Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player Abuse at the top level

Krooner

Found the comments from various people on this issue quite interesting. I tend to agree that there is too much abuse going on from the fans towards players and when they get a bit back they complain to the stewards. So I do have some sympathy.

Perhaps though the players and managers who complained need to think before they launch into their next tirade of abuse at officials. Too much of it from everyone from spectators, through coaches and managers to players. Collective responsibility.

How do the players that play at this level react if someone goes ott with abuse at them ?

good old eric cantona!

I was in the crowd at QPR v spurs when Paul Stewart was warming up on the touchline (sub again)

He took all the banter with smiles etc but when someone insulted his family over something that had just been in the papers ( a spurs fan too) he understandably went bananas. better cusser than a striker as it goes, and he gave the classic see you outside afterwards line, and I reckon he showd up. No idea about the fan just disappeared.

Tha would have been on the tele nowadays and he (Stewart) would have been in the poo.

I was playing about 2 weeks ago and taking a goal kick when a group of lads behind the goal started saying stuff like, this keepers [****!!****], he aint got a chance against you lot, smash him. I took all that as a joke and laughed along to it until about 5 minutes later another goal kick when one of them goes 'oi keeper, you're a f***ing c***! F***ing w***er!'

I turn around with the ball in my hands and go to throw the ball at them ( but wasnt going to, just thearetically) and then tell them to piss off.

The lino starts flagging and the ref runs over to him and I end up getting booked. The lads behind the goal didnt get no punishment at all, not even asked to move by the referee when i told him what they were saying!

Here is a little story about a game some time ago. I was not involved. During the 2nd half some "Youths" appeared and started chucking chips at the Lino. He brought this to the refs attention and explained he was worried as they were drinking and he was worried that they would start throwing their emty cans at him. Ref goes to home bench and says that if they do not get the youths ejected he would abandon the game. The home side, 4 down at the time suggest there is nothing they can do. Ref goes to away bench and tells them he is going to abandon the game. Cue Away manager and asst manager remvoing all youths immediately !!

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Here is a little story about a game some time ago I was involved in. During the 2nd half some "Youths" appeared and started chucking chips at the Lino. He brought this to the refs attention and explained he was worried as they were not salty enough and he wanted ketchup too !!!! Ref goes to home bench and says that if they do not get some ketchup pronto he would abandon the game. Cue manager and asst manager got extra large sachets for the kenting lino!!

Now that a story I can believe in !!!!!