Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill

Baller

Ellers please do not confuse "having a go" with "pointing things out". I am an outsider looking in and all I am saying is it did not look good at the time. If as you say the training and everything else was spot on the why were the players not happy(and you had some quality)? Its a results buisness and unfortunately you never produced any results.

Yea DK put these tweets up because id like to see this. The relationship Phil and the coaching staff had with the players was different class. We lost too Mole Valley, Eversley, South Kilburn and Epsom all top 6. Like Duncs said results don't lie and you can't argue that but with that squad we had we would of turnt it Around, we wouldn't of got promoted but I would of strongly fancied us for promotion next year.

Redders please dont make me do that when you know full well that it is true. And plus I'm not to good at this computer lark :P

Listen Mate il be honest I don't once recall a player naming you should be starting that's why I'm saying I'd love too see it. Who weren't happy DK? The training was brilliant, when I went from lammas to Knaphill the training sessions were class, when I was there we done a different session every week which was so refreshing!! Did everyone forget how Phil transformed them in the second half of the Season last year?

Edited by Redrup No2

Ellers please do not confuse "having a go" with "pointing things out". I am an outsider looking in and all I am saying is it did not look good at the time. If as you say the training and everything else was spot on the why were the players not happy(and you had some quality)? Its a results buisness and unfortunately you never produced any results.

And thats what we are all judged on as players and managers so if you do get another job remember if you don't get results you will be shown the door again so don't trust any player enough to be called a mate

Listen Mate il be honest I don't once recall a player naming you should be starting that's why I'm saying I'd love too see it. Who weren't happy DK? The training was brilliant, when I went from lammas to Knaphill the training sessions were class, when I was there we done a different session every week which was so refreshing!! Did everyone forget how Phil transformed them in the second half of the Season last year?

Redders stop it.

I don't post on here often anymore becasue this forum is not what it used to be. I did pre-season with Knaphill and it was one of the best pre-season's I have had. Ellers put together a good coaching team - Paul Thornton has a lot of experience and talked a lot of sense, Simon Hickman did a quality pre-season and Odgie has the clubs interest at heart, plus the two GK coaches I worked with in Nut250 and Matt Edwards. I didn't stick around because I did not perform in the opportunities I was given and I was not prepared to make the 1.5 hour round trip to play reserve team football or sit on the bench (sorry Phil should have told you the reasons rather than dissapearing). I didn't agree with some of Ellers' ideas, and given that I have not discussed them with him, they will not be aired here. Ellers gave it a good go but it didn't work out. It was quite obvious the ambition that Ellers had and I do think 6 games was not enough so there appears to be another agenda there rather than just results.

I think that everyone will agree that the brown evenlope speaks too much now and it is difficult to attract or retain players when the first question they ask is how much.

I agree with the fact that some people spend far too much time on here with generally not a good word too say. I would like to say though having played for Ellers at both Bedfont sports and Knaphill he is a very positive manager who has the clubs best interests at heart when there, and with the squad we had at the start of this season we would definatly have started to pick up results given time. Six games is far to short and if it was always judged on results in a short period the current management would be gone already. I hope the club do manage to turn it around but sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for!

Morning all, Wow i never thought this thread would still be lingering around...

Its taken me 20 mins to read the thread

I think as i was the one that started all this mischief i should be the one to end it all

Ellers and Paul are top lads are were never given enough time at knaphill i think most would agree, it doent matter if we were giving it the big we are and were gonna win the league who gives a FECK at least it shows ambition rather than lets get a side together to stay in the league so it didnt happen straight away big deal.

You got to admit tho any of you curtain twicthers that just read this forum that looking at results from this weekend have KNAPHILL moved forward 1sts lose 4-1 whats that lost 9-10 out of 12 lol feel sorry for the guys there its a now surely the axe will fall this week and reserves lose 9-0 it doesnt look good but thats for the chairman im sure we will see a change soon its has to happen Right?

