Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill

Baller

The frimley game coincided with our annual firework display,so they was a slight shortage of volunteers on the day (to run the canteen,fix the toilets etc). Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

With regards to the upgrade of the facilities,we are very confident we will meet the 31st march deadline. The final planning permission was only received a few weeks ago. This was required in order to submit the FF funding application. FF have reviewed our application and we expect to receive the funding in December.

This will allow 13-14 weeks to complete the works required. We have been advised this should take 3-4 weeks.

Hope that clarifies the position. Please let me know if you require any further information.

Finishing in the top 3 is obviously going to be tough,as the league is extremely tight at the top this season.

Daniel, Do you wonder why you are putting up lights. League rule comes March 31. Westfield have lights, so do mole valley,frimley green, banstead and i guess a couple of others. There are no fixtures scheduled this season that need lights at any of these clubs, so someone tell me why clubs/fa are spending all this money for nothing? same could be said for the stands, when people prefer to stand. And remember 31 March cut off. What then happens to Worcester Park if they don't have lights. And clearly a division of only 18 teams it seems don't need them either. Money is difficult for all clubs so why inflict more expense when not needed? Must be the men in the grey suits again!!

Your right but i would prefer to see the money spent on a good pitch such as yours to give younger players a chance to develop their skills and go further. Still not sure about the cricket club and how you get away with a table for a pay point when this should be in place already and the long walk. Thought Farnham nearly had a problem with this for their promotion. Tell me who signed it off?

Edited by bomaya

Daniel, Do you wonder why you are putting up lights. League rule comes March 31. Westfield have lights, so do mole valley,frimley green, banstead and i guess a couple of others. There are no fixtures scheduled this season that need lights at any of these clubs, so someone tell me why clubs/fa are spending all this money for nothing? same could be said for the stands, when people prefer to stand. And remember 31 March cut off. What then happens to Worcester Park if they don't have lights. And clearly a division of only 18 teams it seems don't need them either. Money is difficult for all clubs so why inflict more expense when not needed? Must be the men in the grey suits again!!

There's a few clubs who don't have lights, as well as Worcester Park.

It's an FA directive, so the Combined Counties have no choice but to go along with what the suits say. Clubs who don't have appropriate ground facilities will be relegated as it stands, which would shrink the 1st Division next season IF it happened as I doubt there are many Step 7s with appropriate facilities.

What about Bisley? Do they have lights?

This was to meet the ground grading to join the league. To obtain the ground grading for promotion,we will be building a pay point in the next few weeks. Apologies if this wasn't clear in my previous reply.

The bar is owned by the sports association,not the cricket club. At this time it is not feasible to operate two bars. There is potential to operate a second bar when we develop the next bit of land.

Thanks for the complimentary remarks regarding the pitch.

I agree that the grading rules are all over the top like having to have the turnstyle operator in an enclosed room, but do agree that you need lights to be in the premier. 2pm / 6.15 kick off's isnt acceptable for step 5.

However dont agree side's should be kicked out of div 1 who dont have lights. Especially unfair on those who have their own ground. Hopefully sense will prevail or we will end up with a 10 team division1 next year with everyone playing each other 4 times