Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Royston Town 12th March

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Well looking at the weather forecast I'd say this fixture is very unlikely to go ahead, could setup an interesting end of season re-arranged fixture!

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Originally Posted By: Bitch
I can't imagine you starving after what you stuffed into your temple yesterday big boy! cheeseburger

Got rid of all that on the run in this morning arschkalt

Yes, those school runs can be hairy hairout

Judging by the weather forecast it will be an early mud bath for you, once i've made you eat dirt! laugh

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Well looking at the weather forecast I'd say this fixture is very unlikely to go ahead, could setup an interesting end of season re-arranged fixture!

Don't you worry about that I have already booked the day off. As long as it stops raining sometime Tuesday, I will do my best (with the groudsman) to get the game on

Folks - I will be updating this thread hourly during the course of the next few hours as I appreciate there is an unprecedented interest in the game tonight, I gather Willow the Cat is down at the palatial Copthall Stadium 'as we speak' sweeping water off the hallowed turf and sanding a number of soft areas, as long as there is no more heavy rain before kick off we should be fine. There will be a pitch inspection sometime this afternoon but if, as expected, Willow the Cat does his job it should pass with flying colours.

Cheers Rhodesy, the sooner we get a definite answer the better. I'll be getting nibbles and wine in specially to bring the big match atmosphere to my home for this big 'n'. excited

I don't want Rio straining himself, so make sure he's done a warm up before attending to the pitch. A bit of 'dancing in the sand' should do it cheerleader

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
There will be a pitch inspection sometime this afternoon but if, as expected, Willow the Cat does his job it should pass with flying colours.

That's a bit vague. I hope the info will be on your website (not just on here) so all the hoppers aren't disappointed.

http://nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=76540#76540

Also, with the game being so important, why aren't you out there helping Willo?

Hi Folks - Just a quick update from the Stadium that all is going extremely well and Willow the Cat has already swept most of the water off the hallowed turf, there should be no problems at all with this drying wind and the planned pitch inspection at about 4.00pm should just be a formality.

I will update you again about 12.00 so Bitch can make her way to Waitrose, I doubt they have a Lidl or Aldi in Tonbridge

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I will update you again about 12.00 so Bitch can make her way to Waitrose, I doubt they have a Lidl or Aldi in Tonbridge

grin, there is a Lidl, Sainsbury, Somerfields and Waitrose in Tonbridge.

I live in Royal Tunbridge Wells so will probably have a man servant deliver smile

Bitch - Just a quickie, did you see this on another's Forum, were you there:

Tonbridge Angels 3 Heybridge Swifts 0

We had a lovely evening at Longmead. Superb programme; good food and a snifter of JD in the boardroom after the game. Alas, a low crowd for a game which was awful until 75 minutes when two substitutes came on and changed the whole match around. Final 15 minutes were splendid.

I am now so confident that this evenings game will go ahead that I am publishing a sneak preview of the programme notes from our 56 page programme which is all printed up and ready to go:

WEDNESDAY 12th MARCH 2008 7.45pm Issue 15 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v ROYSTON TOWN

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Royston Town Football Club to our home for the evening. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Gary Hart from Watford and his two Assistants, Mr Steven Pordes from Harrow and, late replacement, Mr Martyn Cannon from Colindale, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr Hart’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Our last fixture here against Winslow United was by no means a classic, or a cake walk for that matter, however we did enough to secure the three points thanks to two second half strikes from Lee Scott when it looked like it might not be our day against the basement side. Since then Winslow have embarked on an impressive unbeaten run which included a 5-3 home victory over one of our promotion rivals New Bradwell St Peter, indeed it would appear that many of the current teams below mid table are more than capable of beating any of the promotion contenders on their day.

This was very much the case when we travelled to Arlesey Athletic’s Hitchin Road home in our last match on 1 March and found ourselves two goals in arrears after just eight minutes of the proceedings as Arlesey exploded out of the traps. It was only after the interval that we woke up from our slumbers following a stern talking to in the dressing room with tea cups flying in all directions, Lee Scott quickly pulled us level on 47 and 58 minutes with two trademark strikes however despite peppering the home goal it was Arlesey who eventually got the winner on 86 minutes. Fortunately for Town all of our promotion rivals have since dropped points so our defeat at Hitchin Road has not been quite as catastrophic as it first seemed, with no fixture last Saturday we took the opportunity of sending a delegation to spy on Hoddesdon Town and Royston Town who met head on at Lowfield and the pulsating 2-2 stalemate suited us down to the ground. Last nights postponement of Haringey Borough and Hoddesdon at Coles Park also played conveniently into our hands however it is now down to us to halt Royston Town’s very impressive unbeaten run of seventeen matches.

We will all be in the company of greatness at the Barnet Copthall Stadium this evening and just for once this does not refer to Town’s own Head Coach Clement Temile. Royston’s Assistant Manager is no other than ex Tottenham and Ireland star Tony Galvin who played 262 times for Spurs winning two FA Cup winners medals in 1981 and 1982 and a UEFA Cup winners medal in 1984. Tony has also played 29 times for the Emerald Isle and was part of the squad at the 1988 European Championship Finals, his other Club’s include Sheffield Wednesday and Swindon Town where he was Assistant at the County Ground to Osvaldo Ardiles. Tony has never forgotten his roots when he first started out playing for Goole Town in the Northern Premier League prior to being spotted and his heart is now very much at grass roots level having recently helped Herts Senior County League outfit Buntingford Town reach the second round proper of the prestigious FA Youth Cup. Royston’s experienced Manager Paul Attfield was also at Buntingford and the pair are close friends who have hit the ground running in no uncertain terms since arriving at Garden Walk.

Town travelled to Royston in November, albeit before the new regime arrived, and won 4-3 in a pulsating contest that had the Garden Walk faithful riveted to the spot. Our hosts started the better and scored after just two minutes of the proceedings, however Town weathered the storm and managed to pull a goal back just before the interval through Lee Scott. Town then proceeded to play some of their best football of the season and found themselves 4-1 ahead before taking their foot off the gas with twenty minutes remaining and allowing Royston to give us the fright of our lives in the remaining minutes. We would like to thank the Royston Committee once again for their kind hospitality on the night as the Club appeared to be falling apart around their ears however the hard work in getting back on their feet in such a short space of time has paid handsome dividends and in the prolific Craig Hammond Royston boast the division’s top marksmen who was brought in from Ridgeons Eastern Counties League Premier Division outfit Mildenhall Town in November for a reported four figure fee.

This evening’s fixture was originally scheduled for 29 December but was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, a match programme was produced for that game which will be available on a first come first served basis and will no doubt become a collectors item in the future.

Many thanks for coming out to the Barnet Copthall Stadium to spend your evening with us, enjoy the game and may the best team win.

Would love to read that, but I'm off to a high profile meeting where I'm going to rest my case!