Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 0 Hornchurch 2

harwood

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

BC, three season ago we made it to the 1st round of the FA cup, £rd round of the Trophy, and finished second in the league.

So I would have to say that having a cup run doesn't really have an affect, Stains are going well BC.

TC - three seasons ago was THEN, this season is NOW (can't fault me for not being profound can you). Just think that your run THIS season was a major contributory factor to your current poor form, along with the above average number of injuries (even by CCFC standards!).
Yes, Staines ARE doing well, and with plenty of cash in the coffers to bolster their squad (provided the RIGHT players become available that is). BUT, compared to our goodselves, they have a considerably more difficult second half of the season (on paper at least). Once we get the 29th out of the way (and the almost certain dropped points to your lads), I hope that we'll have a considerably more successful January than we had last year when we lost 4 on the bounce.
Long way to go yet though.

Originally Posted By: finisterre
I was surprised to see a couple of Chelmo fans complete with CCFC woolie hats at the game yesterday. Not sure I'd have the front to turn up at MP in equivalent dress as a neutral!

I understand it was quite "chilly" down there yesterday - perhaps the CCFC woolie hats were the only ones they had!

BC.I can see that you think our cup run is the cause of our poor form,(I disagree)but I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what point you are trying to make with the rest of you post

Cup run + bad luck with injuries.
Just that we will have to wait until February/March, to see just how well "Staines are going" relative to our goodselves.

i'm sorry to say this but ryman premier is a tough league and Billericay now fourth from bottom,has to go and sign some proper players out there because otherwise Ryman 1 fotball will become reality.Sad but true!There is no point in saying..once we get this or that one back,go and sign Ryman premier players now,not ryman 1 or ESL subs!It seems like Billericay are gearing themselves up for Ryman 1 football and that will be a big disappointment because they are a nice club.

Thank you for your wise words Coach, It's so easy this football lark when put like that.

and your team...sitting comfortably at the top of your league and a certainty for promotion this season?

well...you know we get 500 through the gates,have a few thousands pounds wage bill and we are just counting the money from our cup run...
not really mr Kent smile
Actually you could come and learn how good managers work on a shoestring,scratching their heads to get 14 fit players for an away game at Barking,after 27 of his 42 signed on players were unaivailable due to injuries,suspensions,babysitting,car crashes,working,parties,premiership glamour,etc,etc...and we still managed to draw away at 2nd placed team with 10 out of 14 players under the age of 18...I'm sure you'll have a lot to learn management wise by simply watching us.I can tell you,that was a cheap shot and not enough class from a so called chairman... smile

It was a miserable and dire performance. To not even have a worthwhile attempt at goal is criminal. BUT, it was not a performance that was in context with the previous 4 games where we've played fairly well. It is the same 11 that defeated Ramsgate, drew at Hendon and gained a point at Tonbridge. We've a week off, we need to jog on, go to Hastings next week and smack six past 'em!

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
My comment on an earlier thread to the effect that your extended FA Cup run didn't do you a lot of good, was met with your response that your family and yourself enjoyed a superb day at the Swansea game. Do you still think it was worth it

Balmoral, I can't agree that our current precarious league position should be attributed to the "cost" of Cup success; nor should it be a choice of one or t'other. If that were the case why bother entering?

As a supporter I want a team that meets or exceeds my expectations. Billericay have been title or play-off contenders for the past 3 seasons. That's my expectation. Gaining promotion as Champions or via the play-offs would exceed my expectations, as does getting far enough in the FA Cup to meet league opposition; the icing on the cake.

So when you ask "do you stil think it was worth it?" the answer is undoubtedly a resounding YES! But that doesn't make a poor showing in the league competition easy to accept.

If Chelmsford miss out this year on promotion (that's still a chance despite your hubris in naming Hallet as a sub yesterday, even though he wasn't there!) what will you have to look back on? What will you have achieved?

As far as the 29th is concerned, I'd say that at the moment it's your best chance for a long time to get those 3 points from us you covet so much. And if we play like we did yesterday I'd imagine Ibe & Holmes could do it in humiliating style. I sincerely hope our management team do what is necessary to instil some of the spirit & self belief that was lacking yesterday, so at least we make a fight of it.

"As far as the 29th is concerned, I'd say that at the moment it's your best chance for a long time to get those 3 points from us you covet so much. And if we play like we did yesterday I'd imagine Ibe & Holmes could do it in humiliating style. I sincerely hope our management team do what is necessary to instil some of the spirit & self belief that was lacking yesterday, so at least we make a fight of it."

Thanks for your civil response to my earlier observations Rick.

As for the 29th - yes, I ALSO hope that "OUR management team do what is necessary", then hopefully it will be a great game. What I'd give to be there!

ahhh I see, thing is, selected truths usually end up being a fairy tale.

Do you know where Gary Cross has gone to?

I don't know where Gary Cross has gone to(Braintree i heard).The only thing i know,is that the ryman premier is indeed a tough league and waiting for players to come back from injuries is not the right answer at the moment.To preserve your place in that league or making the play-offs you need to get a few squids and sign 2-3 quality players that will help you in the fight.I always follow Billericay results because over the years they have been a nice friendly club.I remember a great gentleman(Len Dewson) that was your club secretary for years and i used to follow your team under the John Kendall days(good manager and great drinker of red wine).It's nothing about larking or else,it's what a lot of people thought after saturday's game,that's all.

It'a very competitive league and players don't come cheap.Also sometimes you are not even 100% sure that is gonna work so i can understand the club point of view,after all money doesn't grow up on trees and sometimes it would be a good idea to show the players what goes behind the running of a club.I didn't want to critices anyone,just an observation and a wish to have a club like Billericay in that division and above.

Hi CRFC! grinI was close to pack it up thursday afternoon...