Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey FC to play in Ryman South

Yes you can fly to Southampton from Guernsey, but there is currently more capacity from Gatwick. When Guernsey joined the pymarid the FA set our "base" as Gatwick, i.e. that is where are home is. Clubs need to get themselves to gatwick and then Guernsey get them transported to/from Guernsey. It should be remembered that to get into the Pymarid it was the CCL that were kind enough to allow Guernsey in. I don't think it would be correct to now move their base to somewhere else.

Can I please ask that we are given a clean start and just draw a line in the sand with the CCL forumites. We have moved on and are no longer going to cause any hassle or problems to the CCL (I still do not understand why all of the pages and pages of typed dross on the CCL forum regarding GFC and why so many forumites were so sick of us)

So those of you who couldnt wait to see the back of us have your wish and all we now ask is for those of you who are so anti GFC to please just leave us to enjoy our football and make some new friends with the Ryman guys

We tried our upmost to fit into the CCL, did everything possible to ensure that we looked after everyone when they visited our Island or we travelled away and to be honest outside of some posters on the CCL forum (and it was not by any means all) it was incredible. Great clubs and great people everywhere, a great advertisesment and ambassadors for non league football. Unfortunately a lot of that great stuff was spoilt by a few on the CCL forum and I just hope you will all now leave us alone and let us get on with it and allow the new teams visiting Guernsey to enjoy their trips.

Most of the gripes were regarding money, it will be interesting to see how different the finances of the CCL leagues change now that GFC are not involved. Gate takings, bar takings with larger crowds at the grounds in the UK, now that the CCL Division 1 has had a season with and without GFC it would be interesting to find out the comparison and the CCL Premier Division will see the difference when this season is over

You never know we may be relegated this season and be back topping up the tills of the CCL clubs again and providing free trips to Guernsey again, I just dont know if I can even contemplate the greif this would cause to some of the CCL forumites

Quite agree Guru, but you are now discovering that it wasn't just the Combined Counties that can drag up dissenters from all over the place.

I, for one, will be following you progress with extreme interest.  Good luck for the future !!

Greetings all. We are ormering.com, the unofficial and independent online fanzine produced by a couple of Mainland-based Guernsey FC fans. We take a generally tongue-in-cheek and irreverent view of things and are also the noisy buggers who sing behind the goal at away matches. Got a couple of questions. Is this the only Ryman League forum or are there others? There doesn't appear to be an awful lot of posting going on. Secondly, we're looking for fans of every Ryman South club to give us their view of their club and insight into the goings on there and also their town/local area. Any contributions would be much appreciated. Either email to webmaster@ormering.com or send me a tweet @NortholtSaddler if you're interested. Cheers all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and good luck Guernsey fc hope you have a good season in ryman south and look forward to seeing you in the prem next year. Shame Jersey fc didnt take up the chance to join in.

Hope to meet you in the cup or trophy

But you didn't just tell him that did you.

The Ryman is a great league system,well run,better than the conference IMO.

To say that clubs don't help each other is completely wrong.

Many times we and others have had to re arrange matches at short notice,most of the time clubs have bent over backwards,and the league.

The officials are usually well turned out,knowledgable,competent and approachable.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Saddler,there are no other Ryman League Forums,all closed down a year ago.Ryman Clubs do not do helping others,as you will find out.

Do us a favour and jog off back to the CCL forum Smudge your personal general statements are not needed here. It is a shame that you continue to add little back bites in your posts as sometimes you do have some good information and often the answers to peoples queries but you always have to add that little bit extra as highlighted above that is not needed