Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Royston Town 12th March

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

New Bradwell - Yes Hammond played for about half an hour and we didn't need to kick him either as Hoddesdon did on Saturday, we simply kept him quiet thanks to the Don Revie style dossier we compiled

The Royston Crow is mistaken, obviously Paul Attfield would bring him on, injured or not, in the latter stages to try to get an equaliser:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED13%20Mar%202008%2013%3A31%3A24%3A740

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
...you have to hand it to Hector Valera for plotting Royston's downfall

All well and good and a great result, but you are making this (in various posts) to be a sort of David v Goliath match. I thought that Kentish Town were viable promotion candidates according to you all season long (not out of first gear etc, etc, etc). Are you really expecting us to now believe that 'Andorra have beaten Brazil?'

Here we go folks, an anorak from another's Forum was at the game last night and someone else who didn't make himself known to me, an interesting post though:

Kentish Town 1-0 Royston

Att. about 60

Prog & admission £4

Copthall Stadium is a strange venue for Step 6 football, an athletics track with a large elevated covered stand on one side with some terracing below, and some uncovered terracing on the other three sides (not in use). The quoted capacity of 9,900 looks a little optimistic though. No idea why Barnet FC were not allowed to move here, as the site could have been re-built on its existing footprint to provide a League standard stadium and there are no houses for 200 yards on any side, but that's local politics I guess.

As for the game, KT took the lead in the 22nd minute with a 15-yard strike and held on despite much Royston pressure in the second half. An entertaining game despite the pitch, which was poor - hard and uneven, not condusive to good football. Excellent tea bar - only 50p for a big mug of tea or coffee!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No we have been compiling it for about six weeks when the fixture was announced and have been keeping it firmly under our hats, it really is unprecedented at Step 6 level and you have to hand it to Hector Valera for plotting Royston's downfall

Hector got most of his info off of me last Saturday!!! He was askin me all sorts of questions, including if I knew what Attfields background was. Talk about thorough!!

Jonno - Thorough doesn't even begin to describe Hector, to be honest he drives everyone at Kentish Town mad due to his attention to detail, I thought I was bad but we all love him to bits. That's why it's so extraordinary that Sport London e Benfica showed him the door as they would be where we are now, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

That's because you know it's true, I know you're patriotic but at the end of the day the Inner City World Cup is just a bit of summer fun in Regents Park and not life or death, why do you take it so seriously

Special1 - How come you weren't in attendance on Wednesday like you said you would be, Emanuel was looking forward to seeing you again and shaking your hand as was Hector, we would have made you welcome