Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is it time for FIFA to be disbanded?

cup of tea

Following the recent report from FIFA clearing Qatar and Russia from any wrong-doing and blaming England for inappropriate behaviour (I believe the report also allegedly blamed the Jews for WW2, proved that Black=White and suggested there's no evidence that ISIS is anything other than a peaceful organisation) and the author of the report then claiming that it had been misrepresented, can they be taken as a serious organisation anymore?

I'd love our FA to make a stand but they've not got the bol locks to do it. Really depends on whether there's wider support but I don't think so unless UEFA and their equivalents took it on. Can anyone see that happening?

Unfortunately , that's all correct.

I think if you had the likes of Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina etc. all pulling out of UEFA, their competitions would then be devalued to the point where it would become a joke.

Would it ever happen? Unlikely - And FIFA know it.

Certain top people at FIFA should certainly go and go NOW...

Unfortunately, currently FIFA is a two man dictatorship with Septic Bladder the ring-leader

• 6 months later...

UEFA are going to try. Need other regional International FAs to stand with them.

It would be funny if UEFA and The South American equivalent federation both boycott the world cup as all the winners come from those two continents.

Think that some of the South American representative are part of the problem though unfortunately.

The Asians won't interfere for some reason or other...

Would you 'Adam & Eve'  it  !!

Teflon Septic survived yet again.  Final proof that F.I.F.A. is probably the most corrupt organisation in the world.

The Mail on Saturday sports headline described Septic as 'A DEAD MAN WALKING'.

Lets hope they're right.

Question is now, did Sepp jump before he was pushed? Investigations getting close to him possibly?

Still, he's going,

Like everyone else I'm happy Blatter is going, but for the life of me don't understand what jurisdiction the USA have got in investigating FIFA. 

The fact that America is making arrests in connection of the dealings of a non-American worldwide organization is frightening, especially when we consider the corrupt and underhand practices they use to look after their own interests.

Personally I would prefer a Blatter controlled to a FIFA that is Americas wagging dog. 

He's still going to be holding the reins until December, when an election will take place.

Six months should be long enough for him to 'fix' his successor, (allegedly)  !!

Like everyone else I'm happy Blatter is going, but for the life of me don't understand what jurisdiction the USA have got in investigating FIFA. 

The fact that America is making arrests in connection of the dealings of a non-American worldwide organization is frightening, especially when we consider the corrupt and underhand practices they use to look after their own interests.

Personally I would prefer a Blatter controlled to a FIFA that is Americas wagging dog. 

Surely you're not saying that corruption happens in the USA? I'm shocked!!! :D

Don't mind them arresting Chuck Blazer as one of their own and I'm glad that Sepp has gone as he's clearly got it in for the UK but you make a valid point.

As Rhodsey would put it......

"It's going to get interesting, isn't it ?"

Watch Greg Dyke's comments in the future.

• 3 months later...

Who knows with Sepp ?

The Houdini of the footy world.

He's finished,in truth he has been for 5-6 years but because of the financial gains some African,Asian and smaller nations in world football have got from FIFA he has had them in his back pocket to help him out,and many in those countries still won't have it that he is a farce.

It shouldn't be disbanded completely but it needs now a group of ex "football" people to come in,totally re structuring the organisation which will include getting rid of anyone and everyone who isn't seen to a) be whiter than white and B) who isn't from a footballing background unless they are acting in a position unrelated to football itself.

The top footballing nations

The likes of England,Italy,Holland,Germany.Spain,Brazil Argentina.sweden,Belgium,chile,Scotland,Wales,France,ireland,Mexico and a few others to name should all have 1-2 people voted into a committee of maybe 30-50 people (yes it's a large amount,but this needs to be done)

These people should be from the footballing world,not just ex players,but coaches,managers,even heads of supporters groups,ex chairman of right and should all sit on a board and make the decisions

From this amount there should be certain positions like head of the organisation,deputy,secretary etc etc voted by all the member countries who in turn can only be affiliated to FIFA if their organisations stand up to scrutiny

• 2 months later...

Sepp's still protesting his innocence then - and he's still the president of FIFA according to , erm Sepp - despite being suspended.

Oh dear.

I wish he was  -  With a hood over his face and rope around his neck swinging to the sound of crashing trap doors.

Archived