Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

media communications this season

michael

Never knew about this incident, and I am very sorry that an individual has brought the club into disrepute (assuming these allegations are true). I have never seen any violence at Margate FC in 20+ years of attendance, and the atmosphere has always been friendly and family orientated. That is one of the reasons I prefer non-league football to other levels of the game.

If this person is banned from the ground, then at least the club have taken action, although some of the posters above seem to be more interested in firing up the feud than actually getting the problem dealt with.

If somebody was assaulted to the extent of the allegations above, then that is a criminal offence. The groundsman's comment has just popped up, and I have to say if you are the victim of an assault you yourself should report it to the police, not leave it for someone else to do (or not do, as you say). It is not too late, do it now. If the assailant is 'known', as stated above, then he should be easy to trace and bring to justice.

Finally, prize for the silliest comment goes to 'media communications are more important than allowing law breakers into your ground', presumably demonstrated by the fact that someone has dared to start a discussion on the subject, when the only thing we should be discussing is the grievances of Enfield supporters.

I was told at the time of the incident the police had been called by the club, but when I later called the police myself there was no record of a call from Margate fc, the culprit hasn't been banned either because he wasn't even spoken to the stewards let him walk out at FT

OK lets get some facts clear

Groundsman is the guy who was assaulted 100% true

Margate stewards said the police were called, they weren't

Our chairman spoke to his counterpart who is nt interested in getting involved

Groundsman reported incident to the Police who knew nothing about the assault, when the Police contacted Margate,the club stated they did not know the individual, when he is actually known to the club from previous incidents

And there we have it

All Groundsman has ha is a sorry and a £1,200 dental bill.

If it was our club we would have reported the individual and at the very least had a supporters bucket collection for the victim. We would have pinned ou Chairman up against the wall if he ducked such responsibility.

The only chap talking sense is Chris1, and I challenge the Margate supporters to take action themselves and show how much football means to them at this level and why we are different to the 'big time charlies' of the pro leagues.

As for wrongly accusing our supporters of  Anti-Semitic chanting, the chant was 'there's a nasty smell of bacon in the air' when two police offices (specials) poked their heads into the wingate ground, the Wingate chap is unfortunately twisting the chant to suit his pettiness. As I stated our cub took action when an alleged accusation  was made against him.

Now have I said anything untoward or do I make sense for the spirit o Non League football?

I noticed Maidstone called the police when Pyros were let off in the Margate end last week. He was appropriately dealt with, well done Maidstone nicked it in the bud before it escalated.

OK lets get some facts clear

Groundsman is the guy who was assaulted 100% true

Margate stewards said the police were called, they weren't

Our chairman spoke to his counterpart who is nt interested in getting involved

Groundsman reported incident to the Police who knew nothing about the assault, when the Police contacted Margate,the club stated they did not know the individual, when he is actually known to the club from previous incidents

And there we have it

All Groundsman has ha is a sorry and a £1,200 dental bill.

If it was our club we would have reported the individual and at the very least had a supporters bucket collection for the victim. We would have pinned ou Chairman up against the wall if he ducked such responsibility.

The only chap talking sense is Chris1, and I challenge the Margate supporters to take action themselves and show how much football means to them at this level and why we are different to the 'big time charlies' of the pro leagues.

As for wrongly accusing our supporters of  Anti-Semitic chanting, the chant was 'there's a nasty smell of bacon in the air' when two police offices (specials) poked their heads into the wingate ground, the Wingate chap is unfortunately twisting the chant to suit his pettiness. As I stated our cub took action when an alleged accusation  was made against him.

Now have I said anything untoward or do I make sense for the spirit o Non League football?

I noticed Maidstone called the police when Pyros were let off in the Margate end last week. He was appropriately dealt with, well done Maidstone nicked it in the bud before it escalated.

I have posted this statement on our closed FB page and asked the club to comment, other than personally talking to our chairman (not really my place) I have to say it is up to our fans (who now use the FB page more than this forum :(  ) to urge or encourage our club to act.

