Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barney Has Resigned

I read the full post this morning, and am surprised that it has been taken off the forum, as it was for the fans of slough, and again, it seems the slough fans are being kept in the dark over this!!

This is bit [****!!****] really. I'd like to see what he put in full rather than a sanitised version. It is also daft when clearly several people have already seen it.

Well it wasn't deleted by me and I'd have been interested to read it

I'd also add that if this is an UNOFFICIAL forum and Barney wants to speak to the fans, it shouldn't be for members of the management committee to delete messages on here.

Crumbs - I would guess that those "payments" were private arrangements because it is clear the club has been paying the agreed budget week in week out this season.

I don't think that sort of ultimatium is surprising given the ineptitude of the performances in recent weeks. With the exception of Fleet and Farnborough we have been awful recently. Sad to lose Barney though as I think he has done well and has good contacts at this level.

We could get our sixth manager in two seasons which would be impressive.

It was posted at half 1 this morning, i read it at half 7 and by the time i had got to work at half 8 it was off the forum, so obviously, someone wanted to get rid of it before it was read!

Yes, they must be payments over and above what the club have agreed to pay the players because I'm sure our new chairman stated that:

'as long as I'm the chairman of Slough Town I will guarantee the players will be payed on time and in full'.

If this statement is true that Betts and Barney are out of the door if we we lose against Bridgewater, the club must be in touch with a prospective new manager to take over with immediate effect?

Strange why Wilko was allowed to drift along with so many bad results and was never given an ultimatum unlike B+B.

Being typically legal minded I can see the other side of the arguement and understand why it's been removed. The Man co are trying to run things more professional and do things by press release and official statements rather than blurting stuff out on an internet forum. Let's see what the statement says.