Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

John Mackie signs for Urchins

Uncle Urchin

Does anyone have any info on Jamie Richards please - the ETU web site is not much use, and I cannot find any info anywhere else. All I can find is that he previously played for Enfield FC.

John Mackie – centre half – first senior club was Crawley, 1998/99, then Sutton Utd until October 1999, where he made eight appearances before joining Reading.. Made 85 appeaances (3 goals) plus one appearance on loan at Sutton Utd and then joined Leyton Orient in January 2004. Played 119 times for Orient (eleven goals) before signing for Brentford in July 2007, where he became club captain and made 16 appearances. Joined Hornchurch January 2008.

Please see the e-mail that I received earlier:

"Jamie Richards is a good looking lad. The ladies will like him!

On a football front I played with him at Enfield and he works his socks off!! Not a bad finisher although he is not prolific, but will do well by the fans purely coz of his work rate."

My source, who is obvoiusly gay, shall remain nameless! smile

Good Luck to both new players !

However, a small word of caution on Mackie, he was found wanting at League 2 level....(which seriously, with the exception of 2 clubs is not far off Conf South level)

He was too wuiet as a captain, and often got involved in petty squables, when he needed to be organising his team.

He had a bad run of injuries and I dont believe he was ever fully fit for the Bees....he was playing in pain, and sadly, not playing well...He did the decent thing and left the club, by mutual consent

Good luck John !

Thanks Annie - here's the updated pen pic -

Jamie Richards – forward – started as a junior at Tottenham Hotspur and then played for Enfield, St Margaretsbury, Leyton Pennant, East Thurrock United and Arlesey Town, and joined Braintree in December 2002. Went to Hayes in June 2003, and then to St Albans City in November 2003,Rejoined Braintree Town in January 2004, and again joined Enfield in July 2004. Went to East Thurrock Utd and signed for Hornchurch in January 2008.

Did he play for Chelmo once?

Another slight update - thanks Yellow, but when he left Chelmsford, did he go to ETU or was there somewhere else in between?

Jamie Richards – forward – started as a junior at Tottenham Hotspur and then played for Enfield, St Margaretsbury, Leyton Pennant, East Thurrock United and Arlesey Town, and joined Braintree in December 2002. Went to Hayes in June 2003, and then to St Albans City in November 2003,Rejoined Braintree Town in January 2004, and again joined Enfield in July 2004. Played for Chelmsford 2005/06 and scored the first ever goal at their new stadium. Went to East Thurrock Utd and signed for Hornchurch in January 2008.

Mackie was quality for Orient.

Helped keep us in keep us in league 1 last season along with Donny Barnard.

Can't say why it didn't work at Brentford.

Another reason to call us O.F.C. Hornchurch