Well said Stanners, i was shocked to hear of this incident after the game. I heard the person had been banned, which may not be the case now?

Ive never witnesed any trouble at HDP personaly in 15 years following MFC. Certainly hope there is a conclusion to this soon. This behaviour is not welcome or wanted.

I`d like to apologise as well , I don`t know the bloke who through the punches but I know he`s a knob as we had to put up with his chanting and pathetic comments each week that he was there which wasn`t many in all honesty . What I will say though is perhaps you as Enfield fans should refrain from walking into the club house which was full of Gate fans and start chanting and singing expecting comeback . Maybe the bloke involved took this as an insult and waited for the opotunity to have his own back . On a whole though your fans were exceptional as were ours . Hope the lad that got hit is good to go again .

Thanks Stanners66, and I would like to echo Gringo and Andy's comments.

Groundsman, when you reported it to the police you would have been given a reference number, and what you need to do is contact them again and ask what is happening about it. They are obliged to keep you informed of progress. If you don't follow it up there is every chance it will just quietly get forgotten about.

Spoke to them again, they can't do anything about it, because they can't prove who it was who done it. And I offered to come to one of your games to point him out but was told no. On the day I was asking the stewards to cone with me to point him out and the reply I got was we can't do that

There you have it Stanners from the nicest lad in non league circles, Police do not have enough to go on

Margate Chairman dose'nt want to know

However, Margate supporters know the fella (who is described at best as a knob) we all know he has a ginger haired son, all Groundsman needs is a name and if possible an address, but a name would do.

The stewards saw the incident clearly and we'd have at least 5-6 willing witness's to identify him. But it would be better for somebody connected with Margate to identify him as we would be deemed bias witness's.

Football they say is nothing without the fans, you could do one decent 20ish year old lad a favour who was watching the game quietly with his girlfriend a good turn and at the same time rid your club of this unpopular 'knob' who has nothing to offer.

Such Supporter power can bring our clubs closer together and create a good camaraderie between ourselves, just like we have with Dulwich, Lewes, Hornchurch, Hendon, Harrow Beveren(Belgium) and many others, thankfully not through young fans being punched.The positives that can come out of this far out weigh the current negative feelings which the entire 600+ Margate and 400+ Enfield regulars would be left to reflect on.

Edited by Enfield United

I'm not part of the so called 'non League family' I've got my own family and just watch the football which I very much enjoy, if the minority and it is a minority of  supporters drink too much, say to much and it gets out of hand that's up to them and it's for the authorities to deal with it not me...ok !!!! so that's why it's gone quiet I would say...  

One of your fans (Stanners) said exactly the same thing regarding the authorities - we're all shocked & gutted that some idiot punched your fan, whoever he is, his actions aren't condoned in the slightest, he's an embarrassment to our club.

Our fans have apologised on this idiot's behalf, but I agree with what Stanners said - swiping at people on social media is pointless, & things like this are best left for the relevant authorities to sort out.

Tarring us all with the same brush just makes yourself look stupid & is downright insulting though - we get a lot of comments on how friendly our club & our fans are, & I really don't appreciate you casting slurs upon us.

Enfield United instead of posting on here being critical of everyone associated with Margate FC why not be a bit more pro-active and focus you're anger/issues with the police. Are you the guy that got bashed up or are you his mate ? either way why not draft a letter and/or email to the police at Margate and make it to the 'attention of a Duty Inspector'.  Get you and the guy (if not you) to put down the events leading up to the incident then send off, recorded delivery.  Hopefully you and your mate will get some positive response from an Inspector then from the person at the 'front desk' or the common all garden' PC' as communications within a police station are not that effective when a complaint is logged.  With a bit of luck this may be a better option then every MFC dragging the perpetrator out of his house by his ears and flogging him on the center circle at half time with the corner flags........ Oh and good luck and hopefully this incident will be concluded and laid to rest....at last!!!!!!