Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 24th March (Fixtures and Results)

Ampthill town 4 London lions 4

We certainly have been entertained this season, who would have believed that we would have got anything from this game with 10 minutes to go, trailing 4 - 1, unbelieveable stuff. Two wins in the next 2 games at home is a must. One thing for sure is this Ampthill team can never be written off.

PREMIER DIVISION

1-3 Tring Athletic v Broxbourne Borough V&E

Tring Army - What happened on Saturday:

http://www.tafc.co.u...fixture_id=1792

I know as much as is on the report. I was at Totternhoe 3-2 Winslow which puts a big dent in Winslow's bid for promotion as they have to finish in the top 5

Ampthill town 4 London lions 4

We certainly have been entertained this season, who would have believed that we would have got anything from this game with 10 minutes to go, trailing 4 - 1, unbelieveable stuff. Two wins in the next 2 games at home is a must. One thing for sure is this Ampthill team can never be written off.

Not a game for those with a dodgy ticker LOL.

PREMIER DIVISION

I know as much as is on the report. I was at Totternhoe 3-2 Winslow which puts a big dent in Winslow's bid for promotion as they have to finish in the top 5

Just hasn't clicked this season never seemed to recover from poor result against Buck town in vase. Plenty of talent in squad just seem to have lacked a ruthless streak. Top 5???? We finished 4th last year and were told it has to be 3rd an above. Performances haven't merited a promotion this year. But a young gaffer young squad good youth teams coming through so a matter of when not if for higher football. Shame we didnt carry form from early case games, outplaying to very good step 5 sides.

Not a game for those with a dodgy ticker LOL

Ref Off Ref - I'm assuming that your lad didn't play

PREMIER DIVISION

A-A Holmer Green v Berkhamsted

A sad end to the proceedings, I'm sure we all wish Gary Finch a speedy recovery:

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

My lad let 4 in Saturday and saw another two efforts cleared off the line without making a single save all game.....North Bucks Intermediate for him next season LOL

Really, man of the match for not making a save all game and letting four goals in!

Whilst naturally wishing Fabrice Muamba well for a speedy recovery I was quite surprised the Tottenham v Bolton FA Cup tie was called off by Howard Webb on Saturday, what do members think.

PREMIER DIVISION

A-A Holmer Green v Berkhamsted

A sad end to the proceedings, I'm sure we all wish Gary Finch a speedy recovery:

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

A bit two-face, Rhodes.

PREMIER DIVISION

Just hasn't clicked this season never seemed to recover from poor result against Buck town in vase. Plenty of talent in squad just seem to have lacked a ruthless streak. Top 5???? We finished 4th last year and were told it has to be 3rd an above. Performances haven't merited a promotion this year. But a young gaffer young squad good youth teams coming through so a matter of when not if for higher football. Shame we didnt carry form from early case games, outplaying to very good step 5 sides.

There was something in the League minutes recently also think I saw something elsewhere (Now found it with link & the text I remembered) that now promotion could be granted down to the 5th club. Perhaps Padbury were allocated the Div 2 promotion place last season & it was too late to change it to Winslow by the time they ran out of options for a new ground

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=375200;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

"The rules regarding the movement of clubs from Step 7 up to Step 6 are as follows.

Clubs wishing to be considered for promotion from Step 7 must advise the appropriate Step 6 league of their interest by 31 December 2011. They should also advise their current league at the same time.

In order to be promoted, clubs must finish in ‘top’ position in their Step 7 league. If the club finishing in top position does not wish to be promoted or fails to meet the entry criteria, then the club finishing in 2nd position will be eligible for promotion. If the club in 2nd position does not seek promotion or fails to meet the entry criteria, then clubs down to 5th position may be considered for promotion, provided that they meet the appropriate entry criteria. This was agreed by the Leagues Committee at a recent meeting and will be incorporated into the Regulations.

Clubs finishing below 5th position will not be considered for promotion and ONLY ONE club will be considered from each league.

In order to be considered for promotion clubs must be in possession of Ground Grading Category H (which can be found at http://www.thefa.com...m/GroundGrading) by 31 March 2012.

Step 7 leagues are requested to notify their member clubs of these arrangements as soon as possible. We will require Steps 5/6 leagues to provide us with a list of those clubs that have applied by 13 January 2012. Any clubs not listed WILL NOT BE considered for promotion."

Edited by tringarmy

PREMIER DIVISION

There was something in the League minutes recently also think I saw something elsewhere (Now found it with link & the text I remembered) that now promotion could be granted down to the 5th club. Perhaps Padbury were allocated the Div 2 promotion place last season & it was too late to change it to Winslow by the time they ran out of options for a new ground

http://www.nonleague...y;so=ASC;mh=25;

"The rules regarding the movement of clubs from Step 7 up to Step 6 are as follows.

Clubs wishing to be considered for promotion from Step 7 must advise the appropriate Step 6 league of their interest by 31 December 2011. They should also advise their current league at the same time.

In order to be promoted, clubs must finish in ‘top’ position in their Step 7 league. If the club finishing in top position does not wish to be promoted or fails to meet the entry criteria, then the club finishing in 2nd position will be eligible for promotion. If the club in 2nd position does not seek promotion or fails to meet the entry criteria, then clubs down to 5th position may be considered for promotion, provided that they meet the appropriate entry criteria. This was agreed by the Leagues Committee at a recent meeting and will be incorporated into the Regulations.

Clubs finishing below 5th position will not be considered for promotion and ONLY ONE club will be considered from each league.

In order to be considered for promotion clubs must be in possession of Ground Grading Category H (which can be found at http://www.thefa.com...m/GroundGrading) by 31 March 2012.

Step 7 leagues are requested to notify their member clubs of these arrangements as soon as possible. We will require Steps 5/6 leagues to provide us with a list of those clubs that have applied by 13 January 2012. Any clubs not listed WILL NOT BE considered for promotion."

Looks a tough task for Winslow to get 5th with only 6 games left.

Agreed. Considering we felt we had more than enough to win the div. It's a funny old game. Players need to ask themselves some questions I reckon.time is on our side anyway. Rome wasn't built in a day lol

If indeed the "down to 5th place" scenario applies internally to the SSML, it would only come into play if the clubs finishing first/second didn't have the ground grading or didn't go up for some other reason.

If indeed the "down to 5th place" scenario applies internally to the SSML, it would only come into play if the clubs finishing first/second didn't have the ground grading or didn't go up for some other reason.

Who wants to go up in 5th really? Be a bit hollow although I'd take it of course. Think we are only team able to go up. Not far from getting our FA Chartered status now. Heard we may Look to go Hellenic....don't take that as gospel just something that I heard and have thought myself

Heard we may Look to go Hellenic....don't take that as gospel just something that I heard and have thought myself

If that turns out to be the case then it would be a shame if the SSML lost Winslow United

Heard we may Look to go Hellenic....don't take that as gospel just something that I heard and have thought myself

If that turns out to be the case then it would be a shame if the SSML lost Winslow United

Totally agree with Rhodes on that, nice club, good facilities, far too good for step 7, be a shame if you went

It won't be any easier there lol

Just something I heard, it's a good league, very tough but we put two of the better Prem sides to the sword when we were actually turning up earlier this season and Damo could prob bring in a fair few more quality players who just dont want to play in this div 2. I feel like we should never have been in this div anyway.....but that is now an old story.

:shocked: