their first goal. It was a fairly comfortable last 25 minutes for them and we didn't really test their keeper and defence enough.

Saying that Sutton are a decent side and few sides have been able to go to Gander Green Lane this season and get anything (which makes their defeat to lowly Alton in the FA Cup seem the more bizarre)

Tricky game tomorrow against a Hendon side who are always difficult opponents especially at their place.