Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SLB v Kentish Town - 5 Jan 08

No I still think SLB shaded it overall and deserved a win more on the day.

Lato - Good to see you again today and I'm glad you were more civil than you were at Hamilton Hall in June although that was possibly because you didn't have your partner in crime Spidermanor with you, it was the first time I haven't seen you joined at the hip. Anyway I hope you enjoyed your pint of Fosters.

Willo, it's a shame you didn't introduce yourself yesterday. Would have been nice to put a face to who I'm talking to on here.

Unfortunately the water for the showers comes from a cylinder and therefore, it is on a first come, first serve basis. KT, I think, took a while to get off the pitch and so the referees smile used all the hot water!

The type of football we play is what you saw yesterday. Our first game with you guys was not a good example, it was a crap game of football. I think had we scored yesterday, then we would have punished you further, but as it happened neither team was sharp in front of goal and both keepers played well.

I think we maybe deserved to get more than just a draw in terms of the number of opportunities we created but as we pushed forward in the second half, we were always risking the danger of conceding.

So the 0-0 was a safe result for both teams. A win would have meant excellent progress for either side (seeing as Haringey lost) but it just wasn't to be.

Special1 - He was about 20 yards from you the whole game in the away dugout. Incidentally I went out of my way to observe you from where I was and, as was the case at the Copthall Stadium, you did not move a muscle for the entire ninety minutes and just stood statuesque, Statue of Liberty style. Furthermore I'm sure the cold showers in the away dressing room was gamesmanship on your part, Hanwell Town would not be allowed to get away with cold showers in the Premier Division.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Special1 - He was about 20 yards from you the whole game in the away dugout. Incidentally I went out of my way to observe you from where I was and, as was the case at the Copthall Stadium, you did not move a muscle for the entire ninety minutes and just stood statuesque, Statue of Liberty style. Furthermore I'm sure the cold showers in the away dressing room was gamesmanship on your part, Hanwell Town would not be allowed to get away with cold showers in the Premier Division.

you didnt go to watch the game then?

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Originally Posted By: Special1
Willo, it's a shame you didn't introduce yourself yesterday. Would have been nice to put a face to who I'm talking to on here.

Our paths crossed more than once on Saturday, however, I do like to keep some mystery surrounding myself. brille008

Rhodes told me, you were the lad who kept on getting the balls from the half way line. By the way, you could teach your keeper how to kick a ball.

Good game between SLeB and KTFC, arrived late and had to leave early. that was good football, very refreshing to watch continental like football in the Spartan League.

I can honestly say that I only had to watch a few minutes of this game to appreciate the good football that these two teams are playing, although as we all know that both teams were not with their best eleven players due to suspensions, holidays etc, it was clear by watching both teams that they practice and share a different approach and philosophy about how the game should be played.

I beleve now that the best football on this league is played by SLeB and KTFC, but to be promoted they will have to fight till the end, will they be strong enough to fight against Royston, Stony and Hoddesdon ? we will see.

By the way, when SLeB stop diving they are great to watch.

Congratulations to both teams.

Can I ask Rhodes, Willo,Eagles and Special1 to share their football philosophy with as ?

Smithcharles42 - That's a great post that will create a lot of talking points later today, it's a shame you weren't able to stay and introduce yourself. By the way Lato was at the game too, he told me that he wasn't overly impressed by Kentish Town and the football we played, what did you think of our number 10 by the way, a former Colombian Youth International and West Ham trialist!

Smithcharles42, change of tune I think from some earlier posts I read.

"SLB lacked what they have been lacking during the whole tournament; COACHING" being one of them.

My coaching couldn't have improved that quickly. But I acknowledge that a turnaround in your comments must have been difficult to conclude.

This 'diving' talk, however, is getting very boring now. You should really change the record.

One of the things that Lato said to me after the game was that he could not see what people were going on about.

To be honest, I think it is down to the fact we have foreign players in the team; the foreign players in the professional game have got all the blame in the press about diving; and all it takes is one or two people to mention it to potentially give it some credibility.

If you're going to play a short passing game, you are always going to draw sliding challenges, usually as possession % is lost and frustration sets in. Most at this level are mis-timed and alot are not with the purpose to necessarily get the ball(I should be a politician smile ). So if players anticipate the challenge by riding it and still getting hit, it just shows that the challenge was not meant for the ball but for the player instead. Self-preservation is all important. There is nothing worse than having to sit out games due to injuries from wreckless challenges, especially those unpunished by officials!

I can only go by the two times I've seen SLeB this season and they do go to ground far to easily (I'm being quite conservative there!!) and the sound effects that accompany the fall are quite amusing to say the least!

Originally Posted By: Special1
One of the things that Lato said to me after the game was that he could not see what people were going on about

Yes I noticed that you were as thick as thieves with Lato after the game, obviously he's bound to say that isn't he

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
I can only go by the two times I've seen SLeB this season and they do go to ground far to easily (I'm being quite conservative there!!) and the sound effects that accompany the fall are quite amusing to say the least!

NeutralFan, those bouncing images are affecting your eyesight and hearing by the sounds of it. smile

What two games by the way? I read somewhere you were present in the first game with Hoddesdon but after that ... ?

Originally Posted By: Smithcharles42
Can I ask Rhodes, Willo, Eagles and Special1 to share their football philosophy with as ?

How long do you have, what aspect are you interested in