Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Special1
One of the things that Lato said to me after the game was that he could not see what people were going on about

Yes I noticed that you were as thick as thieves with Lato after the game, obviously he's bound to say that isn't he

Jose came over to me after the game and asked my opinion of both sides and the match. He actually didn't totally share my views of Kentish Town that they lacked shape and cohesion on the day compared to his side. I also spent a long time talking to you rhodes about surprise surprise your image on this forum and why people regard you as a laughing stock, something which I accept you may not intend to create.

I do not agree with Lato on his analysis of the game on Saturday, although I was not there for the whole match, I very quickly got into the game; SLeB was great with the ball, using a 3-5-2 formation when in possession, using the whole pitch very well to create space for their runs, 2 very offensive fullbacks, very secure in the centre of defense where the big black guy was fantastic, I think he was the captain number 10, in the centre of the midfield they played most of the time 3 players who whilst I was there controlled everything in that department, but up front although they moved well and cleverly they were not up to the task because Kentish Town defensive shape was very good, very clever and well drilled, they had a good reader of the game at the back ( the captain) shifting across and using zonal marking in defense and midfield, they denied SLeB time and space.

Surely due to all the players missed at the game due to suspensions, injuries and holidays there were no goals, but the good football I watched in 38 minutes (without diving) made me change my mind about both teams, and this is surely due to the great work done in both clubs.

Lato said that one of the teams lacked shape and cohesion?

What game were you watching?

Don’t talk to Rhodes too much.

Rhodes mention a midfielder, well yes, he was great with the ball, good vision, great technique but too slow, although to be fair SLeB closed him down very well.

Congratulations to both clubs, ROYSTON will have a real battle against them.

Smithcharles42 - You make a great assessment of the game and I think Sport London e Benfica went up in everyone's estimation on Saturday because they concentrated on their football and didn't dive or try to trick the Referee every five minutes, hopefully the Special1 has finally drummed this into them. Our defence did perform well particularly the Captain as you say, Tom

'Beckenbaur' McMullen, and also the strong number 4 Thomas Kanaris although what do you expect if we have two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches at the Club, one of which learned everything he knows at Ajax.

Lastly I was amused by your comment about Lato which got me thinking, maybe he wasn't there afterall and it was his doppelganger I was talking to particularly taking into account his wide of the mark comments.

Originally Posted By: Smithcharles42
Rhodes mention a midfielder, well yes, he was great with the ball, good vision, great technique but too slow, although to be fair SLeB closed him down very well.

He was playing most of the game with a broken bloody nose, he probably was finding it hard to breath - not an excuse as you have pointed out both sides defended very well.

I didn't even give this comment the time of day as it was too ridiculous for words, you're talking about a former Colombian Youth International who has played in the Argentinian first division, Sport London e Benfica had a Don Revie style dossier on him and did their utmost to kick him out of the game in the first 30 seconds, Vinny Jones on Steve McMahon 1988 style

Rhodes mention a midfielder, well yes, he was great with the ball, good vision, great technique but too slow, ...

Since I've known him, he has been too slow and unfit. That's why he probably never made it because football is about physical fitness too and not just technical ability. If he trained properly and got his physical fitness to somewhere near a decent level, he could be a great player. At the moment, he is just too slow.

Originally Posted By: Special1

Rhodes mention a midfielder, well yes, he was great with the ball, good vision, great technique but too slow, ...

Since I've known him, he has been too slow and unfit. That's why he probably never made it because football is about physical fitness too and not just technical ability. If he trained properly and got his physical fitness to somewhere near a decent level, he could be a great player. At the moment, he is just too slow.

You could be talking about blues06!

Originally Posted By: Lato
I also spent a long time talking to you rhodes about surprise surprise your image on this forum and why people regard you as a laughing stock, something which I accept you may not intend to create.

He's not viewed as a laughing stock tongue

Hi, Bitch! I'm confused - who isn't regarded as a laughing stock?

You've all been waiting for it folks and here it is, Saturday's match report:

http://www.createforum.com/ktfc/viewtopic.php?t=19&mforum=ktfc

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Rhodes is not viewed as a laughing stock

Bitch - Thanks for your support, how was your birthday yesterday by the way

I don't know who penned this report but they certainly weren't at the same game I was at:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/sportlondonebenficafc/1stteam/fixtures_table.pl?action=report

Special1 - Was there a match report in your local paper today, we had a small piece in both the New Camden Journal and Islington Gazette if you want me to send copies over, c/o your greasy spoon. Like me you may keep cuttings in a scrap book although for us it's a full time job in itself to maintain one and it's already bursting at the seams this season:

http://www.thecnj.com/camden/2008/011008/sports011008_02.html