Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

TheSpursFan - Is Merthyr Tydfil rough then, you seem to be talking from experience. I think Joey Barton is a lost cause, whereas the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Kieran Dyer, Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate have all learned from their mistakes off the field of play Barton never does

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Bitch I think it was joey barton who stubbed his cigar out in the youth teams goalkeeper eye at the man city christmas do.

he has just got out on bail on assault charges and he has a scouse accent.

worse I think he may be a closet arsenal fan

And there lies the crime. No forgiveness smile

i went to merthyr for the weekend when spurs played in the league cup final, as a friend knew someone who had a hotel in merthyr which is nearer cardiff than london (just)

when I drove into town the first sight (about 17.30 friday) was a young girl falling into the road. fair play the cider didnt get spilt t;hough the baby fell out of the pushchair

when we met up with the friends friends they alloacted a minder to each one of us which turned out to be necessary. pity we all got so p1sed we forgot who was who.

the best bit of advice was dont drink out of the bottles the rats have been p1ssing on them.

We went to a night club (sensible me!) and it was my round. right we are all having lager lads I m not doing the waiter job says I.

18 buds please I asked for . you realise that will cost 18 pounds said the bargirl.

thats ok says I

well ill need the money first she said. God dont get a twenty pound note out in here said the minder youll get mugged.

went for the chinese onthe way home six of us left standing.

lots of very drunk scary initimidating 20 stone thugs in the chinese and some of their husbands were with them.

what do you normally see in a chinese i asked my fellow englishmen.

food ? none

menus perhaps?

none

a till ?no

waiters no.

you put the money through a hatch, went out another door where I assume you got however much house special you had paid for.

we left slowly and quietly through the entrance, got on the street when my intelligent pal decided it would be best to pretend we were welsh so started the yaki dah jonesy rugby isnt it lovely boy Tom Jones.

cardiff was nice.gay but nice.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Hector assured me that nothing untoward went on and I believe him as he seems to be an honourable and likeable guy. Anyway I'm sure you had no complaints when Christiano Ronaldo got Wayne Rooney sent off in Germany in 2006 and gave his little wink, it seems that if a decision goes against you it's crime of the century but if it goes in your favour then it's perfectly fine.

What has one thing got to do with the other?

Just for clarification, (I know it won't be a popular response especially with Bitch) Cristiano Ronaldo did not get Rooney sent off.

How can Cristiano Ronaldo be blamed for Rooney stamping on Ricardo Carvalho's nuts after the whistle went?
How can Cristiano Ronaldo be blamed for an International Referee making the wrong decision?

Cristiano Ronaldo may be the victim of clever editing by the BBC. Yes. The wink. Acknowledging a comment that one of the coaches was saying to him while he walked over to get a drink, 1 minute 20 secs AFTER the event. NOTHING to do with the incident itself.

All of England was duped by the papers to sell more and the BBC, were to blame for stirring it up.

"England never do that to referees by trying to put pressure on them" Yeah right! "Are we too honest?" Just like Shearer was against Romania?

And you're talking to me about, and I quote: "a decision goes against you it's crime of the century".

You're comparing a Mickey Mouse Park tournament that broke its own rules just because the tournament director was great pals with one team and FIFA's World Cup? Please. No comparison.

It is no surprise they won it this year. And it will be no surprise if they win it next year either.

The reason you have 22 players in the squad is that if you reach the finals, you will play 7 games over one weekend. Now if you have one team playing on the Saturday which is the group section, and then you have a new, fresh legged team playing on the Sunday, you have a vast advantage over teams that play by the rules. No need to know anything about rocket science here.

That was what was untoward. Despite the tournament director acknowledging what they had done was against the rules, he felt the need to ask me, as if there was ever any doubt, "What do you expect me to do? Disqualify them?"

There was nothing else to do!

Special1 - I'm assuming that you were involved with the Portuguese team at the tournaments in both 2006 and 2007, where did they finish out of interest. You are right that the tournament is not exactly the FIFA World Cup however it's an important annual Community event that has grown in prestige and popularity over the years and not 'Mickey Mouse' as you describe. I wonder if Portugal had won it whether you would have had the same view, it's exactly the same when Sport London e Benfica lose a match and you immeditely search high and low for an excuse, it seems like second nature to you.

when Sport London e Benfica lose a match and you immeditely search high and low for an excuse, it seems like second nature to you.

Seems to be 2nd nature to a number of posters on here!!!! When was the last time someone came on and said we were rubbish, they were better? Its basically what every game comes down to, one team plays better than the other and that team normally wins. You get the odd game where the poorer team triumphs, but surely this cannot be a weekly occurence as seems the case with ceratin sides here?

It certainly seems to be the case with Sport London e Benfica on a regular basis however I think that's just part and parcel of their make up and latin temperament, I just wish that they would hold their hands up for a change one week and say we were beaten by the better team as people would think far more highly of them.

You are right that the tournament is not exactly the FIFA World Cup however it's an important annual Community event that has grown in prestige and popularity over the years and not 'Mickey Mouse' as you describe.

I think the point he was making is that the organisation of the tournament was Mickey Mouse, not the actual tournament itself. (If you ever get involved in a youth side that plays in the Eastern Junior Alliance, you'll get some idea of how a competition can provide superb competitive football on the field but be a complete and utter shambles off it!)

It certainly seems to be the case with Sport London e Benfica on a regular basis however I think that's just part and parcel of their make up and latin temperament, I just wish that they would hold their hands up for a change one week and say we were beaten by the better team as people would think far more highly of them.

Yes SLB certainly seem guiltyof this along with another Div 1 side that seem to find the blame for their defeats always lies with someone or something else.

Yes McMullen is guilty of doing that too, Bedford lost 5-0 and 6-0 respectively to Sport London e Benfica and Royston but you would have thought that they should have won the games from what he reported afterwards.

They knew exactly what they were doing. By their admission they did it every year.

For Rhodes information, despite the organisation asking us to come back to the tournament, we refused until an apology was given. As none was received, my Portugal team did not take part in 2007.