Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

Rhodes

I too keep a scrapbook. No need to send the whole newspaper though, just the front page of the newspaper and the page where the story lies.

If you could send it to my home address that would be much appreciated. Just tell me what I owe you for the trouble. Thanks.

You don't owe me anything, as you know I go that extra mile and besides you have already given Kentish Town four points this season which covers it nicely.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Rhodes I too keep a scrapbook

You're actually very dedicated to your team aren't you, perhaps I've under estimated and ridiculed you unfairly

Special1 - I don't think highly of myself, just the opposite infact and have always had an inferiority complex since I was at school getting bullied. No it's actually Eagles1981 that I've ridiculed and rightly so, can you describe him for us and what he looks like, I bet he's a dead ringer for Harry Potter.

Special1 - I meant to ask what it was like to shake hands with both 'the great one' and Hector Valera last Saturday, our two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches, have you actually washed your right hand since. I understand that you have had previous dealings with Hector and are a great admirer of the way he operates, he's a master tactician isn't he.

I think he did touch on it but I took his comments with a pinch of salt as why would a team who has just been promoted from park football turn down a UEFA 'A' qualified Coach. If, in the unlikely event, it is true then I think there is more to it and Hector probably turned you down, you also say that you had an opportunity to sign our former Colombian Youth International Javier Rivera but again turned him away from Reynolds Field when he knocked on the door so it just doesn't make any sense.

Rhodes, just remind us of where Kentish Town came from to be in SSMFL, and what was their record in men's football before that? 10 -15 lines will do!

(Speaking as a member of a club with 100 years history in the game, all at the same ground)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think he did touch on it but I took his comments with a pinch of salt as why would a team who has just been promoted from park football turn down a UEFA 'A' qualified Coach. If, in the unlikely event, it is true then I think there is more to it and Hector probably turned you down, you also say that you had an opportunity to sign our former Colombian Youth International Javier Rivera but again turned him away from Reynolds Field when he knocked on the door so it just doesn't make any sense.

I don't like it when my word is doubted so for your information: I can show you his letter of application (dated 27/4/07), copies of his CRB, certificates, CV etc.
As for Javier, at no point did I say I had an opportunity to sign him. I urge you to re-read what you mis-understood and correct yourself accordingly. smile

All I said was that I find it totally unbelievable that your Club should turn down the services of a UEFA 'A' qualified Coach particularly someone of Hector Varela's calibre who has the unique ability of getting players to eat out of the palm of his hand. He would have succeeded in calming down a lot of your wayward and over exciteable players as has been the case at Kentish Town and told them that trying to con Referees is not the way it's done in England.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
All I said was that I find it totally unbelievable that your Club should turn down the services of a UEFA 'A' qualified Coach particularly someone of Hector Varela's calibre who has the unique ability of getting players to eat out of the palm of his hand. He would have succeeded in calming down a lot of your wayward and over exciteable players as has been the case at Kentish Town and told them that trying to con Referees is not the way it's done in England.

I think you're making your players sound like animals at some pet farm and Hector as some Dr Doolittle wink Not a good thing. Haven't your players learnt how to use a knife and fork yet?

Secondly, one of the main reasons we did not consider him was his obvious disregard for rules when playing at the Inner City World Cup. Fortunate for him that the organiser was his mate and didn't have the balls to disqualify his team despite our protest and Russia's protest. His colleague's statement was and I quote: "We do it every year. You can do it too."

Originally Posted By: Horace
Rhodes, just remind us of where Kentish Town came from to be in SSMFL, and what was their record in men's football before that? 10 -15 lines will do!

(Speaking as a member of a club with 100 years history in the game, all at the same ground)

Horace,

Congratulations for having 100 years history, but I believe we are 1 league lower than you so by my calculations we have about 90 years to move up 1 league to be where you are after 100 years!

You know what I am getting at, Willo. Why does Rhodes have to be so insulting to other clubs, when the club he is with for the time being has achieved significantly less than the club he's badmouthing? That is the side of him which causes me to dislike him.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Secondly, one of the main reasons we did not consider him was his obvious disregard for rules when playing at the Inner City World Cup

Er hold on a minute, Colombia won the Inner City World Cup last year and this is Javier Rivera lifting the trophy. You don't seem the sort of guy to do sour grapes unlike Eagles1981:

http://www.footballchatter.com/forum/ama...-champions.html