Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

Wader - I'm surprised by that as after what has come to light this week you will be able to assess the game, both pre match and post match, from a neutral perspective as you don't support either team

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato
as SLB are one of my local clubs I will be slightly favouring them!)

Lato - That's actually disappointing to hear and doesn't really make any sense, just because you live local to a Club surely that doesn't mean you automatically have cause to show favouritism to them. I live a stones throw away from Bill Nicholson Way but don't even look for Spurs's results.

I can read you like a book rhodes.

Yes but when you studied in the North East in your youth did you support Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington, that's where I'm coming from and the point I'm trying to get across

No I went to watch Heaton Stannington occasionally and also Gateshead.

Greg Dyke - That's a point you've lost in the prediction league then. Anyway I thought you would be en route to Shrewsbury by now.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but when you studied in the North East in your youth did you support Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington, that's where I'm coming from and the point I'm trying to get across

And I thought you were a born and bred Londoner, Rhodes!

Actually nothing would surprise me about Eagles1981. You are a man of mystery yourself, which SSML Club do you follow out of interest and why is your name so similar to mine.

Just leaving home for the game, if there is a computer at Reynolds Field I'll ask if I can log on to post the half time and full time score as I know there is huge interest in the outcome particularly at McMullen Park and Ostlers Lane today

Well I think it’s fair to say that the points being shared was right result for this game. It is a great shame there was no goals but this was down to some very fine goalkeeping from both keepers (and a post). The game was played in good spirit by both teams with only 1 yellow card midway through the 2nd half (he was probably lucky that the game was played in such a good manner as it was a very messy challenge from behind).

Special 1 – Your team play better football when they are not chucking themselves on the floor every five second. PS What happened to the hot water in the away changing room showers ??????????????????????????????????????????

Eagles – I’m a bit disappointed that there were no watercress sandwiches, which you promised, but quite a nice spread.

Lato – What was your view of the game? (as a neutral/slightly home bias spectator)

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Lato – What was your view of the game? (as a neutral/slightly home bias spectator)

Lato was his usual cheerful self this afternoon, he's a nice guy but I find myself treading on egg shells all the time when I'm in his company and every sentence I make is analysed down to the smallest detail. Anyway I hope he enjoyed his pint of Fosters and we're quits now from the pint he kindly bought me on Thursday 3 August 2006.
As for the game Willow the Cat probably summed it up but Sport London e Benfica can be thankful that Jonathan Donoghue was suspended.

Originally Posted By: Horace
What about the Latics' win at Goodison, Willo! Incredible!

Horace

Really drinkies did they, I hadn’t notice yay much grin. I called it in the clubhouse before the game. Not won at Goodison Park since 1920 ha ha. We also won the F&C performance of the week for the trouncing we gave Leeds the week before!

What happened at your game? frown

They scored a goal and we didn't! We had plenty of chances but missed them all. They are unbeaten in nine leagu games now so they are no mugs, but we should have won.

I actually thought it was an interesting game between two contrasting approachs.

SLB played some nice football but lacked a cutting edge up front (a view shared by Jose who I had a brief post match chat with after the game). They had the better of most of the game but the Kentish Town keeper made some fine saves though his kicking was a bit ropey. They also hit the post after a fine move dissected the Kentish Town defence like a knife through butter. SLB also had the man of the match in their number 10 at the back who read the game well.

Kentish Town in my opinion came for a draw (perhaps influenced by the absence of Donoghue due to suspension) basically just leaving Lee Scott upfront and playing the ball quickly to him hoping his pace and skill could manufacture something.The visitors had a good spell at the end of the first half when Scott drew a fine save from the home keeper but only in the last ten minutes did they really go for it and they had chances to snatch the game which would have been a little against the run of play.

Its the first time I've seen Kentish Town and to be honest I was expecting more from them in terms of organisation and shape. It would suggest that UEFA coaching courses aren't the be all and end all especially if you have two people with them (maybe they contradict each other)

As for rhodes well he was his usual self. I didn't recognise him as he had jeans on rather than the usual brown suit. Yes he bought me a pint but I think he was irked that I wouldn't rise to his bait to discuss those who post on here in great detail. He did admit he had underestimated the appeal of Peter Sellers but said it was just a bit of fun as is much of what he writes on this board.

To be honest he was actually quite rude at one point as he just walked off in mid conversation perhaps because I wouldn't engage him in what HE wanted to talk about. I won't hold that against him as I think its just his nature.

Originally Posted By: Lato

Its the first time I've seen Kentish Town and to be honest I was expecting more from them in terms of organisation and shape. It would suggest that UEFA coaching courses aren't the be all and end all especially if you have two people with them (maybe they contradict each other)

It's not the coaching staff Lato, they compliment each other perfectly. The boys know it wasn’t the best performance of the season and they were left with no uncertainty what is expected from them by the DoF in the coming days/weeks and months.

As for the game I still stand by my right result for the game as the SLB keeper had just as many fine saves to make as Neil.