Look i dont dislike knaphill and im not bitter twisted tool end like some old twats on here no names but this haas gone on long enough let them get on with it and come bottom with a ressie side and average players its become boring im sure we will be having another thread like this in the future

I wish you guys good luck for what its worth

MW

Morning all, Wow i never thought this thread would still be lingering around...

Its taken me 20 mins to read the thread

I think as i was the one that started all this mischief i should be the one to end it all

Ellers and Paul are top lads are were never given enough time at knaphill i think most would agree, it doent matter if we were giving it the big we are and were gonna win the league who gives a FECK at least it shows ambition rather than lets get a side together to stay in the league so it didnt happen straight away big deal.

You got to admit tho any of you curtain twicthers that just read this forum that looking at results from this weekend have KNAPHILL moved forward 1sts lose 4-1 whats that lost 9-10 out of 12 lol feel sorry for the guys there its a now surely the axe will fall this week and reserves lose 9-0 it doesnt look good but thats for the chairman im sure we will see a change soon its has to happen Right?

Look i dont dislike knaphill and im not bitter twisted tool end like some old twats on here no names but this haas gone on long enough let them get on with it and come bottom with a ressie side and average players its become boring im sure we will be having another thread like this in the future

I wish you guys good luck for what its worth

MW

You wouldn't be in any of my teams with this attitude on you I bet you are 1 who likes to talk his way into a side and then forms a little click to rally round and agree with all what you say,a forum is about topics and opinions I don't give a feck what anyone thinks of my opinions and least of all someone like you whoever you are,you say that you are not bitter and twisted well there is definitely something wrong with you

Cliff, sorry for the delay in replying. Played and managed at Knaphill so yes I am better qualified than someone who just hears the talk and goes to agms. Knaphill is a mid table Div 1 set up and nothing more. No crime in that, the crime is in thinking they are more before they are.

Have not posted on here since i left Knaphill. Would just like to say that it is a nice club with good honest people who graft hard and are proud of their club and so they should be. Dave Freeman is a good guy who only wants the best for Knaphill and i hope one day they achieve the ambition of promotion.

Having played for Ellers and Paul who are both great guys to play for i think they should of had more time but also understand that football is about results thats the way it goes. To slate of Knaphill or Phil is really low and cant understand why some have such pressing opinion on both. Being one of the players that was involved in the start of the season we all are to blame as a whole to why we didnt get results from players through to the managers. football is about the collective thats why its a team sport!

Anyway good luck to Phil and Knaphill hope all goes well for the both of you.

Where are you playing now mate?

Cliff, sorry for the delay in replying. Played and managed at Knaphill so yes I am better qualified than someone who just hears the talk and goes to agms. Knaphill is a mid table Div 1 set up and nothing more. No crime in that, the crime is in thinking they are more before they are.

So then Shutton if your a former manager and player who are you? However, looking at your name I think I've got an idea who you are, did you start up and run AFC Bisley by any chance? And for the record I'm David Freeman, Chairman, Knaphill Football Club, I think, sorry I know I'm qualified to remember all players and managers who have been at the club since 1995 although I've only been Chairman since October 2011.

Edited by Trentender

Maybe as Chairman your the only one that could put this thread to bed as your the one who made the decisions. What do you think about these comments on your team? Did you make the right choice? Do you back the current managers? What's the target?

4-5-1,

I have read all of the comments on this thread, some are laughable, some are fair comments, some are pathetic however, everyone is entitled to their opinion but to be honest I'm not going to discuss club issues on a public forum, all that matters is the people at the club, anyone associated with it and everyone at the club knows where they stand.

With some of the comments on here it seems some people seem to know the club better then me. Decisions at the club are made by the club's management committee and not solely me, I made that clear when I became chairman.

We are very fortunate to have good, hardworking honest people at Knaphill and long may that continue. In the last two seasons we have had hit a brick wall but I'm confident we will bounce back stronger and move on. We are in it for the long haul, not the short haul.

I'm sure most chairman will echo my comments, all clubs have their ups & downs on and off the pitch and we are no different.