Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 3rd April and Wednesday 4th April)

Tuesday 3rd April

DIVISION TWO

4-2 Risborough Rangers v Tring Corinthians

A report from another Forum:

Spartan South Midlands League Division 2

Risborough Rangers 4-2 Tring Corinthians

Admission & Programme: £2

Tea: £1

Cheeseburger: £2.20

Att: 42

The opening night of silly season for me and in true silly season style we didn't kick off until 6:20 and despite the light failing due to the rain we had a full 15 minute half time interval, meaning the final 20 minutes of the 2nd half was played in near darkness.

The 1st half was a procession of Risborough dominance. 2-0 up in the opening 10 minutes and come half time it was a miracle it was only 3-0.

With the game won Risborough spent most of the 2nd half trying to walk the ball into the net with Tring breaking away twice to great surprise and scoring either side of Risborough's succesful walk-in.

For a step 7 ground this is a classic. The pitch slopes from corner to corner, A large cover with armchairs in front of the clubhouse and a small wooden stand on the far side with a stream behind.

Beer wise - took the more direct B4009 from Newbury-Chinnor to Princes Risborough, stopping at the Royal Oak in Yattenden, supping the West Berks Brewery Mr Chubbs Lunchtime bitter whilst the Eastern European barmaid and her partner were having a domestic in the background

Looking like it's going to hammer it down with rain where I am near Ware....it's just started as I type.

Should make for some interesting pitches tonight.....especially the one at Wodson Park.

That's perfect timing for the game at Wodson Park isn't it, maybe Craig Bicknell will do a Steve McLaren impersonation later

Hadley v Oxhey Jets

(OXHEY JETS): Jessop, Killer, Lomas, Brown, Macca, Ingham, Bywater, Hart, (T) Inch, Putman, (L) Inch.

(Subs): Orlando, Stewart, Jacks, Alexis.

HT Hadley 0 Oxhey Jets 0

Hatfield Town v Tring Athletic

(HATFIELD TOWN): Lacey, Sawyer, Welsh, Oboy, Hardy, Cooke, Reade, Golder, Newman, Field, Tahon.

(Subs): Furness, Thompson, Perrin, Caswell.

8 mins - Tring Athletic manage to get down the right wing and into the box without a challenge to score the opener!

41 Mins - After Lewis Field seems to have suffered from a forearm smash in the face not seen and many a blue boy screaming fir a free kick, Tring Athletic break to score their second goal

HT: Hatfield Town 0 Tring Athletic 2

HT: Wodson Park 1 Ampthill Town 0 - courtesy of a Peter Sawyer strike

Edited by Karen Browne

True mate but it's worth it if you win , we have got to go to ware tonight that will be a late one lol

Only just noticed Ware are bottom of the Ryman - any thoughts whether they would come to the SSML, Essex Senior or get the reprieve so many Step 4 clubs seem to get?

About half twelve, I'm in Islington so a bit further than the others! Surprisingly less aches than I expected but only got out of bed at 11! Being able to work from home has its advantages sometimes, just on train to work now

Guess that's the only pitfall of being promoted from DIvision 2 getting home at God knows what time.

You guys coming up this year?

No mate same old, said it on one of the other discussions until we move or council agree's to lights we stay in Div 2.

Hopefully Ware will come into the SSML so we can return to the Hertford v Ware local derbies, which we haven't had since the old Ryman 2 days.

Was talking to their chairman at the Hertford v Broxbourne game last night and suggested he had come to spy on next season's opposition - not sure he saw the funny side.

Edited by Septimus

so we can return to the Hertford v Ware local derbies, which we haven't had since the old Ryman 2 days.

Septimus - Don't take this the wrong way but wouldn't it be a bit humiliating, particularly for Ware, to meet each other in the SSML instead of the Ryman League

57 min Hadley 0 Oxhey Jets 1 - Ian Bywater

Hatfield Town 0 Tring Athletic 3

78 mins - Hatfield Town 1 Tring Athletic 3 - Sam Perrin goes past 3 or 4 players to pass across goal for Jay Welsh to calmly finish

73 min Hadley 0 Oxhey Jets 2 - Ian Bywater

Edited by Karen Browne

57 min Hadley 0 Oxhey Jets 1 - Ian Bywater

Hatfield Town 0 Tring Athletic 3

78 mins - Hatfield Town 1 Tring Athletic 3 - Sam Perrin goes past 3 or 4 players to pass across goal for Jay Welsh to calmly finish

73 min Hadley 0 Oxhey Jets 2 - Ian Bywater

Full time: 61fc Res 2 AFC Dunstable Res 3

Wednesday 4th April

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Hadley v Oxhey Jets

1-5 Hatfield Town v Tring Athletic

DIVISION ONE

1-0 Wodson Park v Ampthill Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

2-3 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Full Time Wodson Park 1-0 Ampthill

Peter Sawyer with the goal

Oops, sorry Karen, missed your post.

Jonno - Don't worry as we needed clarification, what a shock!

Bums to the wall and we rode our luck..they hit the woodwork on a few occasions.

The lad up top Tyrone is a handful and liked the 7 in the centre of the park, think his name is Chris Lester....my first game against Ampthill ever and was suprised at the number of people they brought with them considering it was a Wednesday evening.

Fat 9

Well summed up by Chinola whose quick free kick set up Wodson's goal. Very nice to meet you in the stand after you'd been subbed mate. How Ampthill didn't score escapes me?? It was just one of those days for them I think.

Take nothing away from Wodson though - it was a real gritty and determined performance, they worked hard all over the pitch hassling Ampthill whenever they were on the ball.

Highlights will follow sometime on Thursday....if I get the time to edit them together.

I think the cold end maybe bad luck for Ampthill as I've seen them twice this season against Hoddesdon (LOST 3-0) and now against Wodson Park.

I to was impressed with the following Ampthill brought over to Ware for a midweek match... 70 (ish) mile round trip.. Good support!

ColdEnd, sorry about my colleague who harassed you in the stand during the 2nd half! I think he wanted your autograph!!!

Bums to the wall and we rode our luck..they hit the woodwork on a few occasions.

The lad up top Tyrone is a handful and liked the 7 in the centre of the park, think his name is Chris Lester....my first game against Ampthill ever and was suprised at the number of people they brought with them considering it was a Wednesday evening.

Fat 9

Obese 9 LOL.

One of them games, we've won games we didn't deserve so guess over a season it evens itself out, but to hit the woodwork 4 times and not get the break is unreal.

But fair play to your lot, you done what you had to do, though someone's phrase behind me at one point that you'd parked the bus had me thinking why is Mourinho over here watching.

5 defeats now in the league this season, all midweek, all away from home.....so with 4 Saturday fixtures and one midweek left we should be ok.....shouldn't we?

Edited by ref off ref