Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wibbandune Last Night!

First of all I would like to say what an exciting and enjoyable game it was against Banstead.

Quite how they left with no points is still a little puzzling but, I guess, the old adage of putting the ballin the net is what it is all about!

I know there is another thread about the game (though there are no actual posts ABOUT the game) but I have to report a sad event.

A car was broken into on the other side of the A3 and a £300 satnav was stolen. We did manage to get a registration number of a car that "may" have been involved and the police have been notified.

This has been ongoing for a little while in the area and also at the Harlequins training ground just up the road.

We had been informed by the police and we have been vigilant re parking on our ground.

However, the surrounding roads are not our responsibility but I would just like to warn anybody visiting Wibbandune in the future of what is happening and I would suggest that you take extra care regarding valuables left in cars.

This is NOT an official statement from the club but the league has been/will be informed.

It is a shame that what happened overshadowed a great advertisement for the league on the pitch.

CC

Yeah a few car windows have been put in when parked over the other side from the ground unfortunately. I even believe Mick S had his van done over there earlier in the season. Mine was parked there last night but escaped unscathed.

As for the match, you're right Chris, it was quite exciting. As you say tho, gotta stick the ball in the back of the net. Thanks to your guys for the great hospitality, lovely cake and sandwiches!

Got it in one Ronald! It's all fun and games on here, nothing wrong with a bit of light hearted banter. Are you feeling a bit left out? I'm sure we can all try and include you a bit more if that's any help...

Of course tho, I'll have to clear it with Krooner and Gussy - they are the leaders after all!!

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
trs i was trying to work out how many AFC Dons fans there are in Dorkers and I know two. One works with me and one used to frequent the Old House at Home before it became a trendy wine bar!

Are you the latter?

I know one family of Dons fans, who used to follow the Chicks as well in the days of Lunn. One or two others about the town I think too. Wasn't me in the Old House at Home as don't usually go in there!

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
trs i was trying to work out how many AFC Dons fans there are in Dorkers and I know two. One works with me and one used to frequent the Old House at Home before it became a [color:#FF6666]trendy wine bar![/color]
Are you the latter?

A what ???

According to yesterdays Dorking Sad, it's apparently the cause of all the late night violence and drunkeness in West Street in the early hours, (ALLEGEDLY !)

A touch expensive these days too, so I'm informed.

I'm told the difference in cost of a pint of strong lager between that West Street hostlery and a certain, not to be mentioned, football club bar equates to nearly 50% !

There's socio-economics and and then theres the fact that at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask !

(taxi !!)

bolt

Shhhhh ! The local council might object !

Right - I'm off to the breezy sarf coast for an alcohol fuelled couple of days.

Hoping to be able to catch up on CCL results from a friends computer tomorrow morning or later this evening if still capable !