Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Result (Disaster)

enfieldiansr

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I know i won't be popular for saying this, but if we can be dragged towards the play-offs,then Jim deserves to finish his work of trying to get us there..........

The issue is we WERE in the play off places, and only a couple of points off top spot, the poor play, poor team selection, and lack of discipline mens we are being "dragged" further down the league.

the time for change is NOW

The silence from the board room is deafening, we know they read the forum, on a regular basis, and have even posted, recently, but the current crisis in form needs addressing by the board, their usual head in the sand/clouds style of management is not working. Some form of open communication is needed.

Are the board happy with the current management team?
Are they happy with the results
If they are going to take any action, when?
Does JC have the dreared vote of confidence?

Headline should read "3-0 defeat flatters Enfield Town".

If there was ever a match to highlight the fact that we have not got a team good enough to gain promotion, it was this one. I have pretty much kissed goodbye to our playoff chances now. We cannot afford to drop anymore points, but with the fixtures that we have remaining, let's face it, that ain't going to happen. I could easily see us finishing mid-table to be honest.

Saturday was embarrassing in my opinion (especially the 1st half), and the worst performance by Town all season. Apparently Aveley wasn't much better last week. Well done to Bury Town who thoroughly outplayed and out-competed us all over the pitch. We wouldn't have scored even if we had played for another 90 minutes, that is how poor we were. They were more up for it, were first to everything, and showed a lot more quality than us. We looked like a team that had been out on the piss!!

The team needs a shake-up, and players who aren't performing need to lose their place, as I feel certain experienced heads are taking their place for granted. They need to know that they have to raise their game to keep certain youngsters out. It is time for Mitchell, Marshall and Velandia to get a place in the starting XI more regularly to freshen things up, in what I see as a very stale midfield. Oh how we miss Kofi, he is quality (is he back next week, or got one more game out?) Ozie deserves to get his chance also - when will we learn that we can't play 2 little fellas up top? BH and RC have been poor for weeks now, and need to give way to others if they aren't delivering - I feel that the older heads have too bigger say in the running of the side. Andre made some good saves and kept the score respectable, but you cannot ignore the fact that he is costing us goals with his poor handling!!

I would like to see the following side next Saturday:

Hasler

Nay, Heald, Tickner, Bastian

Marshall*, Velandia, Nyamah, Mitchell*

Crace, Foster

*If Deane is fit I would put him on the left and put Max in Marshall's place.

Campbell is a shadow of the player he used to be, and his fitness/work rate has become unacceptable. Simpson and Jones didn't show any quality on the ball on Saturday, and BH at the moment is well off the pace. Midfield gave no support to the back four by constantly giving the ball away, and for the amount that Heald and Tickner had to do, I do not blame them for the result. Tactically we were all over the shop and couldn't string 3 passes together.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I know i won't be popular for saying this, but if we can be dragged towards the play-offs,then Jim deserves to finish his work of trying to get us there..........

The issue is we WERE in the play off places, and only a couple of points off top spot, the poor play, poor team selection, and lack of discipline mens we are being "dragged" further down the league.

the time for change is NOW

The silence from the board room is deafening, we know they read the forum, on a regular basis, and have even posted, recently, but the current crisis in form needs addressing by the board, their usual head in the sand/clouds style of management is not working. Some form of open communication is needed.

Are the board happy with the current management team?
Are they happy with the results
If they are going to take any action, when?
Does JC have the dreared vote of confidence?

I've very confused here. I agree that maybe some sort of communication from the board might be needed, but via what media? Certainly not on an open chatsite forum where comments can be read by anyone, ETFC supporter on not. Similarly, comments criticising board/manager/team can also be posted by anyone, so you can hardly blame the board if they don't take notice of or reply to postings here.

It seems to me that this is our club, or at least everyone who is a member anyway. Day to day control via 300 members is unworkable. You have to trust the board that is elected by the members. If what those who post on here are saying is that they no longer have faith in the board, or the decisions it makes, then within the framework of the trust there must be rules for no confidence meetings. If sufficient people are unhappy with what is happening, then call a meeting and vote the present incumbents off. However, if there is not the support to do that, then trust (forgive the pun) the officers we elected. wink

Jim chandler has resigned he left after saturdays game lets hope he takes the others with him.

Who the feck is postman pat & where do you get your info from? Please share! (Mind you I hope your right!)

Steph should you not be "looking before you leap" or do you have info to prove otherwise? Please share!

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
I would just like to thank whoever put on the club web-site that Bury Town were flattered by the scoreline, you've cheered me up no end.

A few Bury fans we chatted too, were chuckling at a similar sentence screamed at their bench by one of our fans, the bemusement on their faces was priceless!

Originally Posted By: Steph
I was sitting behind Jim on the coach on Saturday after the game!

Err oh that clears that up then thanks!! doah

Rock Steady sat behind me on Saturday after the game but I dont know if he has resigned his position or not!

C'mon Steph do you know for "DEFINATE" or not? Please Share!