Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 0 Hornchurch 2

harwood

One of the worst Billericay performances I have seen in a long time. We did not have a shot at goal in the entire game !!! Very disjointed. We are obviously missing a number of players but some of those brought in as replacements are not good enough at this level. All credit to Hornchurch they played well and deserved the three points today but they did not have much of an opposition.

Very poor referee again today.

Originally Posted By: Sticks
Shocking display today, really disappointing. There was a severe lack of effort from certain players and many more performances like that and it will be a long, hard winter. Congrats to Hornchurch, but I can't see them getting an easier three points all season.

yh leyton away on boxing day wink

Originally Posted By: harwood
One of the worst Billericay performances I have seen in a long time. We did not have a shot at goal in the entire game !!! Very disjointed. We are obviously missing a number of players but some of those brought in as replacements are not good enough at this level. All credit to Hornchurch they played well and deserved the three points today but they did not have much of an opposition.

Yep, pretty dire. Didn't Burbridge head one into their keeper's arms in the 2nd half? Does that count as a shot?

Originally Posted By: harwood

i'm sorry to say this but ryman premier is a tough league and Billericay now fourth from bottom,has to go and sign some proper players out there because otherwise Ryman 1 fotball will become reality.Sad but true!There is no point in saying..once we get this or that one back,go and sign Ryman premier players now,not ryman 1 or ESL subs!It seems like Billericay are gearing themselves up for Ryman 1 football and that will be a big disappointment because they are a nice club.

A very tired looking performance today against an average side. We really have signs of a relegation troubled side. But we have to be positive:-

1 Jamie Dormer was again magnificent in his effort and technical ability and cannot be faulted. When is his central midfield sidekick Mr Hunter going to be dropped - he is just going through the motions.

2 After a difficult first half I thought Bradley really battled hard in the second half.

3 We have some quality players to come back ie a class striker and central defender and this will make a difference.

4 We got a draw away at Hendon last week - Leyton lost 11 -1 at home today against that side so take heart there is always somebody in a worst position!!!!!

Having said that what a dire bench we had today compared with Hornchurch, no wonder only 1 sub

plus,i don't think hornchurch are an average side,we could and should of scored 5 but we are on a nice run of form,at times we murdered you without the final ball running into place.

I think we will make the play offs although in all fairness i would take s top 8 finish in our first season back in the ryman prem!!

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
turn it in,ricay are nowhere near going down,even though the song "your going down with the leyton" was very catching!!!!

better wake up,i heard the same words from West ham fans some seasons ago...Anyway i'll keep this post for future references...remember four going down,it's gonna be a long.long winter at the new lodge..hopefully they'll manage to stay up but i won't bank on it... frown

There are many reasons why games are lost (and won) and in general supporters take most of them on the chin and move on. As is clear from some of the posts above lack of effort is not a reason that is tolerated and I'm afraid it seemed to me that lack of effort was evident in a number of our players.

We were abject yesterday and it's such a shame after some encouraging performances recently. I hope we can consign this one to the bin of distant memories very quickly.

A poor performance all round and that was due in some part to tired legs and minds. With players out injured, the options to change things on the park are limited. The 11 on the pitch have done us proud over the past four games but "a bad day in at the office" was bound to happen, sooner than later.

Typically, with a performance and result like yesterdays, it brings out the "relegation comments" but I refuse to go there until see what happens when we have all our injured players back. A fully fit 'Ricay squad looks quite tasty as far as starting 11 and bench and only until we see how the results go, will we see what the future of this season holds for us. Put that and the tightness of the league this season into the equation and IMO, relegation isn't something I think will happen.

Neither, may I add is promotion...but, who knows...long way to go yet.

i'm sorry to say this but ryman premier is a tough league and Billericay now fourth from bottom,has to go and sign some proper players out there because otherwise Ryman 1 fotball will become reality.Sad but true!There is no point in saying..once we get this or that one back,go and sign Ryman premier players now,not ryman 1 or ESL subs!It seems like Billericay are gearing themselves up for Ryman 1 football and that will be a big disappointment because they are a nice club.

Thank you for your wise words Coach, It's so easy this football lark when put like that.

and your team...sitting comfortably at the top of your league and a certainty for promotion this season?

I think most Ricay fans will agree that it was a poor performance. Up until yerterday I was still believing that we could perhaps reach the play-offs, now I fear we will be fighting to stay in the Prem.

the injury list is very unfortunate and I support the management knowing that there is a limited choice at the moment, but somehow the players need to become a team again!

I can't remember walking away from New Lodge feeling quite so gloomy for a long, long time.

I accept, to an extent, that over recent matches the current depleted squad have done well to achieve what they have, but yesterday saw their weaknesses uncovered; and as Gazza mentioned above, one of those weaknesses appears to be mental strength. I think that's what good team management is about; instilling the desire to never give up, fight for every thing and believe in yourself. Hornchurch had plenty of that spirit; we didn't.

One final word about Jamie Dormer. He's was in a class above everyone else on that pitch yesterday. Those around him need to lift their game fast.

I'm sorry Rick, but I have to say this. My comment on an earlier thread to the effect that your extended FA Cup run didn't do you a lot of good, was met with your response that your family and yourself enjoyed a superb day at the Swansea game. Do you still think it was worth it, when I (and probably many of your own fans), feel that your cup run was a major contributary factor (due to the detrimental physical and mental draining effect it had on your players), to your current position in the league.

That aside, you can look forward to the 29th, when I'm positive your lads will do enough at MP to earn the bragging rights over us Clarets once again.