Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Result (Disaster)

enfieldiansr

It looks as though the poor home form is now creeping into the away performances . The confidence isn't there and the current managment appear to have no idea how to reinstall it . I think its time they stood down and give a new managment team time to get ready for next season . I have no doubt the pro jim wets of the outer circle will be on my back that jims a great bloke and he'll get it right ..... but how many more years do we have to wait ???? A few more I suspect.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
... I have no doubt the pro jim wets of the outer circle will be on my back that jims a great bloke and he'll get it right ..... but how many more years do we have to wait ???? A few more I suspect.

I sincerley hope not! That wouldn't be progression would it?

Wagga I treated myself to a new set of clubs on Friday & put mine in part exchange, however they wouldn't take the drivers as they were illeagle??? The guy then gave me some bull as to why they couldnt be used in matchplay, they were only three years old so havnt a clue.

The Hat set off from the first tee useing them, but by the 4th tee after slicing his first two balls some 90 degrees and about 20 feet in distance, had to borrow a ball from Rock Steady as his bag was well over 20 paces away and he wanted to conserve his energy!!! So my old clubs & Rock Steady's balls tut tut.

I however know exactly what was going wrong with my game mid way down the 3rd fairway........Fruit Pastiles/Wine Gums!! I found a packet in my golf bag & the very next hole got a birdie 2 then on the 8th a birdie 3 also got a par on the 7th.

Rocky Steady however had an olympic breakfast in the cafe so hey ho, what can you say! biglaugh

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Wagga I treated myself to a new set of clubs on Friday & put mine in part exchange, however they wouldn't take the drivers as they were illeagle??? The guy then gave me some bull as to why they couldnt be used in matchplay, they were only three years old so havnt a clue.
The Hat set off from the first tee useing them, but by the 4th tee after slicing his first two balls some 90 degrees and about 20 feet in distance, had to borrow a ball from Rock Steady as his bag was well over 20 paces away and he wanted to conserve his energy!!! So my old clubs & Rock Steady's balls tut tut.

I however know exactly what was going wrong with my game mid way down the 3rd fairway........Fruit Pastiles/Wine Gums!! I found a packet in my golf bag & the very next hole got a birdie 2 then on the 8th a birdie 3 also got a par on the 7th.

Rocky Steady however had an olympic breakfast in the cafe so hey ho, what can you say! biglaugh

Gotta admire RS's preparation cheeseburger and The Hat's efficiency bolt .
Greatest concerns are:
Are all your previously posted scores invalidated through the use of illegal drivers?
Are Fruit Pastiles/Wine Gums performance enhancing? hunk

By being illegal does that mean 25% of the drives you hit go within 90 degrees of where you were aiming?(Talking from personal experience here) smile

National Squad - 1st XI

Loc: Papworth Everard

Wagga I treated myself to a new set of clubs on Friday & put mine in part exchange, however they wouldn't take the drivers as they were illeagle??

Bloody hell Enfield Town wanting to exchange clubs, HMMM ring any bells. Enfield 1893 THE REAL Enfield

Originally Posted By: waggamick
.....Greatest concerns are:
Are all your previously posted scores invalidated through the use of illegal drivers?
Are Fruit Pastiles/Wine Gums performance enhancing?....

No as I never used them, (I had the famous Fazer ZR2 remember) couldn't hit a football with one let alone a golf ball, The Hat used them yesterday & hit every tee shot further than he has ever done!

As for the pastiles/wine gums Im not sure but I never go out without them!!

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
It looks as though the poor home form is now creeping into the away performances . The confidence isn't there and the current managment appear to have no idea how to reinstall it . I think its time they stood down and give a new managment team time to get ready for next season . I have no doubt the pro jim wets of the outer circle will be on my back that jims a great bloke and he'll get it right ..... but how many more years do we have to wait ???? A few more I suspect.

looks like JC has lost the backing of the supporters, the commitment from the team, but at least the board continue to back him.

we can look forward to playing Cheshunt and our 1664 friends from Ware next season.

I don't believe that Jim will ever stand down, he can't see the need to; and the board need to speak to Rock Steady to see if he has any spare balls.

But if the post was advertised now, wouldn't it be the case that the only respondents would be from teams below us in the league, and currently at clubs with less chance of advancement. I imagine that waiting opens the field up, which must be to our advantage. I wonder if it would be the same with players, with an added level of uncertainty about the future management structure.

I guess what it comes down to is to what extent a club can genuinely plan for next season, to it's maximum ability, with so much of this still left.

However a useful step might be to begin to reduce the size of the squad now, rather than a wholesale clear out at the end of the season. With more than adequate cover at U-18 level, a squad of 20 players should be more than sufficient from here. It might also serve to assist on the disciplinary front; I suspect that the youngsters would be much less wiling to give up a first team shirt once they got their hands on it.

I'd also note the extent to which Bury's young players outplayed their senior opponents yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
......With more than adequate cover at U-18 level, a squad of 20 players should be more than sufficient from here. It might also serve to assist on the disciplinary front......

I'd also note the extent to which Bury's young players outplayed their senior opponents yesterday......

Two very good points & I totally agree, however can you see the main culprits for our bad disciplinary record being off loaded by the present management team? No nor can I.

I believe a new leader at the helm with a fresh approach could with a bit of luck drag us into the play-offs, if not they are in place & ready for next season instead of coming in cold.

Maybe if we say an extra pray tonight......well you never know! happybouncer

I know i won't be popular for saying this, but if we can be dragged towards the play-offs,then Jim deserves to finish his work of trying to get us there.If it proves that the play-offs are genuinely out of reach in a months time, then i would agree with a change.

The only answer seems to be promotion or the manager leaves his position.I think nearly every fan agrees on this course of action (although we differ in how long we should leave it before acting).The only trouble will come IF neither happens.That could really devide the club.I hope the board won't be foolish enough to consider keeping the status quo IF we fail to go up again.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
But if the post was advertised now, wouldn't it be the case that the only respondents would be from teams below us in the league, and currently at clubs with less chance of advancement. I imagine that waiting opens the field up, which must be to our advantage. I wonder if it would be the same with players, with an added level of uncertainty about the future management structure.

I guess what it comes down to is to what extent a club can genuinely plan for next season, to it's maximum ability, with so much of this still left.

However a useful step might be to begin to reduce the size of the squad now, rather than a wholesale clear out at the end of the season. With more than adequate cover at U-18 level, a squad of 20 players should be more than sufficient from here. It might also serve to assist on the disciplinary front; I suspect that the youngsters would be much less wiling to give up a first team shirt once they got their hands on it.

I'd also note the extent to which Bury's young players outplayed their senior opponents yesterday.

It is scarey I know but I agree (again) with Sponsor!

It is just bloody painful to go to each match and see a Town team outplayed off the pitch.

Bring on the U18's there are 6 or 7 who can more than do the business for town and release a few underperforming contract players. Maybe that will free some money to pay the innevitable FA fines.