Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DFC - Bedfont Green: 08/03/2008

DFC Match Report.

Dorking failed to capitalise on the midweek win over Cobham, having the misfortune to meet one of the division's in form sides in Bedfont Green at the wrong time of the season, Green proving in the end just too strong for Dorking.

Dorking did match their visitors in an even first half, but Bedfont Green have only lost once since the turn of the year, that being a 1-0 defeat against runaway league leaders Merstham, and recently the Middlesex side had banged in an impressive four goals without reply at high flying Camberley Town, while Banstead were despatched by a similar scoreline last weekend.

Dorking had suffered bad news before the game that two of the players who had been instrumental in the win against Cobham were unable to play due to injury, Joshua Smith and Tony Jones both being unable to play after suffering midweek knocks. Also, important players Dan Lawrence and Danny Stassinos were carrying knocks so were only able to make the subs bench.

Dorking started brightly enough, Affiah sending a shot just over the bar in the opening 10 minutes as Dorking started the better side, but a scrappy goal for the visitors soon after put Dorking onto the back foot. A quick break had seen a Bedfont Green winger challenged by a Dorking defender, but a lucky ricochet saw the ball fall for the winger, his pinpoint cross having no element of luck about it as it found a Bedfont Green striker in the 6 yard box, his clinical finish giving Dorking keeper Chris Roberts little chance.

Dorking responded well to going behind, prompted by midfielder Paul McCormick, and several chances fell to Chicks, but the imposing visiting keeper did enough to keep his goal intact as the sides reached half time, although heavy rain since kick off was making for difficult conditions for both sides.

Whatever was in manager Tony Webb's half time team talk went out of the window within 2 minutes of the restart, hesitant defending being seized upon by the visitors, Ollie Barrett having the misfortune to head clear from his line but straight to a Bedfont Green striker who made no mistake from close range

Dorking had a chance to reduce the arrears almost immediately, but the big visiting keeper got down well to block Boniface as he looked likely to score.

Even at 2-0 down, Dorking looked lively, but a third for the visitors on the hour killed the game. Dorking had strong appeals for offside turned down by the officials, leaving Green the opportunity to wrap up the points.

For the final 30 minutes, Green played to soak up Dorking pressure, but hit Chicks on the break as their skilful strikers had the better of a tiring Dorking defence, but Chris Roberts was in good form to deny the visitors and ensure no further breach of his goal.

This was always going to be a tricky game for Chicks, as Bedfont Green are in excellent form at present, and with Merstham, were certainly the best side to visit Dorking this season. However, Chicks chances of staying up, in the face of the current hostile action being taken by their local authority, Mole Valley District Council, in moves supported and condoned by Cllr Derrick Burt, to end the very existence of the 100 year old club, was dealt a blow with the news that Raynes Park Vale, the side immediately above Dorking at the foot of the table, won at home to a flagging Bedfont side who had lost 9-1 in midweek to Colliers Wood. That result leaves Chicks 9 points adrift at the foot of the division with 9 games to play.

Dorking travel to Ash United on Saturday, while on Tuesday 18 March, Camberley Town are visitors to Meadowbank in a game which kicks off at 7-45pm.

Team:-

Chris Roberts

Gerry Howells

Lee Rodgers

Oliver Barret

Roy Newman

Dan Clayton

Lester Boniface

Paul McCormick

Alex Wheeler

Tyrone Walker

Julian Affiah

Dan Lawrence

Alex Hill

Danny Stassinos

Miguel Beesley

Tom Ahmed

Originally Posted By: Big J R
DFC Match Report.
However, Chicks chances of staying up, in the face of the current hostile action being taken by their local authority, Mole Valley District Council, in moves supported and condoned by Cllr Derrick Burt, to end the very existence of the 100 year old club,

I think in light of DFC's actions against this forum, inflamatory remarks of this kind should not be posted.

Originally Posted By: DorkingDave
Originally Posted By: Big J R
DFC Match Report.
However, Chicks chances of staying up, in the face of the current hostile action being taken by their local authority, Mole Valley District Council, in moves supported and condoned by Cllr Derrick Burt, to end the very existence of the 100 year old club,

I think in light of DFC's actions against this forum, inflamatory remarks of this kind should not be posted.

Or is it just that there are council elections coming up in May....

i dont think the actions of the council will see the demise of dfc , after the game i saw saturday it is doing the job all by itself . I do commend the efforts of Tony Webb but given what he has to work with he really has a tuff job . why does the current board sit down with myself and my brother and see what we can all do to help , i know for a fact that with a bit of work we can get the whole town behind us ALL and put DFC where it belongs back in the RYMAN league .

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
ah yes trs. dorking north is one of them.
the elections are some weeks after the court case though

wonder who else might be standing for election?

Half the MV seats are up for election.

I'm sure the MVDC Web-site will have which ones they are !

Not interested in standing.

Can't wait to see who's putting themselves forward against already serving Councillor's.

I do know that the seat of one Councillor who is a Vice-President of DFC is not due for election for another two years.

Weird concept in MVDC with the vote split over 4 years, two years apart.

Officials

President: Ingram Whittingham

Honourary Chairman: Jack Collins

Honourary Vice-Chairman: Ray Collins

Player-manager: Tony Webb

Head Coach: Peter Augustine

Safety Officer: Peter Knight

Programme editor: Bryan Bletso

Website editor: Vacant

Club shop manager: Vacant

Groundsman: Stan Waters

Don't see any vice presidents !!!

Officials
President: Ingram Whittingham
Honourary Chairman: Jack Collins
Honourary Vice-Chairman: Ray Collins
Player-manager: Tony Webb
Head Coach: Peter Augustine
Safety Officer: Peter Knight
Programme editor: Bryan Bletso
Website editor: Vacant
Club shop manager: Vacant
Groundsman: Stan Waters

Don't see any vice presidents !!!

Then why not buy an up-to-date programme DD ?

All current staff are in there !

Only a quid. Great value considering the prices of some other clubs !

Been banned BJR, consorting with the enemy. Why is the website not properly maintained?

Not my department.

bjr do you have an official role at the club, or do you do what you can to help?

Im not having a dig in any way, just wondering.

And I wonder if you could tell me why the club seems to be going public again about the council and councillors with the court case just days away?

And lastly, why the club now thinks its ok to air their side of things on here naming names etc, but "runs to teacher" when the "fans" air their views?