Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town and the QE Stadium

My understanding is that the stadium has been unusable for serious athletics for many years. That is why Enfield Harriers left and, I believe,merged with Haringey AC. I stand to be corrected if I have misunderstood. Of course using it for Primary school 'sports days' deflects somewhat from the sale of school sports grounds... but there is no reason why school sthat do not (or no longer) possess playing fields can't hold their events on Enfield playing fields or any other nearby rec. In any event athletics is not a viable spectator sport. Senior football with a regular paying crowd is probably the best option to secure the future of the stadium.

Consultation means waiting a bit, holding a meeting or two then doing what you want.

Wait for the housing scheme..........

Some years ago whilst EFC were still playing at Southbury Road we looked at a number of possible sites for football, and at that time it was noted that the QE2 was in an advanced state of disrepair. Given that probably nothing has been spent on it's upkeep since then, it can hardly be a surprise that it has now been declared unsafe, can it?

At the recent presentations it was noted that the Council had been measuring up the allotments, so they might be willing to have a go at them. Alternately, I reckon you culd access the site through the David Lloyd car park route. Whatever form of redevelopment of the QE occurs, it will require access to be sorted out. I reckon the Council has a plan on that front.

I also think that the athletics for schools answer lies in the Henry Barress stadium.

simple - do the same as the council always does

stuff public opinion,

bulldoze through the steaming pil;es of horse sh1t on the allotments, totally taking out mrs miggins runner beans on the way,

tunnel under the toxic waste which is under the mounds - err sorry grassy banks,

flatten the entire site, neatly spreading the rubble and aforementioned toxic waste across the playing fields, rendering them useless - unless you want to further restrict use other than as an extension to the willow estate.

finally build some wonderfully designed bedsits for more labore key workers in the borough to colonise, thus increasing labores chances of getting re-eleceted whilst removing another of the councils problems in the process.

either that it should be set aside as a national tiddleywinks acadamy, and we should push for tiddleywinks inclusion in the 2012 olympics, with donkey lane as a new olympic venue.

I like the fact that the friends of Jose O'Whore only start complaining about the council letting the athletics track 'die' once it is known that someone else wants to put it to better use.

Everyone knows that the state of the QE stadium has been in decline for years now, yet they have never come out before to complain about it.....until now that is!!

On the issue about access, possibly open up the pathway from ladysmith road past ignations club house and use that as a road in and out of the stadium.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer

I also think that the athletics for schools answer lies in the Henry Barress stadium.
There is no athletics track at the Barrass (If there was its long gone ) ,All thats there is a Concrete stand and minimal floodlighting nowadays . It has in recent times reverted back to a part of Jubilee park as its open to all and sundry like people walk their dogs over it.

The sense of doom and gloom over the QE Stadium must stop. We must not fear the site going to Mr Fairview or Mr Laings, but tackle the challenge as a United group of fans. That starts by e-mailing your councillors and MP's alike and asking where's our stadium for the LBE? it has to be aired but not by the same voices again and again.