Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill

Baller

Eversley are a team not a club. They have a nice playing surface and a stand. Later when they get all their money together they will get lights. But you've got to say the 50 yd walk from pitch to changing room is not going to get passed for promotion surely. League rules say they should have a boardroom or seperate area for officials and visiting officials on a match day. I've never seen it. Then you walk another 25yds to Eversley cricket club after a game. Thats why i regard them as a team not a club. Knaphill have more about them although i'm not sure they have a bar also. But that's not a league requirement. Knaphill having just won may start to pick up with a bit of confidence.

Hi Chuck

I can confirm that we do have a separate board room,which was approved by the CCL committee prior to our acceptance into the league.

Reference the distance from the pitch to the changing rooms. Whilst this is not ideal,i believe the current FA ground grading requirement do not stipulate a minimum distance.

There are plans to build a new main pitch/changing room block to the west of the current pitch on the land we are due to develop next.

A good job you've not played at Highgate United or Cwmffrwdoer Sports.

To reach the pitch from the dressing room at Highgate is akin to climbing Mount Everest, whilst it is a cross-country trek from the changing room (over a stile as well!) to the pitch at Cwmffrwdoer. You're half knackered before a ball has been kicked!

Like a lot of clubs in div 1 we usually just enjoy a drink in the bar after with the officials and opposition committee members.

We used to ask if people wished to go into the board room and the answer was always that they would prefer the bar area.

Are you a referee or club official? If you are,happy to open up the boardroom next time you visit.

Have followed this thread with interest and would make a couple of points.

Firstly I'm glad the moderators have changed the title....not before time IMO and this kind of slagging off (usually by posters who never give their own time to help or improve any CCL club) is why many former posters are no longer doing so.

Secondly for the info of anyone who cares what clubs are doing behind the scenes, my own club has just acquired an additional 15 acre site next to our current main pitch. Having recently joined forces with California Boys & Girls and welcomed their committee's commitment and resources not only will our floodlights & other ground grading in place well before the March 31 deadline but there are also long term plans incorporating the new site for Step 4 football. Our first team are fortunate enough to have Sav, Roachy, & Greener in our first team management, along with others who give much of their time and the reason they are here are due to the commitments of others.

Thats because like those at Knaphill and many others in the CCL we are here for the long term and spend our valuable time trying to improve our

clubs and not denegrating others.

inmyday,

Hope i didn't offend you or the hard work of your committee, but does the table used as a turnstile pass league rules and not having the pitch fenced off? I thought you had to already have a pay point and fencing along with hard standing on three sides and under cover for spectators. My point regarding the long walk was when i last came to watch you the players walked with the supporters to the dressing room. I thought they had to be seperated from the supporters along with the officials for safety reasons. Good to see you are still working to improve things. Cricket club doesn't do it for me though.

As inmyday has alluded to,most of the points you raise are being addressed as part of the floodlight installation. This includes hard standing on all four sides,moving of the stand,a second 50 seater seated stand and standing cover for 50.

Walkway is already segregated behind the indoor training centre. I believe there are plans to fence in the two sides that are accessible from public land as well.

Happy to explain in detail if you're at a game again soon. The ground would be further progressed,but we faced an 18month battle to obtain planning permission for floodlights. As I'm sure you can appreciate,it would not have been prudent to spend on additional facility upgrades before the planning permission was gained. Hope that makes sense.

But when will the floodlights go in Daniel, there appears to be little progress being made! I was at the Frimley game and things did appear to be disjointed, toilet facilities were closed as was the canteen!! But more importantly I was surprised to see that work has yet to start on the facilities upgrade. If you have to have your ground at the required level by 31st March in order to gain promotion then there does appear to be a hell of a lot to do in a short space of time, which must be concerning for you? I did speak to someone in an Eversley FC jacket and he seemed a bit coy about it all and I got the impression there may be issues with funding delays?

There's a long way to go yet but I think you will still challenge for the top 3 (despite losing 2 big games recently!!) but it would be a huge shame, if after a long hard season you cannot gain promotion due to the ground not meeting the necessary league requirements. How confident are you that this won't happen?

The frimley game coincided with our annual firework display,so they was a slight shortage of volunteers on the day (to run the canteen,fix the toilets etc). Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

With regards to the upgrade of the facilities,we are very confident we will meet the 31st march deadline. The final planning permission was only received a few weeks ago. This was required in order to submit the FF funding application. FF have reviewed our application and we expect to receive the funding in December.

This will allow 13-14 weeks to complete the works required. We have been advised this should take 3-4 weeks.

Hope that clarifies the position. Please let me know if you require any further information.

Finishing in the top 3 is obviously going to be tough,as the league is extremely tight at the top this season.

Some of the points made here match what I have just posted elsewhere.

Eversley are to be commended for the work they are doing and if they finish in the top 3 I hope they have the work done in order to be promoted. Unfortunately some people on here want to have a pop at clubs for what they are trying to do and perhaps they should involve themselves with a club that are trying to do things rather then keep asking the same old questions on here in the hope they will get a bite.

Well done IMD and Daniel for not raising to the bait and good luck with the work going forward and I am sure that soon enough you will grace the Premier Division.

theres a few that are moving forward in the last few seasons eversley , hanworth villa an of course us at bedfont sports it can only improve an i hope other clubs look at this an try to follow suit. id obviously love lammas to get there own ground an move forward aswell as others who i think are very good clubs warlingham an worcester park spring to mind aswell all good sides that really should be in prem now

Not at all Newby. Camberley have improved their set up off the pitch over the last few years incl training facilities. what our club needs is an injection of cash from somewhere to be able to completely revamp our facilties.

I am sure the local council would fully support someone who was willing to do this......