Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Gazette

dannyriding

Just a little bit confused to Mr hamiltons concerns over the Player of the Month award going to Dean Standen. He states that only 25-30 people vote on this forum and feels agrieved over the result. Luckily we live in a democracy where freedom of speech is a right but he does need to get his facts right - namely Dean did'nt climb the barrier to confront a supporter. Voting for a player to be MOTM or POTM is a harmless and some would say (RT) not that important - maybe we just like to show "WE" care.

Originally Posted By: AncientBlue
The moral of the overstated story is: If you are going shout your mouth off from the rooftops, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

AB do not know if you are entilled to have these thoughts. Have you supported MFC as long as Christine's husband 1975 was it notwink

A Mr Hamilton who has been a fan of the club for a while said that Dean should not have been voted Player of the month, the fans that voted for him are a minority and the polls are decided by very few fans

Dean should had gone as he jumped the wall, he has had several red cards and most the fans support the board

etc etc

Quite a large article considering the paper only had one fans opinion

It seems to me to show how the Isle of Thanet Gazette will jump at anything for what they think is a story, in fact it is a no story and I suppose he is entitled to his own opinion like the rest of us but why they should make sometning of it is beyond me, anyway good luck to the boys tomorrow now that is a far better story !!!

Originally Posted By: Joseba
Originally Posted By: AncientBlue
The moral of the overstated story is: If you are going shout your mouth off from the rooftops, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

AB do not know if you are entilled to have these thoughts. Have you supported MFC as long as Christine's husband 1975 was it notwink

Saw my first game in the 1952/53 season Jim.

What a ridiculous article. As previously stated, it just shows how naive the Gazette is: one fan shoots his mouth off, and it makes the back page! Personally, I didn't vote for Standen, but it is well within the rights of those who did vote for him to do so. He played a couple of games and gave a valuable contribution. Therefore, he had as much right as anyone else to be voted for.

For God's sake, it is only a fans' online poll! And as for Mr Hamilton stating that "Most of the fans' back the board's decision", it just proves that he doesn't come on this forum; many of us, myself included, didn't back the board's decision.

Agree with Mike. Who does this Mr Hamilton think he is saying "most of the fans back the board's decision"?! Has he asked every supporter and come up with a majority verdict? I think not! grin

Some good stories inside about the youth and use of the 5aside pitches, so it's a shame they went with one man's bitter ramblings on the back page. The main story is tomorrow's game so COME ON YOU BLUES!

For the exiles, the paper tells us that Margate FC have been made a partner in Kent County Council's Playing For Success scheme. There will be a facility at the ground with a 20-screen computer suite for children with learning and behavioural difficulties, and those who perform well will get a go on the Hartsdown 5s.

According to the paper, a temporary suite is to be set up in the Hartsdown Road end, before Playing For Success finds a permanent home in the new Coffin End.

Margate FC will be one of just four centres in Kent where this scheme is implemented. The others are Ebbsfleet United FC, Kent County Cricket Club in Canterbury, and Buckmore Park racing track in Medway.

Originally Posted By: Porka
For the exiles, the paper tells us that Margate FC have been made a partner in Kent County Council's Playing For Success scheme. There will be a facility at the ground with a 20-screen computer suite for children with learning and behavioural difficulties, and those who perform well will get a go on the Hartsdown 5s.

According to the paper, a temporary suite is to be set up in the Hartsdown Road end, before Playing For Success finds a permanent home in the new Coffin End.

Margate FC will be one of just four centres in Kent where this scheme is implemented. The others are Ebbsfleet United FC, Kent County Cricket Club in Canterbury, and Buckmore Park racing track in Medway.

Fantastic news - possibly some 'evidence' of the club moving forward? Will be a huge asset for kids and am especially pleased that we have got it and not Ramshite!!!

The fact that the Hamilton person said most of the fans support the board's decision leads me to believe it has been engineered or planted by said board.

This fan does not, will not, and cannot support the board. And it seems that IOTG are still perpetuating the original lie, and that is the thing that has offended me the most, not to mention my utter disappointment in the character of the teller of it.

And who is this person that thinks they can speak for everyone else, and where is the objectivity in the journalism of the paper that they can give column inches to this person's view but no other view in counter?

These so called fans can always vote too, and then stand by the result and stop wingeing.

Those who voted for Dean in the poll believed it would be a fitting tribute to a long standing servant of the club who they think was unfairly treated. It might have been only one or two individuals with multiple voting, as has already happened this season.

Either way, the real reason he went is because we have a strong midfield without him, and with the playoffs to go for we can't risk a player who can cost points by getting sent off. That much is obvious isn't it?

By confronting a fan (barrier jump or not) the guy has given the club a heaven-sent opportunity to out him straight away and save his wages until the end of the season.

So: the club uses an excuse to get rid of a player; his supporters get their own back by voting him player of the month; the club plants their side of it in the paper; the supporters have a go back in the forum.

It is history now, so let's get behind the team for the rest of the season.

Probably elements of thruth in that.

Imo opinion however,Dean enhanced the quality of the midfield as opposed to weakened it.

Must admit don't know who would have been the 'best' four out of five of Mckimm,Jay,Dean,Saunders ,JJ and Martin in midield;but with injuries /suspensions, it would not have been a selection problem except on very rare occasions anyway.

Still as you say Chris-its history now.

Up the 'Gate